By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Natal may cost you

£150 no thanks

Around the Network

What Malstrom has been saying about NATAL seems to be coming true

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Talk Xbox is speculating NATAL could cost the same as the Xbox Arcade unit

http://www.talkxbox.com/article3384.html#

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Talk Xbox is speculating NATAL could cost the same as the Xbox Arcade unit

http://www.talkxbox.com/article3384.html#

Ah yes, the key words.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman, what price do YOU think it will be?

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network
gamelover2000 said:
ironman, what price do YOU think it will be?

Me??? I'm flattered that you would single me out again, do you have a crush on me? You naughty boy, I don't go that way.

Anyway, purely for speculations sake, I would have to say $120.00 bundled with a game, any more than that and I think MS will be shooting themselves in the foot...but we shall see.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Actually didn't epic say it'll be bundled with the Xbox 360?

And with a game it'll be more than $120, they're saying it'll be comparable to a console in price so $120 maybe without a game minimum, definitely over $150 if a game is bundled

A high price will doom the thing...FAST!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

The fact that MS will be so late in its lifecycle by the latter part of 2010, tells me that MS could have a hard time finding developers for the Natal project, unless they either
A. money hat profusely

or,

B. Dont really care and just want the natal thing to be just another peripheral, in which case I think that it could do this job

I don't think that Natal will be bundled .....it just doesnt seem like a good idea financially.

My guess on pricing will probably be something like:

$299 slim Xbox 360 with Natal

$199 slim Xbox 360 with Natal

$80-120 natal with game.

Remember people the console hasn't dropped more than 33%. It launched at $399 and $299 and its currently at $199 and $299.

Tease.