By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW2 Imagery already upsetting people.

The US couldn't possibly be attacked like that!

I will never believe it!!!

This game is blasphemy! It's only okay if we depict other countries in this kind of circumstance! Not the USA!

Around the Network
jonnhytesta said:
is not shocking the idea is stupid and makes no sense. the story probably will suck now.

It makes no sense that one of the most hated countries in the world would get attacked? I'm glad you have played the game and know the stories stupid

I hate when people judge something and talk in absolutes when they haven't even experienced what their talking about 

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I have a feeling this story will be amazing now. Showing a US in desperation war time is something not covered very much so playing in a game like this should feel new and moving.

I can't wait for this campaign now. After CoD4/5 campaigns were both really good, this one looks to be leaps better!

Mendicate Bias said:
jonnhytesta said:
is not shocking the idea is stupid and makes no sense. the story probably will suck now.

It makes no sense that one of the most hated countries in the world would get attacked? I'm glad you have played the game and know the stories stupid

I hate when people judge something and talk in absolutes when they haven't even experienced what their talking about 

you cant defeat the usa or a superpower like that. suggestions? cut their  oil suply for example. you dont need to invade washingthon dc after doing that. the nazis didnt occupy a single yard of british soil and the british empire fell anyway.sorry if you are american and this sounds too cold.

wfz said:

This game is blasphemy! It's only okay if we depict other countries in this kind of circumstance! Not the USA!

because other countries are not the greatest superpower in human history?.

Around the Network
jonnhytesta said:
wfz said:

because other countries are not the greatest superpower in human history?.

In history you say? Hmmm... if you say so. Might want to play Age of Empires...

USA greatest super power in Human history? I dont think thats correct by either quality or quantity.. US is by far no longer a superpower that is untouchable..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

jonnhytesta said:
Mendicate Bias said:
jonnhytesta said:

you cant defeat the usa or a superpower like that. suggestions? cut their  oil suply for example. you dont need to invade washingthon dc after doing that. the nazis didnt occupy a single yard of british soil and the british empire fell anyway.sorry if you are american and this sounds too cold.

On the contrary the crux of our military power lies in our ability to mobilize our army and engage in wars outside of US soil. If an enemy force was able to get past our defenses and fight us on our own soil we would have a hard time against them since we don't have the necessary infrastructure set up to fight a war at home. Also considering from the trailer that it looks like maybe Russia is involved (I really have no idea seeing as I haven't played the campaign for the first one) then it is very feasible that, given the right strategy, Russia could infiltrate American soil and start a series of intense and localized guerrilla strikes against high priority targets.

China is probably the only other country that could win a war against America but in their situation it would be the overwhelming size of their army and their differing social views. For example every American that gets killed in the war brings very bad publicity for the United States as it is shown in the media and dissent towards the war grows. China does not have this problem due to complete media control and a few other social factors and so they could trade 10 of their soldiers for every one of ours and still win a war against us. Exactly how the North beat the South in the American Civil War.

So I dunno it sounds feasible to me.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I wonder how people like fallout series. (This also means Canada is safe! YAY!)

These guys never seen independence day ?

Check out my game about moles ^