By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a PS3 or Wii games + PSP?

@Fila. Actually I dont think Fire Emblem is an average series, having ratings above 85%.
Many reviewers feel that MP3 was the best in the series and has a rating over 90%.
Super Mario Galaxy may be another Mario but does that make it a bad game?
You should have argued that SC:L was a spinoff, we dont know if its average yet as it hasnt been released.
Super Paper Mario is a Wii game, Im pretty damned sure.

Otherwise I pretty much agree with you. You wanted to know what games were coming to the Wii and I gave them to you, to be honest those arent my opinions on those games. I always enjoyed Ninja Gaiden and Uncharted looks very nice, to be honest I only started with Lair and kind of built up from there.

Around the Network

I'd say go to the store to buy both, and play both's demo stations... then go with the one that feels best.

Rath said:
fkusumot said:

Get a second job.

Are you mocking Sony or being serious p.O (monocle man!)

Well, it sounds like the OP is on a limited budget. Too much gaming goodness out there to be monetarily constrained.

Also, someone who calls Fire Emblem average must not really like SRPGS, or just doesn't like losing.

I mean, i'm not a big fan of the Fire Emblem series, because I perfer the games where you can train and use all your characters via side battles and also can't stand ever screwing up and losing someone but everything in them are executed quite amazingly. I still buy them.

The only problem i could see having with it is that it has "Final Fantasy" syndrome where each one is a lot like the last in both terms of story and characters.

You know there is going to be some huge war going on where you side is getting the crap kicked out of it. (Which SRPG doesn't start out like this, or... any game involved in a war?)

You know the red knight is going to be the hot head boaster, the green knight is going to be calm... etc. However even then they tend to do enough to change it up to where their personalites are fairly different despite their traditional similarities.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Rath said:

Opinion + list.

Opinion

Hardcore troll on troll action!

Around the Network

I think that getting a PS3 is the best of thouse options. If you have an HDTV you are going to love watching movies on Blu-ray. IMO Uncharted looks like it will be a contender for game of the year. I also think that SMG is going to be the best Mario game since the 64, so it is a must buy. So from what I can see the best choice is the PS3 + Uncharted + Super Mario Galaxy + whatever other games you can afford after that. I am currently doing Wii + Super Mario Galaxy + Uncharted + whatever else I can afford.

Hope I helped.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

If I had choices:

A: System

or

B: Games and a System

I would ALWAYS choose B. That's regardless of the system or the games, because I'll be able to find something that'll make me happy. For the price of just 1 console you could buy ~6 games (that can be great regardless of fanboyism) and a console.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

SeriousWB said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Rath said:

Opinion + list.

Opinion

Hardcore troll on troll action!

The fight is on!

Nah, Im not a troll, I think. Any long time users want to clarify for me? =P 

not much point buying a PS3 at the moment, get the PS3 mid 2008, and get the wii games plus PSP now

Rath said:

Not actually posting my opinions as such, but just a rebuttal.

Heavenly Sword - V.short

Nija Gaiden Sigma - Port

Lair - XDDD

Uncharted - Unproven

Folklore - Average

The Eye of Judgment- Average

Haze - Unproven

What about Ratchet and Clank: it has had two great reviews so far

Heavenly Sword is brilliant, while still lasting 6 hours, but it's so good you will either play it through again on hell mode, or simply play through some of the later levels again because they are so fun

Ninja Gaiden Sigma, is a port, but a port of a game that came out a couple of years ago, which very few people played. It's a great game, with beautiful graphics, and it is likely that he has not played it.

Lair is, well .... probably worth a rent, but there are rumours that they have delayed the European version so that they can fix the controls for it

Uncharted has had great previews, and Naughty Dog are proven developers, and all the problems that there have been are being or have been fixed, this is likely to be the greatest game of the year

Folklore, it is really a hit or miss game I would guess, IGN loved, it but many other gaming sites did not. I would advise playing the demo before buying it

The Eye of Judgement is simply a way of getting the PS Eye, with the game as a distraction mainly unless you love card games

HAZE, one again has had good previews, and is shaping up to be a really good game with 4 player co-op and 24 player online. It comes from the makers of Timesplitters, which are simply great

@ androo, you're from Malta aren't you? So you'll be looking at 60GB starter pack and I think that now is the time to buy it, as it is more of a clearance sale than anything else, so this is the best time to buy it, unless you want the 80GB or are prepared to wait for a long time

add me