By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW2 Imagery already upsetting people.

Fundies are awesome.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network
Staude said:
These guys never seen independence day ?

independence days makes more sense than this.

jonnhytesta said:
Staude said:

independence days makes more sense than this.

stop whining about it.

Game story finally sounds interesting to some point.

Also you should have campaign as the bad guys in cod games. Though that's unlikely to happen.

Check out my game about moles ^

It's Destructoid. The fools are just trolling for hits. They did the same with my article - and they are doing this. So what.

OT: I have a game, Secret Service, that is set in Washington and you have shootouts in the House of Rep., I think. I loved it. It was also made by Activision. Awesome game.

Mendicate Bias said:
jonnhytesta said:
Mendicate Bias said:
jonnhytesta said:
is not shocking the idea is stupid and makes no sense. the story probably will suck now.

It makes no sense that one of the most hated countries in the world would get attacked? I'm glad you have played the game and know the stories stupid

I hate when people judge something and talk in absolutes when they haven't even experienced what their talking about 

you cant defeat the usa or a superpower like that. suggestions? cut their  oil suply for example. you dont need to invade washingthon dc after doing that. the nazis didnt occupy a single yard of british soil and the british empire fell anyway.sorry if you are american and this sounds too cold.

1-On the contrary the crux of our military power lies in our ability to mobilize our army and engage in wars outside of US soil. If an enemy force was able to get past our defenses and fight us on our own soil we would have a hard time against them since we don't have the necessary infrastructure set up to fight a war at home. 2- Also considering from the trailer that it looks like maybe Russia is involved (I really have no idea seeing as I haven't played the campaign for the first one) then it is very feasible that, given the right strategy, Russia could infiltrate American soil and start a series of intense and localized guerrilla strikes against high priority targets.

China is probably the only other country that could win a war against America but in their situation it would be the overwhelming size of their army and their differing social views. For example 3-every American that gets killed in the war brings very bad publicity for the United States as it is shown in the media and dissent towards the war grows. China does not have this problem due to complete media control and a few other social factors and so they could trade 10 of their soldiers for every one of ours and still win a war against us. Exactly how the North beat the South in the American Civil War.

So I dunno it sounds feasible to me.

1- nope. thats the reason why the need to defeat you outside of us oil first.

2-russia cant do that. they have too many problems:demographics, economics, etc.

3-if you are fighting for your homeland,  you dont have that problem anymore. cnn, fox, etc. need their buldings hand  people need their houses and jobs and their democracys.

Around the Network

Bring in the Anti-American comments! Oh wait there already here....

OT- What makes 9/11 so special? Does anyone remember the Holocaust? Sure you didnt see it in game,but you were fighting the Nazi's who were connected to it, same thing here right?

twesterm said:
Meh, people that 9/11 in no way at all affected their lives still flip out at stupid things (remember the shit storm people tried to raise about The Two Towers?) and just completely overreact because they think it's what they're supposed to do.

Best to ignore those people because they aren't based in reality anyways.

JRR Tolkein went forward in time 50 years before he wrote his book? Lol

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

jonnhytesta said:
wfz said:
The US couldn't possibly be attacked like that!

I will never believe it!!!

This game is blasphemy! It's only okay if we depict other countries in this kind of circumstance! Not the USA!

because other countries are not the greatest superpower in human history?.

The Roman empire says hi !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Staude said:

lol my thoughts exactly... but i guess cause its aliens its ok.  Anybody upset about this is lame and must be an american with too much pride.  We can make games about violence in other countries but not acceptable if its on US soil?

Ail said:
jonnhytesta said:
wfz said:
The US couldn't possibly be attacked like that!

I will never believe it!!!

This game is blasphemy! It's only okay if we depict other countries in this kind of circumstance! Not the USA!

because other countries are not the greatest superpower in human history?.

The Roman empire says hi !

Gengis khan says hello aned the british empire holla at you nigga

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.