By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a PS3 or Wii games + PSP?

selnor said:
Also if you dont own 360, that'd be choice before PS3. So many games.

RRoD...

I'm buying GHIII and SMG for the Wii for sure. I'll see how much money I have left after I buy those two. If I have enough.. than it's PS3 ftw.

PS: I don't really like MGS or GT so... But I cannot wait to play LittleBigPlanet and Home. Remember that I'm a Nintendo gamer at heart so LBP is a must have!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network

Get the 80gb ps3!!

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Go with the PS3, I'm not sure what version you're looking at but the 80GB is only 500$ with MotorStorm. All the good titles are comming out really soon, so I'd get a PS3.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/ProductDetails/default.html?ILC-ffb&LCTN=LP_40GB

Go with PS3 plus RFOM and MS. You won't regret it. Just those two games will hold you off for a while, and there's a lot of nice games coming for the holidays and beyond.

PSPs are nice but you'll get more enjoyment out of a PS3. The number of "must-haves" is about the same for either system, even though PSP's been out for over 2-3 years. DS should keep you happy anyway.

Don't buy a bunch of wii games... have you read the reviews on a lot of the stuff that's out. Too much shovelware and quick cash-ins. Pick up Metroid if you don't already have it, then hold off until galaxy and SSBB. The only other games worth owning on wii are RE4 and Zelda, so if you don't have any of those I'd look into it... But I can say with confidence that PS3 is your best bet.

Androo said:
selnor said:
Also if you dont own 360, that'd be choice before PS3. So many games.

RRoD...

I'm buying GHIII and SMG for the Wii for sure. I'll see how much money I have left after I buy those two. If I have enough.. than it's PS3 ftw.

PS: I don't really like MGS or GT so... But I cannot wait to play LittleBigPlanet and Home. Remember that I'm a Nintendo gamer at heart so LBP is a must have!

Bought my Premium 360 December 2005. It's now October 2007. Play 20 - 30 hours a week and use for Dvd's.

RRoD...   LOL

Around the Network

$500 PS3/motorstorm then buy Resistance.

You could always just wait a few weeks, get the 40 GB and the games you are planning on. If you need the BC you could order a 20GB from EB right now at a low price. That would save you $100 which could get you Ratchet and a low cost Wii game like Zack and Wiki. If you have games you want to play on the PS3 then get one, or if you are more interested in Wii games get those.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Write out what games you want and a score for each.

If you're buying a PS3 for 5 games that's like $150 each, so you'd have to really want them.  Personally I'd save up the money until the PS3 is cheaper and more games come out on Wii.

Het a PSP, FFT, Jeanne d'arc, loco roco, metal gear solid portable ops, GTA, beautiful katamari, daxter, rachet and clank, harvest moon, and import tales of eternia
buy zack and wiki, Nights, SSBB, Mario Galaxy, geometry war galaxies, and soul calibur legends for wii.
that is my advice. get PS3 in 09 when there are 15-20 really good games (1/2 of which you will be able to get for cheap) and the PS3 is $200-300.

^^^^ If the PS3 is two hundred bucks in 2009, the world must be coming to an end.