By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls is better then Oblivion

I have never played demons souls but i can tell you that i didnt like oblivion

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

@Serious_frusting

I don't find the game to be anything like Oblivion. Give it a rent at least.

It isn't as difficult as reviews make it seem (for me anyways), but it's fun.

I love this game so far.

Also in my opinion (People may disagree), if this game finishes with a 90 and a game like Dragon Age finishes with a 91-92, I would say the Demon's Souls score is more impressive.

It doesn't have high rate developer reputation helping it's score, as we all know it usually does, because From Software is known for a large amount of mediocre/good titles, nothing that has lasted through the years like Bioware's games.

The fact that the game was brushed aside and written off long ago, as admitted by MANY reviewers because they assumed it to end up as a bad title speaks volumes about this game's quality.

There is also a constant emphasis in reviews about the game's near infinite replay value.

Give this game a shot people before declaring that a game nobody knows anything about yet is or isn't going to end up better. Not only because it really is a good game, but because they really aren't anything like each other.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
@Serious_frusting

I don't find the game to be anything like Oblivion. Give it a rent at least.

It isn't as difficult as reviews make it seem (for me anyways), but it's fun.

I love this game so far.

Also in my opinion (People may disagree), if this game finishes with a 90 and a game like Dragon Age finishes with a 91-92, I would say the Demon's Souls score is more impressive.

It doesn't have high rate developer reputation helping it's score, as we all know it usually does, because From Software is known for a large amount of mediocre/good titles, nothing that has lasted through the years like Bioware's games.

The fact that the game was brushed aside and written off long ago, as admitted by MANY reviewers because they assumed it to end up as a bad title speaks volumes about this game's quality.

There is also a constant emphasis in reviews about the game's near infinite replay value.

Give this game a shot people before declaring that a game nobody knows anything about yet is or isn't going to end up better. Not only because it really is a good game, but because they really aren't anything like each other.

I heard what truly hurt the review scores of Demons Souls was the story board. Dragon Age will have an extremely deep story arch with various directions. The gameplay already looks great with control over four players of different  classes, the delivery and voice acting seem top notch as well. I agree that Demon Souls is probably great but I have to play it and with all the games coming out I hope to buy it soon.

Squall_Leonhart said:
How difficult is this game? Is it on par with other RPG's or would it linger into the insane difficulty of the Ninja Gaiden series? lol

Its not that difficult but require more effort and concentration. If after a long session, you are feeling tired, its best to hightail it to the nexus and quit the game(it auto saves).

What the game punishes is the casual approach. People who are used to button mashing through waves of enemy will find it tough. Not caring about one's life coz you know the last autosave has you safe and sound with all your collectibles intact, will result in little progress being made.

The melee system is quite involved and requires some skill to master, but thats what makes it so interesting.

However I wouldn't say its as tough as Ninja G coz people who are not good at melee can try ranged, magic or stealth approach or some other strategy coz this game can be played in a multitude of ways.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I heard what truly hurt the review scores of Demons Souls was the story board. Dragon Age will have an extremely deep story arch with various directions. The gameplay already looks great with control over four players of different  classes, the delivery and voice acting seem top notch as well. I agree that Demon Souls is probably great but I have to play it and with all the games coming out I hope to buy it soon.

Actually DS tells a great story. This game shows a perfect example of how a video game can tell a story.

DS tells its story through its fantastic gameplay and immersion.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
I don't enjoy very very very hard games so its a pass for me!

It depends on what kind of hard it is for me.

With something like, say, Odin Sphere where I can put it on the easiest setting and still get my ass handed to me after spending 30 minutes on a boss only to get him half way dead makes me feel like the game is being cheap and only pisses me off.

With Demon's Soul, from what I've heard, the game is incredibly hard, but it's supposed to make you feel like you did something wrong and not the game so there's the room for me to improve and that's cool.  I can only hope that's the kind of hard it really is.

why is there a comparision ? jeez.

I just wish this game comes to EU some year... -_-

don't feel like importing and playing on asia/us-servers with horrible lag.

I'm not sure you could top Fallout 3 with many things in my book... someone PM me a gameplay vid of Demon's Souls looking more awesome than F3 and I guarantee you I will buy it.

ocnkng said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Actually DS tells a great story. This game shows a perfect example of how a video game can tell a story.

DS tells its story through its fantastic gameplay and immersion.

I understand these days but telling a story through mainly though gameplay and  immersion alone can render a game generic. Thats probably why the game didn't score like 9.5 and so on and so forth. It looks like a great game at its core for sure though.