By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a PS3 or Wii games + PSP?

My strong recommendation is that you're much better off just spending that money on games. You should easily be able to buy DS/Wii games to keep you occupied until next year.

Come back next year when the stable of present and future titles looks much clearer and then decide.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Personally I would say the games. I never saw the point in buying many systems unless you have money pouring out of your ears. It seems far better value for money to have one system and all of the good games for it rather than two systems and only some of the good games for each because you spent so much more money buying the consoles.

Wii games + psp.

IMO its much better to have a Wii + psp with 5-10 great games for each than having a Wii and a Ps3 and perhaps 1 great game for each.

Besides the ps3 will get more price cuts on early 08 i guess... and the huge games are still very far away.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Dear god dont get a ps3 man

I got it last november and its starting to piss me off.  All i have is motor storm (which has unforgivable physics and no one online) and Resistance Fall of Man ( which I've beaten to pulp and can't play anymore, its like when you play halo for too long). Im hoping to get Warhawk by selling some games, its actually frekin awesome.

I suggest getting Wii games + psp. PSP has alot of great games that people need to take notice of and there are gonna be some great Wii games this year.  I would hold out on getting a ps3 till next eyar when ff13 and mgs4 come out as well as dmc4 and all the other great games. 

Basically if you want to save money and get more games go with your psp/Wii decision. PS3 is not worth it this year

flamevizier_34 said:

Dear god dont get a ps3 man

I got it last november and its starting to piss me off.  All i have is motor storm (which has unforgivable physics and no one online) and Resistance Fall of Man ( which I've beaten to pulp and can't play anymore, its like when you play halo for too long). Im hoping to get Warhawk by selling some games, its actually frekin awesome.

I suggest getting Wii games + psp. PSP has alot of great games that people need to take notice of and there are gonna be some great Wii games this year.  I would hold out on getting a ps3 till next eyar when ff13 and mgs4 come out as well as dmc4 and all the other great games. 

Basically if you want to save money and get more games go with your psp/Wii decision. PS3 is not worth it this year

I doubt you even own a PS3...

First, motorstorm, why the hell does it have unforgivable physics? Actually, the game is succesful because of its physics. Resistance, well... you got a good point, but it doesnt apply to him, cause it will be new to him.

Also, you mentioned Warhawk, good, but if you actually cared about the PS3 (if you do have it) you would have bought it already, i mean, its been out for almost 2 months. It seems to me that you are complaining for no reason, if you got nothing to play, its because you didnt bother to get games, not because the games arent out.

Some games you can get this year? Heavenly Sword, Nija Gaiden Sigma, Virtua Fighter 5, Lair, Uncharted, Folklore, The Eye of Judgment, Haze, Ratchet and Clank + PSN games which can keep you entertained.

Also, you said the Wii has great games coming this year, i actually wanna know... what is so good besides mario galaxy?

Around the Network

Not actually posting my opinions as such, but just a rebuttal.

Heavenly Sword - V.short

Nija Gaiden Sigma - Port

Lair - XDDD

Uncharted - Unproven

Folklore - Average

The Eye of Judgment- Average

Haze - Unproven

Whereas the Wii

MP3: Corruption

Super Paper Mario

Super Mario Galaxy

RE4

Mario Strikers Charged

RE:UC

Zack and Wiki

Ninjabread Man

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

NiGHTS

No More Heroes

Soul Calibur Legends

Mario and Sonic @ the games

Fire Emblem

Battalion Wars II

Manhunt 2

Links Xbow Training 

Of course you can discount half my games through the same methods I used to discount yours but it does show that the Wii does have a strong lineup. It just happens to be overshadowed by SMG which I think is perhaps the single biggest release of the year (and possibly generation).

Get a second job.

fkusumot said:

Get a second job.

Are you mocking Sony or being serious p.O (monocle man!)

Rath said:

Not actually posting my opinions as such, but just a rebuttal.

Heavenly Sword - V.short

Nija Gaiden Sigma - Port

Lair - XDDD

Uncharted - Unproven

Folklore - Average

The Eye of Judgment- Average

Haze - Unproven

Whereas the Wii

MP3: Corruption - Underwhelming compared to the previous 2 of the series

Super Paper Mario - Gamecube game

Super Mario Galaxy - Another Mario

RE4 - On PS2

Mario Strikers Charged - Mediocre

RE:UC - Spinoff RE are always underwhelming

Zack and Wiki - Unproven

Ninjabread Man - What?

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - Rayman series is mediocre

NiGHTS - Sega hasn't done a good game in years

No More Heroes - Unproven, Killer 7 all over again

Soul Calibur Legends - Average

Mario and Sonic @ the games - Unproven, last Sonic sucked

Fire Emblem - Average

Battalion Wars II - Average on consoles

Manhunt 2 - on PS2

Links Xbow Training - Blah

Of course you can discount half my games through the same methods I used to discount yours but it does show that the Wii does have a strong lineup. It just happens to be overshadowed by SMG which I think is perhaps the single biggest release of the year (and possibly generation).

You're right, I can discredit it using your stealth troll methods.

Rath I love how you put Ninjabread Man on that list

Androo, wait a little longer before getting a PS3 the price might drop again before LBP comes out.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"