By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a PS3 or Wii games + PSP?

andrewpeirce said:
Rath said:
Personally I would say the games. I never saw the point in buying many systems unless you have money pouring out of your ears. It seems far better value for money to have one system and all of the good games for it rather than two systems and only some of the good games for each because you spent so much more money buying the consoles.

So you are saying it would be better to have 35 Wii and 40 DS games over, say, a Wii, a DS, a PSP, a PS3, and 8 or so great games for each?

I said unless you have money pouring out your ears, which if you can afford to get 75 games you quite clearly do.

Around the Network
Munkeh said:
CDiablo said:
I say Get Wii games now, other stuff later. I think PS3 will see another price drop or a better pack in deall/offer in the next few months. Uncharted is all hype now, wait till the verdict is in on that game. Same with Haze.

Uncharted just hype, look at this

You could look at any other recent preview, they all say its great 

To be fair... every preview for Lair talked about how awesome it was as well.  Then when the game came out it got hammered.  I'm not saying it will be bad.

However, have you ever seen a preview article that said a game was horrible?  Ever?  Preview articles are basically the way magazines make money by getting more advertising money and readers buying it.  They're always going to be positive with the big mega blockbusters even when they are going to suck.

The same thing could be said for Mario Galaxy or Mass Effect.  Even if those games were going to bomb they would get glowing preiviews... and then suddenly get hammered on the reviews.

MikeB said:
@ Kasz216

I mean, if i was just stuck with two games like Resistance or Motorstorm for more then like 3 weeks i'd go crazy. (By games like motorstorm and resitance i mean not RPGs/Strategy games, games who's playthrough times are huge.)

IMO Motorstorm and Resistance have good lastability due to good online multiplay. But if you want to have a game you can play for months every evening and you like single player action RPGs, I would recommend The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition. I must have played the original version for about 50+ hours now and still there are so many quests left to accomplish. The game is not without occasional minor bugs and some rare unforgiveable (considering the hardware) framedrops, hopefully they've further polished the GOTY edition. But the game certainly is huge and sports impressive environments to explore.

I haven't even finished Morrowind yet!  I always end up getting about a quarter of the way through then want to try out a different character build, or decide to go crazy and be an outlaw, or try some of Morrowind's downloadble mods.

Yeah the Elder Scroll games are RPG meets GTA basically (well at least Morrowind was, I have heard that Oblivion is more linear?)

I would buy a Wii now with Metroid 3, Super Mario Galxy, Z&W or other great games that are coming in the next months.
I would save the money instead of buying a PSP and then buy the PS3 in april when MGS arrives.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Munkeh said:
CDiablo said:
I say Get Wii games now, other stuff later. I think PS3 will see another price drop or a better pack in deall/offer in the next few months. Uncharted is all hype now, wait till the verdict is in on that game. Same with Haze.

Uncharted just hype, look at this

You could look at any other recent preview, they all say its great

To be fair... every preview for Lair talked about how awesome it was as well. Then when the game came out it got hammered. I'm not saying it will be bad.

However, have you ever seen a preview article that said a game was horrible? Ever? Preview articles are basically the way magazines make money by getting more advertising money and readers buying it. They're always going to be positive with the big mega blockbusters even when they are going to suck.

The same thing could be said for Mario Galaxy or Mass Effect. Even if those games were going to bomb they would get glowing preiviews... and then suddenly get hammered on the reviews.

Generally, I would agree that most of the previews are positive, but how many say that this could be the game of the year or anything as good as that. Some previews say games are average and occasionally poor, but I would agree that they are generally positve

add me