By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft reiterates that 360 will outsell PS3 for the entire generation

i think the claim for 2009 is about as outlandish and unrealistic as the forza 3 devs saying they are redefining the genre and whatnot. as for the gen, sure it's possible they could maintain a relic of their huge lead by the end. i'm not really sure what is to be so jazzed about regarding that.

art is the excrement of culture

Around the Network
uber said:
i think the claim for 2009 is about as outlandish and unrealistic as the forza 3 devs saying they are redefining the genre and whatnot. as for the gen, sure it's possible they could maintain a relic of their huge lead by the end. i'm not really sure what is to be so jazzed about regarding that.

Wow... it's like people don't even realize what happened in 2007 and 2008....  Sony took 2007 late with price cuts.  MS took 2008 late with price cuts.  Sony takes 2009 late with price cuts.  2010:  MS takes it with Natal and price cuts...?

The momentum shifts lots of times, and so far each time it has shifted to MS, their overall lead has grown to its highest point.

nightsurge said:
uber said:

Wow... it's like people don't even realize what happened in 2007 and 2008....  Sony took 2007 late with price cuts.  MS took 2008 late with price cuts.  Sony takes 2009 late with price cuts.  2010:  MS takes it with Natal and price cuts...?

The momentum shifts lots of times, and so far each time it has shifted to MS, their overall lead has grown to its highest point.

well judging by the year end sales article on here sony is up almost half a million for this year and took 2008 by 1 million.  how exactly is this big turnaround going to happen again?  the public is excited over the ps3 brand.  with the big lineup slated for the next 8 months it will only get bigger.

uber said:
nightsurge said:
uber said:

well judging by the year end sales article on here sony is up almost half a million for this year and took 2008 by 1 million.  how exactly is this big turnaround going to happen again?  the public is excited over the ps3 brand.  with the big lineup slated for the next 8 months it will only get bigger.

Huh?  Sony is still down 2% YoY total from last year....  The public is only excited about the price cut and the slim (but to a much lesser extent).  And there you go touting the supposed "big line-up" of savior games like every Sony fanboy does.

I don't know what you mean by saying Sony took 2008 by 1 million....? The 360 outsold the PS3 in 2008.

not by this it didn't.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5561&mp=1

don't call me a sony fanboy because sony's ps3 exclusive lineup is really strong. that's just being ignorant and dismissive.

Around the Network
uber said:
not by this it didn't.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5561&mp=1

don't call me a sony fanboy because sony's ps3 exclusive lineup is really strong. that's just being ignorant and dismissive.

That shows that PS3 sales are still down 2% overall from last year.  Exactly as I said.... You do realize that is a chart of up to this point in the year, right?  And not the total year?  The 360 outsold the PS3 by leaps and bounds late in the year to outsell it for the total 2008.  Just like how the 360 outsold the PS3 all this 2009 year until the price cut which is now putting the PS3 on top...  I guess I didn't realize that chart was so confusing to some people.

And I was not calling you a Sony fanboy.  I said you were doing exactly what every Sony fanboy does with their exclusive line-up of second comings of Christ to save the PS3 or boost sales even further.  I'm not saying their line-up isn't strong, just that the impact it will have on PS3 sales will be minimal, just as every game before.  The 360 future exclusives line-up is looking really strong too, so don't be so dismissive and think nothing compares to the precious PS3 line-up.

I can't say whether Sony's line-up is good or very good, making the difference, but what's very evident is that MS and some of its fans feel the urge to belittle that Sony is currently doing better than predicted.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
I can't say whether Sony's line-up is good or very good, making the difference, but what's very evident is that MS and some of its fans feel the urge to belittle that Sony is currently doing better than predicted.

Oh? Since Sony is the most belittleable console manufacturer based strictly on their own actions, why not belittle?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Oh? Since Sony is the most belittleable console manufacturer based strictly on their own actions, why not belittle?

So MS doesn't need to worry... Interesting, I'll take note of it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Squilliam said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

So MS doesn't need to worry... Interesting, I'll take note of it.

They probably don't need to worry. Sony on the other hand just clocked up $100,000,000,000 in debt...

Tease.