By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA takes full blame for PS3 port of Bayonetta

First of all, the game is a demo, is not the full game. There's is a possibility that Sega is fixing the issues but weren't ready for the demo.

Around the Network

The game got delayed. Perhaps to give time to polish the PS3 port.

I'm not really interested in the game and won't get it for either system.

Release it on Xbox first, and then make Bayonetta Omega

edit: where you can use the Sixaxis to shake her boots.

the_bloodwalker said:
First of all, the game is a demo, is not the full game. There's is a possibility that Sega is fixing the issues but weren't ready for the demo.

You're right it is only a demo so they do have time to fix the frame rate which is my concern.

Lastgengamer said:
the_bloodwalker said:

You're right it is only a demo so they do have time to fix the frame rate which is my concern.

Since this is a demo there shouldn't be any concern. After all this isn't the final product. But if the actual game turns out the same as the demo (which I highly doubt and hope it doesn't) then we probably blame both companies for that.

Around the Network

I'm not sure, it doesn't look bad. The ps3 version will obviously outsell the 360 one so... they better make it as good as possible.

Maybe they are keeping the ps3 version secret because it is superior to the 360 version? Just a thought

Isn't the game getting released this month in Japan?  Chances are the game's not going to be any different than the demo that's been released.  Though from the hearings on the street; seems like sega managed to get the game respectable enough.  Possible they might lock the framerate before release.  And the difference in colours is the difference in how the consoles output to a T.V.  Or rather tell Gametrailers to turn superwhite on and full RGB.  But Platinum is quick to post blame to Sega so I doubt the game will be up to par for jap release.  And who knows about the rest of the game.

After further inspection of Gametrailer's comparison, mind you it was SD cause my computer sucks for HD streaming, and looking at screen comparison; looks like the game's "Graphics" are the same like shadows, lighting positions, textures, aliasing, all looked the same.  Just that Super White and Full RGB Range options looked to be off when they captured the video and maybe even when the demo was being played at TGS.  I did notice a few stutters in the PS3 version that are barely noticeable.  I guess it's possible the demo is a bit older, or even being converted on top of the game.  We'll know for sure at the end of the month.

Sounds like people are overreacting if you ask me. It is just a demo and sounds like the differences are minor at best. I don't think you have the same case here as you did with The Orange Box so people need to chill.