By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Natal may cost you

Not reading this thread as it's filled with stupid stealth trolls. What I will say is that you can't think of a price based on the price of current add on's

IE $150 HD and $100 Wifi. The very fact a 360 itself cost only $50 more than a HD that must cost MS about $20 max to produce means they're only selling these add ons for so much because they can and they don't care about if they're picked up or not. They're ripping the customer off but then who the hell needs to point that out? It's pretty obvious.

I don't know how much natal will be, whether they want to loss lead or make a profit from the get go, but people using current add on prices as a bench mark .... are well way off the mark!

Around the Network

I think if they were to bundle Natal with the system they would include games that use the device.  I don't see a bundle that would include a Halo or Gears of War game.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

I think they will have two ways to get Natal...

A bundle with the console for the $399 price point they just vacated...

A bundle of Natal and a game or suite of games that really showcase the hardware....

You have to remember that Microsoft is heavily selling 3rd parties to develop for Natal. They have to give 3rd parties a value proposition to support the hardware. Obviously, from the comments that many big names have made, they feel the value proposition is there, and it will sell.

I told you fanboys that Natal would cost too much for most to want, but the fanboys shot me down. Who's right now?

Anything over $100 for this and they're toast, even with a game included.

They must have an SKU that has the 360 + Natal for no more than $299.99.

Though I suspect Microsoft already is aware of this. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Anything over $100 for this and they're toast, even with a game included.

They must have an SKU that has the 360 + Natal for no more than $299.99.

Though I suspect Microsoft already is aware of this. 

Bundled with a good game or a console, I suspect it will do better than as a standalone. Especially if the price for the stand alone is much over $100.00

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Why does this "Gamelover" spend so much time digging up dirt on things like natal?

supercat said:
I told you fanboys that Natal would cost too much for most to want, but the fanboys shot me down. Who's right now?

Erm, the price tag is not known yet. People could define 'expensive' in very different ways.

RJ@, I assume your trying to call me a fanboy but I found this at the home page of my favorit dutch gamesite and it was not posted here.. I am not a fanboy and you accusing me of being one for saying something negative about NATAL while I clearly stated I wasn't trolling, makes you an idiot

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

By Fall 2010, won't the arcade be like 150$.
If Sony's wand comes out 6 months before Natal and at a fraction of the asking price (50-70 for both the ps eye and a wand) couldn't MS's response be to just bundle Natal with the arcade for 299.99 and initially sell it at a $50 loss. Which they'd quickly make back when misinformed consumers are left with no choice but to buy a $100-200 HDD so they can have access to more XBLA games and Natal games.