By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft reiterates that 360 will outsell PS3 for the entire generation

Gran Turismo 5?

Around the Network
WheelStriker said:

Does this greenberg guy ever shut up?

Hard to shut up, if you are giving an interview.  One doesn't expect him to go ahead an say the 360 is doomed.

Carl2291 said:
Gran Turismo 5?

Yeah only a one or 2 week boost.  Maybe more in EU but that's about it.  Too late in the gen to really attract many new hardcore gamers that don't have the console of their choice already.

M$ has something up their sleeves for the holiday...probably a $179 Arcade bundle...what' interesting is the financial side he talked about...so I guess M$ ISN'T losing money on every 360.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

nightsurge said:
Carl2291 said:
Gran Turismo 5?

Yeah only a one or 2 week boost.  Maybe more in EU but that's about it.  Too late in the gen to really attract many new hardcore gamers that don't have the console of their choice already.

It will likely be releasing in different area's at different times, like the other GT games. So i think it could give a pretty decent boost over a period of time.

And a game as big as Gran Turismo should keep sales pretty high. Especially in EU as you say, but then again... EU is PS3's best market and GT's best market, so the boost will be much bigger.

And don't forget, GT isn't just a hardcore franchise.

Around the Network

I find it funny is that the people who think GT5 and FF13 will be system sellers don't think NSMB Wii will be a system seller, I really want to hear that logic

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
I find it funny is that the people who think GT5 and FF13 will be system sellers don't think NSMB Wii will be a system seller, I really want to hear that logic

When did i say NSMB Wii wont be a system seller?

Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

When did i say NSMB Wii wont be a system seller?

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, but I have seen a few people make comments about how they think that NSMB wont sell systems, and then in  talk about how big FF13 is going to be for PS3 in japan

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Thats right guys!
Microsoft got where they are today by giving up sales leads of 7million to their rivals

has anybody a link for the $100 billion debt for Sony?

All I can find via google is a link to a forum :/

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...