By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 review - InsideSimRacing - was very impressed

Great review

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
We need to get these guys to design a review system for non sim games.

It's amazing how may reviewers like IGN, Gamespot have these pathetic systems. When ISR have a system which perfectly replicates the opinion of the reviewer. Also I like the way ISR are not scared in the slightest to not give games points where it doesn't deserve it. Multiplayer for instance got 3.5/5. Even though they said it ws the best of any sim racer. Why? Because it only had 8 cars for multi. 1.5/5 knocked off for that, they are a very good reviewer and I have extreme respect for them.

Best reviewers ever IMO. To the point, not scared to tell the truth and a points system correct for the style of the game. One points system does not fit all genres. Until IGN and the like realise this, there reviews will always be to high and completely lacking.

selnor said:
Darc Requiem said:
We need to get these guys to design a review system for non sim games.

It's amazing how may reviewers like IGN, Gamespot have these pathetic systems. When ISR have a system which perfectly replicates the opinion of the reviewer. Also I like the way ISR are not scared in the slightest to not give games points where it doesn't deserve it. Multiplayer for instance got 3.5/5. Even though they said it ws the best of any sim racer. Why? Because it only had 8 cars for multi. 1.5/5 knocked off for that, they are a very good reviewer and I have extreme respect for them.

Best reviewers ever IMO. To the point, not scared to tell the truth and a points system correct for the style of the game. One points system does not fit all genres. Until IGN and the like realise this, there reviews will always be to high and completely lacking.

EDIT: Watched the video, great explanation for every section covered, i don't think 2 whole points should've been knocked off for having 8 man mulitplayer, considering how many features, and customization there is for multi options, but overall, this is an amazing review, and these guys have definetely earned the #1 spot for racing reviews.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Why is there praise for this game? I thought it sucked...

Tease.

^

That is Squilliam attempting a manual phishing scam. If you respond you will immediately be entered into a gullable list which he intends to sell online.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network

You can tell these guys are hardcore when almost every review I read/saw spent a large amount of time talking about the ways you can VISUALLY change the look of your car using the incredibly deep system for creating custom designs, painting your cars or applying the designs and then selling stuff on your storefront. Plus stuff like photo mode and video capture. They spent exactly half a sentence mentioning that lol.....it was something like "oh yeah and you can paint your cars yadda yadda yadda...now on to the important stuff!"

I'm still looking forward to the design editor though ;)

Damn that racing set up is really awesome

Dont think it was necessary to have a pop at GT5 but I guess Forza and Turn 10 have been the ones to pony up so to speak.

Cant wait for the two Sims to go head to head.

daroamer said:
You can tell these guys are hardcore when almost every review I read/saw spent a large amount of time talking about the ways you can VISUALLY change the look of your car using the incredibly deep system for creating custom designs, painting your cars or applying the designs and then selling stuff on your storefront. Plus stuff like photo mode and video capture. They spent exactly half a sentence mentioning that lol.....it was something like "oh yeah and you can paint your cars yadda yadda yadda...now on to the important stuff!"

I'm still looking forward to the design editor though ;)

I was thinking the same thing.  This is the first real review that they talked more about the driving and customization then the car design.  They are definitely hardcore and how great would it be to have reviewers specialized like they are for other genres.  Watching this review and the Giantbomb video really makes me want this game!!  You get the full aspect of how creative you can get in design mode and how great a racing sim it is.  Now I want to see if I can build that Camaro with only $25,000 into a 10 second car. 

Aaaah ... Jessica....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.