By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Epic Mickey scans are out.

"Nope. What let everybody down is the fact that the game looks A LOT like Spyro the Dragon.

And that cant be good."

Only if you assume it's going to be like the later games, not the awesome trilogy by Insomniac.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Uhhh, ok I surrender. This game will be awful because of early screens not being identical to the concept art, and not being what everyone "guessed" it to be. On another note, FFXIII versus will also be terrible because of that gameplay video that sucked...

Ugh, thanks to this thread I start to remember all the disapointment I've had with Final Fantasy. I looked at concept art from Amano, and then looked at the game's actual graphics, and WTF, they weren't the same at all!

I just got GI in the mail, and I'm pretty hyped after reading the article. It really sounds like he's extremely passionate about this game, and that makes me pretty confident in his abilities. Some screens look better than others, but overall it has this crazy, kooky vibe going for it.

Like many have stated before, I'm cautiously excited about this one. Of course, magazine scans on an unfinished game do little good, right now we should be focused on what Warren and Junction Point hope do to in the finished game. It sounds ambitious, and I can't wait to see/hear more.

I was hoping it would look a little more darker and sinister. The games art seemed to be heading that way but these scans just don't show what I was expecting.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Around the Network

Ya know, can't wait to see videos. Who knows, maybe it'll look better there (though I like the look already), not to mention the game still has quite a while before it comes out, so the developers will certainly make improvements.

Erik Aston said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Remember, his track record is now running full force into a brick wall of anti-Wii Fanboys who finally have fuel to nit pick his game.  The 'graphics'.

Ah yes. I forgot that I am an anti-Wii fanboy. That's why I made the Smash bros. Brawl picture in my sig. I didn't click to view the full sized scans, I didn't read the article, I don't own a Wii, and of course, I hate Nintendo.

Spector's track record with 2D and 3D platformers and brawlers is of course... has he made any? He does have a track record for implementing the gameplay described in the "2 sides to every story" page. So that's kind of exciting, and like I have said, that could be a system which redeems the painting and erasing system from becoming "paint-by-numbers."

Then maybe you should admit that, like the majority of the other people in this thread, you are just stating the game looks bad and 'weak' based on a few screens.  And possibly not living up to your exceedingly high expectations of the initial concept art.  Which I stated before this article came out, was was not likely to be anything close to the actual game.  Cuz, you know....its CONCEPT ART.

Also, while you're trying to point at this guys 'track record' as a source of possible flaws to his abilities as a game developer, you're also trying to back your own argument up by saying you're non-bias towards the guy and you're willing to wait to see new gameplay before making a judgement.  I'd follow the latter if you really want to show you are non-bias.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Erik Aston said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Remember, his track record is now running full force into a brick wall of anti-Wii Fanboys who finally have fuel to nit pick his game.  The 'graphics'.

Ah yes. I forgot that I am an anti-Wii fanboy. That's why I made the Smash bros. Brawl picture in my sig. I didn't click to view the full sized scans, I didn't read the article, I don't own a Wii, and of course, I hate Nintendo.

Spector's track record with 2D and 3D platformers and brawlers is of course... has he made any? He does have a track record for implementing the gameplay described in the "2 sides to every story" page. So that's kind of exciting, and like I have said, that could be a system which redeems the painting and erasing system from becoming "paint-by-numbers."

Then maybe you should admit that, like the majority of the other people in this thread, you are just stating the game looks bad and 'weak' based on a few screens.  And possibly not living up to your exceedingly high expectations of the initial concept art.  Which I stated before this article came out, was was not likely to be anything close to the actual game.  Cuz, you know....its CONCEPT ART.

Also, while you're trying to point at this guys 'track record' as a source of possible flaws to his abilities as a game developer, you're also trying to back your own argument up by saying you're non-bias towards the guy and you're willing to wait to see new gameplay before making a judgement.  I'd follow the latter if you really want to show you are non-bias.

Dictating and goading someone into a particular perception of non-bias....actually creates a bias.

Maybe I set my expectations too high after seeing the concept art, but I never expected to be let down this bad.  Let me put it this way.....

I was expecting Fantasia, instead I got Saturday morning cartoon.

or this way....

I was expecting Galaxy meets Final Fantasy, instead I got Rabbids meets Death Junior.

I was expecting comparisons to big budget mind blowing games not cheap little afterthoughts.  I'll give the game a chance still since the premice and gameplay sound so interesting.  But dear God please let them do a gigantic visual overhaul!

The demo level is based on "It's a Small World". It's not going to look as dark and gothic as the concept art.

The later levels, I honestly don't know.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs