By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 review - InsideSimRacing - was very impressed

That is truly impressive, shows just how great this game is.....and its coming out this month!! us Forza fans are lucky...

Around the Network
selnor said:
Cypher1980 said:
Dont think it was necessary to have a pop at GT5 but I guess Forza and Turn 10 have been the ones to pony up so to speak.

Cant wait for the two Sims to go head to head.

They didn't. They were being honest. They are known for no BS reviewing. GT5P scored okish for physics etc from them, but these guys play ALL sims day in day out, meaning PC sims to like Rfactor. So they know their stuff. Also they test in the best conditions for each game. They have NEVER reviewed a racing game on a gamepad EVER. There was no pop at GT5. What they are saying is GT5 has alot to do to beat FM3. ALOT. GT5P was lacking in the sim department to them and considering FM3 has the best score they have ever had including PC sims, they had every right to say GT5 has a mountain to climb not just a molehill.

Selnor they implied that Polyphony Digital delayed the game as Forza 3 has sent them running back to the dev labs with their collective tail between their legs.

I really dont understand what your above post is referencing from the video.

Awesome review and very, very detailed. This game just keeps getting better and better, cant wait.

Sounds very good. I'm still undecided if I'll buy this or GT5 as my one racing sim this gen. Obviously I want to wait till both are out.

selnor, where did you found new score for Forza 2 and GT5P on their forum? i'm interested to see detailed scores for those games and some others.

i wonder how Forza 3's score will be compared to iRacing and Live For Speed, but they will review those sims in december:/

Around the Network

that's not the best setup... where is their three TVs? J/K they only got 2 copies so they couldn't do that, but it would have been awesome... also I like how they gave MP a little low and then glowed on it for the rest of the show. These guys are hardcore fans for real

Cypher1980 said:
selnor said:
Cypher1980 said:
Dont think it was necessary to have a pop at GT5 but I guess Forza and Turn 10 have been the ones to pony up so to speak.

Cant wait for the two Sims to go head to head.

They didn't. They were being honest. They are known for no BS reviewing. GT5P scored okish for physics etc from them, but these guys play ALL sims day in day out, meaning PC sims to like Rfactor. So they know their stuff. Also they test in the best conditions for each game. They have NEVER reviewed a racing game on a gamepad EVER. There was no pop at GT5. What they are saying is GT5 has alot to do to beat FM3. ALOT. GT5P was lacking in the sim department to them and considering FM3 has the best score they have ever had including PC sims, they had every right to say GT5 has a mountain to climb not just a molehill.

Selnor they implied that Polyphony Digital delayed the game as Forza 3 has sent them running back to the dev labs with their collective tail between their legs.

I really dont understand what your above post is referencing from the video.

My god. Seriously dude. Learn about the reviewers first. This comment is 100% their way of saying Polyphony are behind. Remeber they have played GT5 behind doors as well as at TGS09. They doint beat round the bush mate. Anyone who has used their reviews knows this. Especially car fanatics and sim racers around the world. They didnt have a pop, they told everyone how it is. They hold so much respect in the sim world. Best reviewers that Ive ever seen.

On that note, please dont lose your no BS comments please ISR. Thanks great review.

physics                13/15

Wow, if they weight physics that much, Forza 3 has an excellent chance of beating out GT:5.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Wow a good score from these guys. I also like the new rating system and i wish other companies would adopt it. Very good score for a very good game

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

fantastic review, these are the best reviewers out there for racing games!