By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft reiterates that 360 will outsell PS3 for the entire generation

txrattlesnake said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
txrattlesnake said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Sony are breaking even on the 120GB slim, and making profit with software and on the PSP, PSPGO & Playstation 2 + all there software
and the introduction of the 250GB Slim which they make money on

Microsoft talking out there ass again i see lol

No they aren't

Slim hardware is losing money

http://kotaku.com/5344701/sony-losing-money-on-ps3-slim

I think that will be offset by the 250 gig model.  Can you imagine how well PS3 would be selling if they bring the 120 down to $250 when the 250 gig comes out?

Another PS3 price cut, lol

I don't think it would be that funny for the other consoles.  It would put PS3 back within $50.00 of Wii, the price difference that existed before Nintendo saw how successful the PS3 was at being at $299 and caused Nintendo to have to lower the Wii's price in response, so they would have to lower the Wii's price by another $50.00 and that would mess up the pricing strategy they have for their handhelds, and the 360 has shown that even with a $199 Arcade and a $299 Elite they can't beat the PS3 worldwide, so if Sony brought the PS3 down to $250 and had even stronger sales, Microsoft would have to lower their prices even more to keep up.

Is it really a win for Microsoft if at the end they have to bring the Arcade down to $100 to guarantee a win?  I don't think that would look too good to their investors.

Wow... you really fail so hard at analyzing.  The Wii hadn't had a single price drop in its entire 3 year life span while the 360 and PS3 each had a handful.  Then it only had to cut $50 to boost demand again.

And you say the Wii cutting price $50 would mess up their handheld pricing structure?  What about the PS3 cutting $50 which you think would be all too easy?  That'd make it equal to a PSP Go.... totally messing up their handhelds.

Also, to your last statement, Microsofts console costs a lot less than a PS3 to produce.  They could easily afford another $50 cut now to take back sales over the PS3.  And if in the end they have to cut the arcade to $100 in a few years (since Natal and "Sphere" will interupt price reductions for a good year or so), it would still be a win for Microsoft because they would have been profitable on the Xbox brand now and outsold their main target achieving their goal.  Making next gen a heck of a lot easier, especially if Natal takes off like it seems it will.  Their "NextBox with Natal+" would have all the audiences covered from the start and a higher last gen userbase to draw on than the PS4.  That seems like a very nice place for investors to be in.  Oh and really, who invests in MS for their console market anyways?  No one, so stop your bull crap.  They invest because of the MS Software business stronghold.

EDIT after seeing your reply:  And no, MS is not losing money on either 360 SKU at this point.... Unlike Sony, I hear

Around the Network

This reminds me of a time when #1 LSU came to the unranked Univeristy of Kentucky to play a little football and we defeated them in 3 overtimes. MS, keep blowing smoke, it won't help your sales. 360 WILL win US, unless a huge turn of events comes about which im giving 0.01% - that's 1/100th of a percent chance of occurring. Worldwide however will be won by Sony in the end. I am giving that a 90% chance of occurring. Natal will not attract new owners. Not that I think the wand will for Sony either, but I keep hearing people pointing Natal like it's the second coming of Jesus for the 360.

dsgrue3 said:
This reminds me of a time when #1 LSU came to the unranked Univeristy of Kentucky to play a little football and we defeated them in 3 overtimes. MS, keep blowing smoke, it won't help your sales. 360 WILL win US, unless a huge turn of events comes about which im giving 0.01% - that's 1/100th of a percent chance of occurring. Worldwide however will be won by Sony in the end. I am giving that a 90% chance of occurring. Natal will not attract new owners. Not that I think the wand will for Sony either, but I keep hearing people pointing Natal like it's the second coming of Jesus for the 360.

Kinda like how I keep hearing how GT5, FFXIII in Japan, God of War 3, Uncharted 2, etc. are the second coming of Christ for the PS3.....

Except Natal actually has a huge amount of developer support and enthusiasm and media coverage while basically nothing has been said about Sony's Sphere.  Who knows, maybe they will both flop, no one can see the future, I'm just saying based on information available today, Natal looks to at least stir the waters a bit and make a splash or two.

This is why I hate microsoft, they always brag about or try to make them seem superior all the time. Their wallet cant buy them perfection.

No i dont hate the xbox btw. Just the company that owns it

*Sigh* People still complaining about a simple form of business. I never understood why people are so sensitive about these things.

Sony really needs strong software and advertising to take America and the UK from Microsoft. Gran Turismo 5 should really help sales in the UK, while in America, if its preorders are something to go by, M.A.G. looks like it could be a big hit.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Sony losing even more money? WIshful thinking.

bonkers555 said:
lhill8181 said:

keep dreaming microsoft, funny ms talking about loosing money , there the kings of loosing, how much did rrod cost you, 2 billion plus, and the class action lawsuit,  keep dreaming, keep lowering the price, when you do and ps3 is still slapping you , that will make those words feel real real good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Funny.  Last time I check M$ as a company is making billions and Sony as a company is losing billions.

dont ruin it now :P

meltdown like that are part of the reasons why some come here to vgchartz.

bonkers, how does what you say have any point at all. MS as a company? That's just as pertinent as saying one country's economy is better than the other's.

there is more than a 10B dollar difference between the income levels from ps3 and xbox divisions.

And this is news? Show me a company that would admit that it will sell less than competition before holidays. Yes, you don't find any.

On second thoughts, if nobody hurled chairs or danced shouting "Developers!" during MS interview, it didn't happen.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!