By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

rafichamp said:
@heruamon, and you expect the 360 to beat PS3 in... anywhere?

It hard to say at this point...but I definitely think Japan is locked in for the PS3 this holiday season, even against the Wii.  For PAL, Forza launches on the 23rd in PAL, and the 27th in NA.  Sure, Forza 2 was bundled, but it still sold 4 M copies, which is still staggering an amount and I suspect Forza is going to open very strong...maybe even close to a million (you can quote me, I don't mind being wrong)  The reviews are looking very positive for that game, and looking at the competition that week...it's pretty light to non-existent.  So, you might see a sales boost in PAL for that week, and the PS3 isn't really performing as strong in NA as I would have suspected...so I think we might see the 360 topping the PS3 san Japan.  Of course, it's about what bundle PS3 can launch in NA for the holiday season...currently, I think the Batman/Pure bundle will get alot of traffic...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

^ Forza 3 is going to sell way less systems than ODST. ODST sold an extra what, 10,000 360's?

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 is like Killzone 2 compared to Halo 3.
Both are great games, but don`t expect huge numbers from not so much popular brands.
GT5/Halo 3 are true juggernauts in terms of sales, not KZ2/F3.

No matter, how good both are, they cannot stand against brand power.

So far, i expect x360 sales to be at PS3 last year`s level sales.

this is basically the time to get a ps3

great price, excellent exclusive games, and sleek look

its bout that time to get a ps3 yall...oh btw it does ....everything

Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

AE101 said:
^ Forza 3 is going to sell way less systems than ODST. ODST sold an extra what, 10,000 360's?

Well see...it might not move anything at all...so you might be 100% right.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
star_city said:

Sony has a fine marketing department already (Well, they're getting better at least.). Just let the games and incentives sell themselves.

star_city said:

Does that mean it can play my PS2 games?

i guess all those people that said price was holding the ps3 back were right after all cause ps3 is doing incredibly well! ps3 must be smoking alot of weed cause its staying high!! should have an amazing holiday. sales probably went up because of ads and stuff and more people knowing about the new price. not everyone finds out straight away.

CGI-Quality said:
ph4nt said:
star_city said:

Does that mean it can play my PS2 games?

As a matter of fact, yes BOTH of mine do!

Mine does too

Great all-around numbers

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M