By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
routsounmanman said:
Barozi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Barozi said:
I expected far more from the Wii price drop.
PS3's price cut + redesign had a much better effect.

Nothing is decided yet though.

That's why.

True but doesn't change the fact that I expected more from the Wii.

PS3 and 360 fared likewise if not worse with bare price drops. Why should Wii do differently?

Because last year's sales levels, with no pricecut and a much weaker line-up... Are much higher than this years sales, which have a pricecut and a much better line-up.

Remarkably, the Wii is down YoY again. People expected it to spring back to last years level of sales, and it hasn't.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
routsounmanman said:
Barozi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Barozi said:

That's why.

PS3 and 360 fared likewise if not worse with bare price drops. Why should Wii do differently?

Because last year's sales levels, with no pricecut and a much weaker line-up... Are much higher than this years sales, which have a pricecut and a much better line-up.

Remarkably, the Wii is down YoY again. People expected it to spring back to last years level of sales, and it hasn't.

Last year Wii was still riding the waves of Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB ,Mario Kart and Wii Fit. Wii HW sales have dropped YoY and overall due to the lost steam from last year's dissapointing holiday period.

And I still expect a HUGE Wii holiday, NWBWii will have a tremendous effect coupled with the recent price drop.

routsounmanman said:
Carl2291 said:
routsounmanman said:
Barozi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Barozi said:

That's why.

Last year Wii was still riding the waves of Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB ,Mario Kart and Wii Fit. Wii HW sales have dropped YoY and overall due to the lost steam from last year's dissapointing holiday period.

And I still expect a HUGE Wii holiday, NWBWii will have a tremendous effect coupled with the recent price drop.

This year it's had WSR, MH3 and WF+. While possibly not as big as last year's lineup, all have been called big system sellers at one point. Those coupled with a pricecut make people think big. As Barozi said, he expected much more... A lot of people did.

@ Red, we will see. But i don't expect last years sales levels.

The problem I think with Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort is they're pretty much direct sequels/expansions to games that people who already have a Wii already own.

At least Mario is new for a console and no Mario has ever had 4-player either. Monster Hunter 3 did its job as far as I'm concerned, it boosted the Wii much higher for a full month and paved the way for other core games to follow behind it (like Samurai Warriors 3, Tales of Graces, etc.).

Sorry but wii sales are VERY disappointing.

The console is selling LESS than it was the same week last year despite getting a price drop

If PS360 had shown such a response to their price cuts, hell would break loose on the forums.

In no way can I say the wii sales are impressive.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

15% less to be completely accurate

darthdevidem01 said:
Sorry but wii sales are VERY disappointing.

The console is selling LESS than it was the same week last year despite getting a price drop

If PS360 had shown such a response to their price cuts, hell would break loose on the forums.

In no way can I say the wii sales are impressive.

Yeah it's "only" selling PS2 levels nowadays instead of "super insane, crazy, record breaking" levels of last year. 

I think some perspective also helps. Nintendo was doing some unheard of things last year like selling basically Christmas-level of sales in normally dead months like July. It was insane. You may never see that again with any system. 

Carl2291 said:
routsounmanman said:
Carl2291 said:
routsounmanman said:
Barozi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Barozi said:

That's why.

This year it's had WSR, MH3 and WF+. While possibly not as big as last year's lineup, all have been called big system sellers at one point. Those coupled with a pricecut make people think big. As Barozi said, he expected much more... A lot of people did.

@ Red, we will see. But i don't expect last years sales levels.

Wii Sports Resort was launched during a very dry period. IMO it will show its real teeth during the holidays with new advertising, new bundles and the price drop. WF+ has just released and noone can possibly judge such a game by its opening weeks.

As for MH3 and Japan in general, I'm a bit buffled. Maybe the Japanese never got into the Wii besides the casual crowd, maybe it's all due to the recent PS3 hype train wrecking havoc there, the point is Wii is having trouble in Japan lately (the same trouble the HD consoles have been having from the start).

PS3 had much more pent up demand because of a much higher price than people wanted to pay. The long-rumored redesign and price drop also had surpressed demand below natural levels.

The Wii saw a boost over current demand for a price drop that many said would not make any difference.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

man Nintendo never really had to try to hard to sell a console lol... they dropped there price to 200 and there sales doubled... i mean come on its only a $50 price drop... the only 1 thing i had to say about this situation is................... That's What im Talking About!!!!!!!!!!!!