By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 can be released anytime PD wants..

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
I've learned something about this generation of gamers, they complain A LOT!

OT: Hopefully, the game will be released when it's ready, just take your time with this project. I'd rather it be polished than rushed, the crash damage is important.

The game is ready my friend. There was never any way they could be outshined by Forza 3, but it's obvious that something in that game made them push the release date back.

learn your facts before posting... they never pushed the release date back... I mean fuck... they never even released a target period as far as I'm aware.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
I've learned something about this generation of gamers, they complain A LOT!

OT: Hopefully, the game will be released when it's ready, just take your time with this project. I'd rather it be polished than rushed, the crash damage is important.

The game is ready my friend. There was never any way they could be outshined by Forza 3, but it's obvious that something in that game made them push the release date back.

learn your facts before posting... they never pushed the release date back... I mean fuck... they never even released a target period as far as I'm aware.

Um....I am an avid GT fan and Yamuchi said in 2008 that they could've released the game then. They pushed the game to 4th quarter 2009 to add polish. Sony was trying to get PD to release GT5 for the Christmas season of 2009 to strengthen the holiday value, but Polyphony opted to push the release date back again after playing Forza 3 at E3. I made a bet with plenty of people that Polyphony was going to have a development time of 6 years for GT5 and they all said it was coming out in 2009. This was during E3....after when I saw PD playing Forza 3 I was saying "Awwwww fuck Yamuchi is going to start getting ideas".

lol. okay stage... thats exactly what happened... and ME2 is comming to the PS3 its on the internet so it must be true!

letsdance said:
lol. okay stage... thats exactly what happened... and ME2 is comming to the PS3 its on the internet so it must be true!

Again....what? That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Your sarcasm sucks. After playng GT games since I was in middle school I've begun to understand Yamuchi's pattern. He's a perfectionist.

It means you can't believe everything you read off the internet... or else I'd be a nigerian millionaire. You are pulling release dates out of your ass. Niether PD or Sony gave a target release date. The closest they came was saying "I think it's closer than you think" to someone saying it will release in Q3 of 2010.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
It means you can't believe everything you read off the internet... or else I'd be a nigerian millionaire. You are pulling release dates out of your ass. Niether PD or Sony gave a target release date. The closest they came was saying "I think it's closer than you think" to someone saying it will release in Q3 of 2010.

I never said anything about a target date. I only said the game would be pushed back to 2010. The game was for fall 2009 because Sony wanted it for the Christmas season. I made bets with everyone back in June that Yamuchi would push the date back to 2010. Anyway I have to go....I'll talk to you later.

@letsdance

What S.T.A.G.E says is true, Yamauchi did say in November 2008 that they could release the game whenever they wanted to, it's over at gtplanet.net, I always check that site.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-march-2010-in-japan/?gr_i_ni

I never denied that PD has had bad time management with GT5, I even said that to Onyxmeth. The point is that it was never an official release date like the one we have now, it was just all conjectures and PR talk, which gave hopes to some fans that didn't try to see it in a more reasonable way. What I always tried to say here is that people should always wait for official release dates rather to when they want for the game to be released.
Also I admited too that I would have wanted the game to come sooner, as a avid GT fan myself, but since it's PD we're talking about, the game will be of a great quality when it's finally released in march 2010, which is now official, not just another conjecture.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Just because they could release the game then doesn't mean they pushed it back. So he's wrong.

axumblade said:
I think they get licensing from Nascar officially next year...I think....

That or Sony are really just trying to step up for next year.

nope the license actually ends with the 09 season, so all the cars will be for prior to 10 , someone esle got the rights for 10, but im a bit lazy to look that up right now, found this out when i was reading up on the NFLs, and nflpas deal with ea

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

lestatdark said:
@letsdance

What S.T.A.G.E says is true, Yamauchi did say in November 2008 that they could release the game whenever they wanted to, it's over at gtplanet.net, I always check that site.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-march-2010-in-japan/?gr_i_ni

I never denied that PD has had bad time management with GT5, I even said that to Onyxmeth. The point is that it was never an official release date like the one we have now, it was just all conjectures and PR talk, which gave hopes to some fans that didn't try to see it in a more reasonable way. What I always tried to say here is that people should always wait for official release dates rather to when they want for the game to be released.
Also I admited too that I would have wanted the game to come sooner, as a avid GT fan myself, but since it's PD we're talking about, the game will be of a great quality when it's finally released in march 2010, which is now official, not just another conjecture.

Can you guys not see why most of us are pissed off at PD?  If you continually keep saying GT5 is going to be out soon and then push it back your going to get people to anticipate it whether it has an official release date or not.  It is misleading and for those of us who are GT fans its frustrating to no end.

The comments like we could release the game at anytime piss me off more than being cocky about their game.  Just finish the damnd thing already...

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!