By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN playing unannounced Nintendo title next week, not a "B game"

Roflinator said:
NightDragon83 said:
specialops787 said:
New! Donkey Kong Country Wii (as in NSMBW = NDKCW)

Now THAT'S something I could get excited about... old-school platforming goodness with some gorgeous 2-D graphics!  And I know Nintendo can do it... the question is, will they finally find their balls, or will they continue churning out endless casual games with Wii in the title.

Are you implying that Nintendo only makes casual Wii ____ games? Seriously?

If you go by their lineup released post-Brawl, then yes.

Wait, sorry... they also released a sequel to, released a remake of, re-released Punch-Out!! with updated graphics and motion control support... my bad.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
Roflinator said:
NightDragon83 said:
specialops787 said:

Now THAT'S something I could get excited about... old-school platforming goodness with some gorgeous 2-D graphics!  And I know Nintendo can do it... the question is, will they finally find their balls, or will they continue churning out endless casual games with Wii in the title.

Wait, sorry... they also released a sequel to, released a remake of, re-released Punch-Out!! with updated graphics and motion control support... my bad.

Uh? Mario Kart Wii? Animal Crossing? Sin and Punishment 2? New Super Mario Bros Wii? Wario Land Shake It?

Yeah. Sounds like Nintendo seems to only focus on Wii _____ games indeed. :|

And if I recall correctly Punch-Out Wii isn't a re-release. Isn't the roster a mix of the SNES and NES games with 2 new characters?

Let it be, i don't care!

I am a big fan of jordan shoes and hiphone on dragonkicks.com and hnnphone.com.

NightDragon83 said:
specialops787 said:

It's called New Super Mario Bros. Wii. You might want to step out of the 2007 hyperbole because it's almost 2010.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Roflinator said:
NightDragon83 said:
Roflinator said:
NightDragon83 said:
specialops787 said:

Uh? Mario Kart Wii? Animal Crossing? Sin and Punishment 2? New Super Mario Bros Wii? Wario Land Shake It?

And if I recall correctly Punch-Out Wii isn't a re-release. Isn't the roster a mix of the SNES and NES games with 2 new characters?

Mario Kart Wii has "Wii" in the title, and both it and Animal Crossing are geared towards the casual audience... I mean, MK Wii comes with a "Wii Wheel" fer cryin' out loud!  NSMB Wii (again with "Wii" in the title lol) is the closest thing they've done to a "core" game since Brawl, but that's not out yet, and neither is S&P2 which doesn't come out until next year.

I actually forgot all about Wario Land Shake It... so let's see... so far the only "non-casual friendly" games Nintendo has released for their "core" audience post Brawl up to this point are... Wario Land Shake It... a "re-MIX" of Punchout 1 & 2 w/ motion controls, and.... oh yea, they also re-released the 3 Prime games as a package, which are anywhere from 2-7 years old, and tacked on motion controls from Prime 1+2.

That is the "love" that Nintendo has shown its "core" gamer audience over the past year and a half... a decent Wario Land game, a re-mixing of the 2 previous Punch-Out titles, and a re-packaging of the 3 Prime titles.  Boy, I sure hope Nintendo keeps them coming... since I purchased my Wii in August 2007, I'm now averaging a whopping 3 games a year for it if you don't count downloadable titles!

@ClaudeLv250... I know that NSMBWii is coming... my original post was to point out that we KNOW that Nintendo is capable of making quality updates to their classic 2-D franchises, but will they actually have the guts to go ahead and make a true DKC sequel that fans have been clamoring about for years instead of releasing yet another kart racing / rhythm game as a quick and dirty cash-in on the DK license.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
Roflinator said:
NightDragon83 said:
Roflinator said:
NightDragon83 said:
specialops787 said:

Mario Kart Wii has "Wii" in the title, and both it and Animal Crossing are geared towards the casual audience... I mean, MK Wii comes with a "Wii Wheel" fer cryin' out loud!  NSMB Wii (again with "Wii" in the title lol) is the closest thing they've done to a "core" game since Brawl, but that's not out yet, and neither is S&P2 which doesn't come out until next year.

I actually forgot all about Wario Land Shake It... so let's see... so far the only "non-casual friendly" games Nintendo has released for their "core" audience post Brawl up to this point are... Wario Land Shake It... a "re-MIX" of Punchout 1 & 2 w/ motion controls, and.... oh yea, they also re-released the 3 Prime games as a package, which are anywhere from 2-7 years old, and tacked on motion controls from Prime 1+2.

That is the "love" that Nintendo has shown its "core" gamer audience over the past year and a half... a decent Wario Land game, a re-mixing of the 2 previous Punch-Out titles, and a re-packaging of the 3 Prime titles.  Boy, I sure hope Nintendo keeps them coming... since I purchased my Wii in August 2007, I'm now averaging a whopping 3 games a year for it if you don't count downloadable titles!

@ClaudeLv250... I know that NSMBWii is coming... my original post was to point out that we KNOW that Nintendo is capable of making quality updates to their classic 2-D franchises, but will they actually have the guts to go ahead and make a true DKC sequel that fans have been clamoring about for years instead of releasing yet another kart racing / rhythm game as a quick and dirty cash-in on the DK license.

*sighs* Let me make this clear to you.

Mario Kart Wii isn't a Wii _____ title. It's a Mario Kart title for the Wii that just has the name "Wii" in it. There's a difference. It's still part of the Mario Kart franchise not the Wii ____ franchise. There's a difference. Same thing to NSMB Wii, which happens to be a casual/core game by the way.

When we're saying "Wii ______" we're referring to the Wii franchise that is made up of games like Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Music, Wii Fit, etc. However, I do agree that Nintendo's 1st party offering has been lackluster (in terms of quantity) after sometime in 2008, but the point is you seem to have implied that all Nintendo has ever done since Brawl is making those Wii _____ games when that isn't even true at all.

And seriously dude. A DKC sequel won't happen for a long time...Rare made the original DKC games and they aren't with Nintendo anymore. There's a good chance Nintendo themselves can't make a new DKC while keeping the charm the originals had.

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about... There can never be a thread in the Nintendo section without some butthurt person not even interested in the system coming in to troll. It never fails!

DaBuddahN said:
Zelda Wii :P

This.

so if something has the name of the console in the title it must be casual? i guess mario 64 and star fox 64 are casual then

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

@woopah

Yup, and that's why we call the next Zelda "Zelda Wii", because we know it will be a casual title.