By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 can be released anytime PD wants..

Apparently, the new release date can changed at their will.

http://www.psu.com/Yamauchi-admits-GT5-could-be-released-anytime-we-want-News--a008274-p0.php 

Around the Network

Err Yeah of course you can. No amount of saying its ready then saying it is not is going to convince me or anybody else.

SRT guys suggested that FM3 was so good it sent PD scurrying back to add polish. This sort of backs that up. I do not however agree it was ready as he said this back during E3.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
welshbloke said:
Err Yeah of course you can. No amount of saying its ready then saying it is not is going to convince me or anybody else.

SRT guys suggested that FM3 was so good it sent PD scurrying back to add polish. This sort of backs that up. I do not however agree it was ready as he said this back during E3.

^This

welshbloke said:

it really doesn't back that up at all....

Considering they already released Prologue, I'm sure they could release GT5 at any time.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Around the Network

Not this crap again, Hey PD, stop saying you can release it at anytime and just do it then. If you really can. Everyone knows you pulled the game back to work on a few things, so just man up an say so or release the damn game.

Just release the damn game already, no one cares anymore.

CGI-Quality said:
I've learned something about this generation of gamers, they complain A LOT!

OT: Hopefully, the game will be released when it's ready, just take your time with this project. I'd rather it be polished than rushed, the crash damage is important.

If they do incorporate that new damage engine they were working on, it would truly be the greatest sim ever. Not hate intended on FM3.

CGI-Quality said:
I've learned something about this generation of gamers, they complain A LOT!

OT: Hopefully, the game will be released when it's ready, just take your time with this project. I'd rather it be polished than rushed, the crash damage is important.

I agree, but I just hate that they keep saying they can release it anytime they want.  Which is obviously not true because they want to get the damage modeling right, which is why the release date is in March 2010.   Which I am all for them getting it right, thats not the issue. 

Something must be said about the PS3 being unusually hard to program for since I don't remember GT being released 3 years after PS1 was launched or GT3 being released 3 years after the PS2 launched.

I truly think that if GT5 was released in 2007 or 2008, the PS3 would not be behind the 360 by 7 million.

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd