By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The minimal PS3/360 gap will be 3.5M and maximal 5.5M by the end of 2009

i will be sursprised if the gap is not down to 5.5m or less, the x360 will have to pull out major stops in the hope to try and reduce what ps3 is doing to it right now

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@jneul

maybe so.... but that means the gap is still 5.5m... thats a hefty gap and is exactly where we started when the PS3 launched over 3 years ago. people forget this.

i have not forgotten i know that because i was one of the few that actually bought a ps3 when it was released, yes xbox 360 has had some good sales since then, but now sales for the ps3 are picking up quite a bit now, just watch how many ps3's get sold when ff releases in japan, not to mention gt5 will give it a nice boost 2.

still on average ps3 has sold more consoles in in's first three years compared to xbox 360, that alone tells how this all is going to end out, m$ will lose again, eventually, but before that even happens they will put out the xbox 360, which is unfair to all the users that ever bought it.

i will apologise if they don't pull out the xbox 360, but i have been the witness to many bad things all done by m$

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

This week is where the PS3 should start to pull away again, we should see ~100k gap.

@kowen, do you still expect it to be close these holidays?

kowenicki said:
@jneul

The alligned launches is a red herring anyone with half an analytical brain knows this.

To say that they will pull out on the 360 is idiotic. The 360 currently makes money, the PS3 still doesnt.

The 360 is an extremely succesful console and has killed Sony market share.... it is simply a runaway success.

"Witness to all the bad things done by MS"?.... Do you ignore the bad things done by Sony then?

I have difficulty taking seriously people that have an advert with a price tag in their sig. Sorry.

actually m$ is losing money on the xbox division, and no it is no idiotic to say they will pull it out, what did they do to the original because it did not do as well as they wanted it to, plus it was bleeding money.

sony has done their own evil things i admit, no one can forget the DRE, but all electronic devices have a failure rate, and none of the other companines fix your faulty products for free, yes it is not fair, but thats how things work when you are a business.

P.S whats wrong with advertising the product you support, especially seen it is a great quality product a such a great price??

PS VITA = LIFE

You should make another thread in January to see how close people were.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@jneul

The alligned launches is a red herring anyone with half an analytical brain knows this.

To say that they will pull out on the 360 is idiotic. The 360 currently makes money, the PS3 still doesnt.

The 360 is an extremely succesful console and has killed Sony market share.... it is simply a runaway success.

"Witness to all the bad things done by MS"?.... Do you ignore the bad things done by Sony then?

I have difficulty taking seriously people that have an advert with a price tag in their sig. Sorry.

Actually, Sony killed Sony market share.

If Sony were not that arrogant in the beginning of the generation, and made a cheap (400-300$) system, that it is easy to develop to, PS3 would've outsold the 360 faster than the Wii.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

jneul said:
kowenicki said:
@jneul

actually m$ is losing money on the xbox division, and no it is no idiotic to say they will pull it out, what did they do to the original because it did not do as well as they wanted it to, plus it was bleeding money.

sony has done their own evil things i admit, no one can forget the DRE, but all electronic devices have a failure rate, and none of the other companines fix your faulty products for free, yes it is not fair, but thats how things work when you are a business.

P.S whats wrong with advertising the product you support, especially seen it is a great quality product a such a great price??

I thought Microsoft pulled the plug on the original XBox because they screwed up on their contract with Nvidia for the supply of graphics cards, making impossible for them to remain competitive and make money on the XBox.  

I agree with Kowenicki about having an advert in your sig.  PS3 is a great console at a great price but advertising for Sony smacks of fanboyism.  If you liked a newspaper would you deliver it for free?

kowenicki said:

@jneul

that post is so ignorant of the actual facts its laughable

1. The "xbox division" doesnt exist... go check, it is now called somthing else (much like how sony quote the playstation profit (losses) these days) and the new division has shown profit for some time

2. Theye didnt pull out due to lack of success, they pulled out because of a poor deal they made with nvidia over choip manufacture which made redcucing costs prohibitive.

3. PS2 had an horrendous failure rate. DRE, Batteries, Price shafting of Europe etc etc.

4. You live in the UK not the US... it isnt a great price in the UK... its RRP is $411 in the UK, or to convert backwards it should be about £190 not £249.

Don't see what supposed price shafting has to do with the failure rate.

Regardless, do you have any figures for the failure rate? I had my fat ps2 from launch and it still works to this day; the same can be said for all my friends' ps2s.

kowenicki said:

@jneul

that post is so ignorant of the actual facts its laughable

1. The "xbox division" doesnt exist... go check, it is now called somthing else (much like how sony quote the playstation profit (losses) these days) and the new division has shown profit for some time

2. Theye didnt pull out due to lack of success, they pulled out because of a poor deal they made with nvidia over choip manufacture which made redcucing costs prohibitive.

3. PS2 had an horrendous failure rate. DRE, Batteries, Price shafting of Europe etc etc.

4. You live in the UK not the US... it isnt a great price in the UK... its RRP is $411 in the UK, or to convert backwards it should be about £190 not £249.

My ps2 worked perfectly fine for 4 years...

My 360 broke on me in 15 months

kowenicki said:
@wholikeswood

try reading back.... this was merely pointing out that all corporations have skeletons in their cupboards... but if you are one of those that think sony is somehow different then thats up to you.

Try answering my question.

I, for example, can point to dozens of consumer surveys and polls that indicate failure rates for the 360 of 68%, etc, etc. In light of this, it is not unfair of me to claim that the 360 has an horrendous failure rate.

You, in contrast, have pointed to nothing that shows your claim to be anything more than conjecture.

I'm not after a 360 vs Sony consoles failure rate war here. I just want to see what your evidence is; stop dodging.