By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Go launch boosts NA PSP sales 300%!

ioi said:

Yes this is total BS I'm afraid - overall PSP sales roughly doubled from the week before. I'm sure there are 1-2 retailers that may well have seen a 300% jump but most didn't.

Also they are comparing 3 days of PSP Go+PSP sales vs 3 days last week of PSP sales which is also pretty lame.

See this is when people think I have some kind of bias against Sony - I don't - I just hate the way they totally mislead the media with these ridiculously twisted statements.

Bad journalism, bad reporting from Sony.

Lets be fair and honest. I dont think this site, with estimating 600k worldwide PS3 sales for september, the frequently HORRIBLE japan previews are in any place to be that critical about Sony sales figures released internally.

Obviously its a Press Release, we all get that, but to turn your nose up like this site is the bees knees right now at tracking and predicting Sony hardware, well, thats just laughable, imo.

Around the Network
ioi said:
Nintendogamer said:
ioi said:
Doubled in America, slightly more than doubled worldwide.

About 185,000-195,000 then?

Ahh For a minute I thought PSP sold about 90,000 last week when it was actually about 99,000, if I didn't make that mistake my guess would be close enough to 211K :D

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

ioi said:
steverhcp02 said:
ioi said:

Yes this is total BS I'm afraid - overall PSP sales roughly doubled from the week before. I'm sure there are 1-2 retailers that may well have seen a 300% jump but most didn't.

Also they are comparing 3 days of PSP Go+PSP sales vs 3 days last week of PSP sales which is also pretty lame.

See this is when people think I have some kind of bias against Sony - I don't - I just hate the way they totally mislead the media with these ridiculously twisted statements.

Lets be fair and honest. I dont think this site, with estimating 600k worldwide PS3 sales for september, the frequently HORRIBLE japan previews are in any place to be that critical about Sony sales figures released internally.

Obviously its a Press Release, we all get that, but to turn your nose up like this site is the bees knees right now at tracking and predicting Sony hardware, well, thats just laughable, imo.

Are you trying to get banned - getting dangerously close

VGChartz the dictatorship?!?!?!

ioi said:
steverhcp02 said:
ioi said:

Why should he be banned? Everything he said in the first paragraph was factual, and can be backed up using quotes and links.

As for the second P, he has a point but is obviously bitter (can't blame him) because of the aforementioned recent issues.

OMG now the question is.. DID PSP OUTSELL PS3? Only ioi can answer this!

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
OMG now the question is.. DID PSP OUTSELL PS3? Only ioi can answer this!

If he says "No" i will jizz.

Also, @ ioi... im getting a problem with the site I keep getting a message saying -

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /data/r1/ioi/vgchartz.com/ads/med_rectangle.php on line 22"

McClaren said:
This is surprising. Maybe the PSP Go will do better than everyone thought.

When you say everyone i hope you dont mean me because i have never said once it would flop and that the Go would boost sales

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

people only care about PS3 sales. Others are just irrelevant. Even Wii and 360 fanboys only care for PS3 sales. That's teh truth

steverhcp02 said:
ioi said:
steverhcp02 said:
ioi said:

VGChartz the dictatorship?!?!?!

Well first you arguing that there is no spin in press releases from PR reps.  That is an obvious logical contradiction because we always know there is spin in press releases and especially from public relations reps.  Sorry something can't both be the case and not the case at the same time in the same respect.

Second you are criticizing the site owner of what he does and his ESTIMATES (which he notes as estimates before final data comes in on sales release days) right in front of him simply because you either are too dense to notice when he states them as estimates before final data comes up or because you don't simply like what he states.  Either way you are in the wrong and being quite rude.  Show some respect and we'll show it back.

Anyone who judges the site by the Japan PREVIEWS is stupid. They are PREVIEWS, not final sales numbers. It's based on limited data so obviously it's not supposed to be entirely accurate. You are simply a plain shithead to bring criticism because of it.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.