By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Natal may cost you

Squilliam said:
My guess on pricing will probably be something like:

$299 slim Xbox 360 with Natal

$199 slim Xbox 360 with Natal

$80-120 natal with game.

Remember people the console hasn't dropped more than 33%. It launched at $399 and $299 and its currently at $199 and $299.

But your not really factoring in the actual cost of natal or Bach's information in intended pricing structure. Your simply going by current console prices extrapolated to the future as stand alone units.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/07/project-natal-price-to-launch-with-room-to-drop/

Just this quote alone makes me wonder. If hes saying a $50 drop from 250 to 200 for the wii isnt "noticable or substantial" This leads me ot believe Natal will cost much much more than some people are expecting.

He basically says the price model they are going for is a console price model because they havent "officially" dropped the wi fi dongle, which is $100

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessnetadapter/

The 120gb harddrive is still officially $150

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360harddrive120GB/default.htm

So if he is saying they will follow a price curve so drops are NOTICABLE it only leads me to believe the price of natal alone must be higher than $150 at launch, since hes saying the drops and price curve will reflect current products. We havent seen drops on $100 accessories from nintendo, the 120GB is STILL $150, 2.5 years later....so his quotes directly compared to their current price model leads me to believe Natal will be $200 stand alone, or else hes just talking to talk.

Im still standing pat, Natal will not be available as a unit right away to existing owners, bookmark my post, but if MSFT wants to bundle natal there is no way they can bundle it for less than $400 and sell it as a standalone based on the above quotes and proof of their pricing curve.

Around the Network

^^ The $150 HD is totally overpriced, as is the wireless dongle. Using those as metrics for pricing Natal are completely off the mark...those things aren't priced to sell, whereas Natal will be priced to sell in mass quantities...I don't forsee anymore than $149 at launch, and that price is going to be acceptable during the holiday season, but It will be reduced at/by 2011's E3.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I would say there are many whom are over thinking this.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

$80-120 natal with game.

Remember people the console hasn't dropped more than 33%. It launched at $399 and $299 and its currently at $199 and $299.

Sure, if everything that fanboy wantd to come true (slim, natal, no price hike, free dominos pizza), this would basically be it.  I think a better question would concern what would be most likely to happen?

supercat said:
Squilliam said:

$80-120 natal with game.

Sure, if everything that fanboy wantd to come true (slim, natal, no price hike, free dominos pizza), this would basically be it.  I think a better question would concern what would be most likely to happen?

Well I can count on most of those... I do have free dominos pizza coupons from the owner... and there will be no price hike and Natal will be comming out... as for the slim *shrugs*

Around the Network
Cueil said:
supercat said:
Squilliam said:

$80-120 natal with game.

Well I can count on most of those... I do have free dominos pizza coupons from the owner... and there will be no price hike and Natal will be comming out... as for the slim *shrugs*

It may as well be slim when Natal comes out, they are intending to relaunch the console after all.........

Tease.

supercat said:
Squilliam said:

$80-120 natal with game.

Well, Valhalla is definitely coming.   Whether it is 1 65nm die, 2 45 nm dies or 1 45 nm die is unknown.  Since it didn't launch this year, my money is on 1 45 nm die launching with Natal.  Obviously, we don't know what other revisions will take place when the shift to Valhalla occurs.

The thread's OP is funny "...Natal may cost you..." damn...I thought it would be given out for free...or if you bought a HDTV...or...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Here I was complaining about the price of a Wii Remote.

MS is naming the chipset valhalla? The place where warriors go when they DIE...