By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is epic micky going tol blow? u_u

I'm not sure this thread should even exist, but I'll put in my two cents anyway. I'm not really crazy about the zombie Disney character direction the game seems to be going in (why must everything in video games be aimed at making hardcore gamers feel cool and mature?) but it'll probably be a decent game.
As for sales, I think the decision to go all "hardcore" will cost it, but assuming it turns out to be good, it will still do better than the average third party game. Maybe 1-2 mil.

Around the Network

When did Deca Sports become shovelware? When it sold a lot?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

dtewi said:
davidd_err18 said:

now that Epick Mickey is officialy announce as a Wii exclusive... i just have a bad feeling about this one

it has a great concept Disney going really dark with great a la zombie artwork, really gothic and creepy that make me smile everytime i see it :D, but i just dont see it matching my hype for what i hope for the game, im expectin a Kingdom hearts feel to it with a similar gameplay but with creepy scary badass zombie mickey XD and all the disney caracther actually becoming "cool", but i just think is gonna be a Drawn to life meets Micke Mouse + Tim burton. mmmm im expecting something like 6/10 reviews for some reason :P, 4 to 5 hours lenght, and sales bellow 200k, i hope im wrong tough

I'm sorry you had to endure that, eyes.

HAHAHA - win

epic mickey... epic fail, i think one of the problems i have with this game is that the first thing that they do is putting EPIC in the title, it just an ammount of hype that will never match the end result... anyways go mickey! XD

davidd_err18 said:
epic mickey... epic fail, i think one of the problems i have with this game is that the first thing that they do is putting EPIC in the title, it just an ammount of hype that will never match the end result... anyways go mickey! XD

Epic is a story centered on a heroic character who pass a series of exceptional events. Good lord, what Internet has done to our beloved english.

Around the Network

Why make a thread about a game that we know nothing about and say it's going to suck? The last Mickey game I played (Castle of Illusion) was pretty damn entertaining so I have high hopes for Epic Mickey.

Okay, let's look at this objectively. This thread is so stupid it has spurred me out of my VGchartz-debating semi-retirement.

1)It is starring Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse. Who the hell does not like Mickey Mouse? And you say it won't sell?

2)It is steampunk themed. A game about managing a retirement home could be bad ass if it was steampunk themed. And this is a Disney steampunk game. The mere stringing of those two words together already carries more atmospheric weight than most games do in their entirety.

3)Warren Spector. Warren Fucking Spector. Yeah, the guy who made Deus Ex.

4)Holy shit have you seen the concept art???

All of this stupidity further compounded by the fact that we know virtually nothing about the game. It takes a hell of a lot to actually get me even slightly excited for an upcoming game--very few massively hyped games deserve a fraction of the attention they receive. And yet this game has me excited, literally fucking excited, like the same way I felt going to the store to buy that new game I'd been saving for as a kid, with some concept art and and a name.

God damn. If you are not at least casually optimistic about this, you have no soul. And if you don't think it will sell very, very well, than you're just an idiot.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

puffy said:
Wall-e isn't that great, I preferred Up myself..

Actually, I did like Up a lot, since Carl is pure awesome. Unfortunately, the damn kid (Russell) ruined the movie for me. I just couldn't get myself to like him, then when he finally disses Carl (around the 3/4 mark), I just absolutely hated him. I'll watch it again and hopefully I'd change my opinion, but otherwise, it's hard to fully appreciate a movie when you dislike a main protagonist.

As for WALL-E, yeah. Not going to go into why, but it really is one of my favorite movies ever. Pixar is amazing.

Damn, I feel like I rarely ever post on topic. I'll just respond to whoever said "going hardcore" will cost this game in sales - I personally don't think so. While it's true that a "lighter" game in general is accessible to more people, this game in particular (Epic Mickey) is being made by Warren Spector. Looking at his game history, I doubt this game is really going to target the "mommy's," if you know what I mean.

@blaydcor: the thread are suposed to be to mmmmm i dont know TALK and DISCUSS, to see other people points of view about the same subjects and having a good and proactive discussion.
i have a point of view about 1 thing, u have anotherone so lets compare what we all think about it. share, discuss, compare...
and is good that it made u spurred out of ur semiretirment, see what u did? u discussed, u write what u think about it, another person will read it and he/she will write what he feel and the talk will continue, this is what threads are for right?
mmmm and i think it will sell, just not THAT much.

@NightStalker: sorry not a native speaker , but im learnig

blaydcor said:
Okay, let's look at this objectively. This thread is so stupid it has spurred me out of my VGchartz-debating semi-retirement.

1)It is starring Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse. Who the hell does not like Mickey Mouse? And you say it won't sell?

2)It is steampunk themed. A game about managing a retirement home could be bad ass if it was steampunk themed. And this is a Disney steampunk game. The mere stringing of those two words together already carries more atmospheric weight than most games do in their entirety.

3)Warren Spector. Warren Fucking Spector. Yeah, the guy who made Deus Ex.

4)Holy shit have you seen the concept art???

All of this stupidity further compounded by the fact that we know virtually nothing about the game. It takes a hell of a lot to actually get me even slightly excited for an upcoming game--very few massively hyped games deserve a fraction of the attention they receive. And yet this game has me excited, literally fucking excited, like the same way I felt going to the store to buy that new game I'd been saving for as a kid, with some concept art and and a name.

God damn. If you are not at least casually optimistic about this, you have no soul. And if you don't think it will sell very, very well, than you're just an idiot.

but... but... but it's on the Wii

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342