By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OK guys, real help needed. What PS3 exclusives?

Scoobes said:
Resistance 1 & 2 (The co-op in 2 is particularly good)

This.

I don't understand the hate for Resistance 2 from some of the posters. 8 player co-op is worth the price alone.
I played it dang near every day for, like, 6 months. Got kinda old so I took about 2 months off. Well guess what - back to playing it every day again.
You can find it for sale on Ebay for less than 30 bucks new / 15-20 used. Well worth it.

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

Around the Network

Hey, Selnor. These are the games I currently have from the PS exclusive list. Some are good, some aren't.

BD GAMES

Disgaea 3: Awesome game if you can get past the PS2-era graphics. Seriously, it eats your life. Trophy patch hasn't arrived in the EU yet.

The Eye of Judgement: Fun game if you like CCGs, less so if you dn't. Contrary to some claims, it's not a first move wins game; it's surprisingly better balanced than that. Trophies only available if you buy ne of the expansions, which is the crappest move I've ever seen by any trophy patch (it's the only game that does it). Still, the trophies are very easy to accumulate.

Everybody's Golf: World Tour: Awesome game on almost all levels, and I don't like golf. However, the lack of trophies for it is a mystery none will solve, and a turn-off for many.

GT5:P: Wait for GT5, assuming it reviews well. Really, it's a fun wee game (and very cheap), but it lacks many features. No trophies.

Haze: Don't waste your life. The multi-player may have some fun aspects, but there aren't even trophies to keep you playing longer than the sole hour you'd put into it.

Heavenly Sword: Worth experiencing once, as the mo-cap is probably the best this gen so far, and the voice acting is little less than excellent. The game itself is pretty generic, but has some very good moments (the terribly named twing-twang stood out for me on the later uses of it), and it's short enough that the lack of trophies isn't missed.

InFamous: I bloody loved this (indeed, I Platinumed it, which is very rare for me). It's a bit corny, and the powers are a touch samey, but the plot drags you through and the gameplay is spot-on. Lots of fun to be had here.

Killzone 2: Pretty game, very atmospheric, but a little generic. It's very solid, and the multi-player is very good, but it's a touch soulless. FPS fans can't afford to miss it, everyone else will find other games will suit them better. Trophies are fun to collect, I found.

LittleBigPlanet: Fun game, although somewhat over-rated I thought; until I played multi-player, then the joy really kicked in. Lots of good stuff, and some great trophies to chase.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Game of the generation for me so far. What it does wrong is completely out-weighed by what it does right. I was blown away from act 3 onwards. That said, I know all the MGS games, and that helps. No trophies was my only let-down. MGO is a fun, and somewhat different multi-player game, but is a nightmare to get into because Konami were arses and demanded people sign up for stupid Konami IDs as well as the PSN ID. Waste of my life.

Motorstorm: Don't bother. No trophies, and it's a slow-loader, although a fun wee racer at points. Completely outclassed by the sequel.

Motorstorm: Pacific Ridge: Marvellous wee racer that's been over-looked by many. 4-player local play and online awesomeness joins a fully featured single-player game. Worth every penny for me. Trophies are a good challenge, and fun to collect.

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction: Very good platformer let down by the lack of trophies and being basically the same game as every other R&C, which isn't really a bad thing.

Ratchet & Clank: A Quest for Booty: Extra gameplay if you complete R&C:ToD, I wouldn't bother otherwise. It does have some fun pirate themed levels, but is ultimately very short lived (but very cheap). Again, no trophies.

Resistance: Fall of Man: A launch game, and it shows. Fun, kinda retro FPS that I really enjoyed. The multi-player is smooth as butter even when 40 men hectically fill the screen. Again no trophies.

Resistance 2: Looks a tad dated, and I can't say I enjoyed the single-player as much as Resistance 1. However, the multi-player is really good.

SingStar: A gazillion cheap disks that are worth every penny if you like SingStar. The community features are good, and it's endlessly amusing with friends (or watching lunatics across the planet post some truly awesome videos of themselves -- you can even see me up there warbling badly with my kids). Many Trophies are really tough.

Siren: Blood Curse: Genuinely freakly, but stilted by its epidisodic nature. If you liked Forbidden Siren, buy it in a shot; otherwise only buy it if you're a survival horror fans.

Uncharted: Awesome Tomb Raider clone that has a genuinely good story, very good voice acting, and very solid gameplay. The trophies are fun, and challenging enough to keep you working. Recommended.

Valkyria Chronicles: Very good SJRP that's a must buy if you like such games. However, it's lack of trophy support (which is rumoured will be resolved soonish -- I'll believe it when I see it), and its spikes in difficulty put many off.

I'll do a PSN post later. Hope this is useful.

linlhutz said:
Scoobes said:
Resistance 1 & 2 (The co-op in 2 is particularly good)

This.

I don't understand the hate for Resistance 2 from some of the posters. 8 player co-op is worth the price alone.
I played it dang near every day for, like, 6 months. Got kinda old so I took about 2 months off. Well guess what - back to playing it every day again.
You can find it for sale on Ebay for less than 30 bucks new / 15-20 used. Well worth it.

Agreed.  I've put more hours into R2 than any other game this gen (played through the campaign four consecutive times) and it's one of the only PS3 games that I actually feel like the $60 was worth it.  I couldn't even force myself to finish KZ2, on the other hand.

It's all about the game.

Is R2 split screen?

letsdance said:
Is R2 split screen?

The coop mode is, you can't play coop through the storyline though. It has a special 8-player coop multiplayer, where you can have two player splitscreen.

Around the Network

Whatever u pick inFamous gotta be 1 of them.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - 8.5
Great, but probably not worth it unless you can't wait anymore for GT5.

Haze - haven't played it enough to give a fair score. First impression: not good...
Bought it only because of splitscreen co-op. Only played the first level so far with a friend. He couldn't handle the suckyness

inFamous - 8.6
One of the best sandbox games available. Better than Prototype IMO, but "worse" than Saints Row 2, Crackdown & GTA4.

Killzone 2 - 8.1
Very dissapointed :( Online is pretty good, but singleplayer in uninspiring.

LittleBigPlanet - 8.4

Good, but almost not worth it when you don't play it online or local multiplayer. Not enough really good levels and sometimes frustrating controls due to the bad jumping mechanics.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 9.0
Really awesome. I especially liked the long cutscenes. Gameplay is okay though I expected a bit more.

Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction - 8.7
Great platformer which lasts several hours. Large selection of weapons, which keeps the game fresh.

Resistance: Fall of Man - 8.5
Above average shooter with splitscreen co-op. Also tons of weapons and a long story.

Resistance 2 - 9.4
My favourite PS3 game. Absolutely awesome graphics, controls, online etc.
Many different locations give this game a higher replayability than RFOM. The splitscreen story co-op is gone though :(

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 8.9
Really good platformer/3rd person shooter hybrid. Better than all Tomb Raider games. Unfortunately short, which wouldn't be so bad if it had multiplayer...

Valkyria Chronicles - 9.2
Must have. Best SRPG available on current gen consoles. ~30-40 hours to finish the campaign and every battle is a new and great experience.

outlawauron said:
twesterm said:
fjburgos said:
kitler53 said:
selnor said:
This is good guys. Most of these games I have heard about. Definately will be buying ( if I dont like I can trade it. :) )

Any obscure titles? Titles not normally talked about?

what?!? a ps3 exclusive us ps3 fans haven't talked up?? you're not going to find one. xD

Easy folklore that game is great, and almost all of ps3 owner do not even know that game exists, that game is great with a very exellent final. about 90 percent of ps3 owners hasn't play it.

Eh, I think a lot of people have played the demo but most didn't go much further than that because it wasn't that great of a game.  It's not it's a bad game, it's just nothing special and that's why it usually isn't talked about.

It's not good enough for people to hype beyond belief and it's not bad enough for people to constantly mock.  It's just there.  I would say try the demo first.

I'd disagree. The game was brilliant.

One of the few games that uses the Sixaxis well and it also has a very deep, involving story.

I actually do agree with that, it's one of very few games that managed to actually use SIXAXIS controls well (I actually can't think of any others off the top of my head).

twesterm said:
outlawauron said:
twesterm said:
fjburgos said:
kitler53 said:
selnor said:
This is good guys. Most of these games I have heard about. Definately will be buying ( if I dont like I can trade it. :) )

Any obscure titles? Titles not normally talked about?

what?!? a ps3 exclusive us ps3 fans haven't talked up?? you're not going to find one. xD

Easy folklore that game is great, and almost all of ps3 owner do not even know that game exists, that game is great with a very exellent final. about 90 percent of ps3 owners hasn't play it.

Eh, I think a lot of people have played the demo but most didn't go much further than that because it wasn't that great of a game.  It's not it's a bad game, it's just nothing special and that's why it usually isn't talked about.

It's not good enough for people to hype beyond belief and it's not bad enough for people to constantly mock.  It's just there.  I would say try the demo first.

I'd disagree. The game was brilliant.

One of the few games that uses the Sixaxis well and it also has a very deep, involving story.

I actually do agree with that, it's one of very few games that managed to actually use SIXAXIS controls well (I actually can't think of any others off the top of my head).

It was definitely creative and lots of fun. In some ways, the bosses were kinda like Ghostbusters if you think about it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I would say buy:

Uncharted 1&2--some of the most fun I've had playing games this gen[and I've only played U2's multiplayer, lol]

LBP--very fun if you can get over some goofy["realistic"] platforming controls and have fun friends to play with

MGS4--you already plan to buy this so no explanation needed

Ratchet and Clank--I've never played any of these games, but the footage for the newest one makes me all giddy inside

And that's all I've got. I haven't played too many PS3 exclusives[I'm a 16 year old, working a weekend job.. not too much money to spare], so others probably have a better list.