By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I believe the USED market may hurt the 360 and PS2 come the holidays

angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:

When I worked at GameStop, I made sure to sell all PS3 and 360 games used. The only games I would sell new are Nintendo games. It was easy.

Nintendo customer: "Ah, it's only five dollars more, plus you get the comfort in knowing it new and has never been played before."

HD customer: "It is basically the same thing as a new copy, it's only five dollars cheaper. Plus, if you don't like the game, you have seven days to return it!"

This is partly the reason that Wii software sells.

Why would you do that?

Because I want Nintendo to make more money than the other two companies. I want them to get credit for creating these games. I also want Nintendo to have the most million sellers out of all three companies.

So basically you want to screw half of the gaming industry, just becase you want nintendo to be #1?

It's not screwing them, just giving Nintendo a bit of an edge. Sometimes I will feel sorry for a game like Valkyria Chronicles (which I love), and I will encourage a new purchase of that game, but basically, Nintendo needs to be in charge here. They are the only true video game company, and if you ask me, it's Microsoft and Sony who are screwing the industry, not Nintendo. Nintendo are the only ones who are putting in an effort to make it better.

I find that statement incredibly ironic, but hey your opinion

mM
Around the Network
JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:

When I worked at GameStop, I made sure to sell all PS3 and 360 games used. The only games I would sell new are Nintendo games. It was easy.

Nintendo customer: "Ah, it's only five dollars more, plus you get the comfort in knowing it new and has never been played before."

HD customer: "It is basically the same thing as a new copy, it's only five dollars cheaper. Plus, if you don't like the game, you have seven days to return it!"

Why would you do that?

Because I want Nintendo to make more money than the other two companies. I want them to get credit for creating these games. I also want Nintendo to have the most million sellers out of all three companies.

So basically you want to screw half of the gaming industry, just becase you want nintendo to be #1?

It's not screwing them, just giving Nintendo a bit of an edge. Sometimes I will feel sorry for a game like Valkyria Chronicles (which I love), and I will encourage a new purchase of that game, but basically, Nintendo needs to be in charge here. They are the only true video game company, and if you ask me, it's Microsoft and Sony who are screwing the industry, not Nintendo. Nintendo are the only ones who are putting in an effort to make it better.

This is a joke right?

Nope, 100% serious here. Nintendo gave me something that no other company has, I only feel it necessary to do something in return.

I don't think most people buy used for gifts.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:

Why would you do that?

I find that statement incredibly ironic, but hey your opinion

Why because 'casuals are destroying gaming?'

There is no such thing as casual games, just casual players.

angrypoolman said:
JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:

Why would you do that?

This is a joke right?

Nope, 100% serious here. Nintendo gave me something that no other company has, I only feel it necessary to do something in return.

Wow. I actually feel bad for you. Dunno whether to believe you or not about being serious though....

Just out of curiosity what have nintendo given you? A nice big payoff?

Around the Network

Angry poolman, you make out you and everyone else at gamestop do exactly the same, when in fact there is probably a ps3 and a 360 fanboy worker who nulls out your efforts to make Nintendo money.

JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:

Why would you do that?

This is a joke right?

Wow. I actually feel bad for you. Dunno whether to believe you or not about being serious though....

I wish they would give me a payoff - I deserve it.

There is no reason for your pity, however, it gives me joy to give something back to Nintendo. Why go around giving your condescending pity to people who do things to try to make a difference that they believe in?

angrypoolman said:
JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:

Why would you do that?

This is a joke right?

There is no reason for your pity, however, it gives me joy to give something back to Nintendo. Why go around giving your condescending pity to people who do things to try to make a difference that they believe in?

Something you believe in? If it was a charity organisation I would see your point. But its a business trying to get as much profit as possible.

Seece said:
Angry poolman, you make out you and everyone else at gamestop do exactly the same, when in fact there is probably a ps3 and a 360 fanboy worker who nulls out your efforts to make Nintendo money.

Isn't this more of a reason to keep doing what I am doing?

JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:
leo-j said:
angrypoolman said:

Why would you do that?

This is a joke right?

Something you believe in? If it was a charity organisation I would see your point. But its a business trying to get as much profit as possible.

Yes, I believe Nintendo deserves to be on top. Why are you trying to downplay it by comparing it to a charity?