By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia or Star Ocean

pbroy said:

Tales of Vesperia (AWESOMENESS)
Lost Odyssey (Solid, can't go wrong)
Star Ocean (Fun, Japanese humor included. Disc Swapping is a bitch, if you want to do backtracking)
Eternal Sonata (Nice artwork, average)
Infinite Undiscovery (Average)
Blue Dragon (So so, ok)
Last Remnant (Enemies level with you. Most likely you'll end up frustrated)

Totally agree with this man, beside infinite undiscovery being average...(I think negative of it)

Tales of Vesperia!

Around the Network

Well, I agree with pretty much what Montana said.

... But you mentioned The Last Remnant. If I were you, I'd try to get it on PC. They removed the Team Level cap from the 360 version so it doesn't matter that much if the enemies level with you. The game is challenging, but really fun because of this. Also, most of the technical issues have been fixed. It helps if you have a good PC too (60 fps for the win!).

Also, best music in an RPG I've heard in a long time. Try to rent it if you can for the 360, but if you must buy it then the PC version is your best bet!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

pbroy said:

Tales of Vesperia (AWESOMENESS)
Lost Odyssey (Solid, can't go wrong)
Star Ocean (Fun, Japanese humor included. Disc Swapping is a bitch, if you want to do backtracking)
Eternal Sonata (Nice artwork, average)
Infinite Undiscovery (Average)
Blue Dragon (So so, ok)
Last Remnant (Enemies level with you. Most likely you'll end up frustrated)

wow... this pretty much, except Vesperia i really hated that game.

More:

Spectral Force 3 (Pretty Good if you ask me. I like SRPGs. Voice acting will make you want to slap somebody though)
Phantasy Star Universe (Action RPG. Good single player, better online. Big disappointment if you ever played Phantasy Star Online. Gameplay went out of whack compared to PSO. If you haven't played PSO, you'll probably like it)
Rise of the Argonauts (Action RPG. OK, if you have nothing better to do)

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Thanks a lot guys i think i'm going with LO but may buy Tales too since they are cheap.
@SHMUPGurus
are the system requirements too high?

EDIT: nevermind SHMUPGurus i'll look it myself ;)

Around the Network

I know you said that I don't have to check for the requirements, but let me just tell you that it was the first game that I could play on a 1440x900 resolution at High settings even since I got my one year old gaming laptop, and the game is not that bad looking either.

This and most of Capcom's games run really well. It's greatly optimized methinks!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

pbroy said:
More:

Spectral Force 3 (Pretty Good if you ask me. I like SRPGs. Voice acting will make you want to slap somebody though)
Phantasy Star Universe (Action RPG. Good single player, better online. Big disappointment if you ever played Phantasy Star Online. Gameplay went out of whack compared to PSO. If you haven't played PSO, you'll probably like it)
Rise of the Argonauts (Action RPG. OK, if you have nothing better to do)

The thing is, Phantasy Star Universe sucks on the 360 because it still has those PS2-like graphics, i never played PSO myself only heard of it, but don't get me wrong i did somewhat enojy PSU (the original) but i heard the 360 version really did get the short end of the stick due to PS2's limited graphics prowess.

Vesperia easily.

This coming from someone who has pretty much every JRPG of worth on the 360.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Go with Lost Odyssey, I enjoyed it, but then got stuck on one part and just about beat my controller into the ground. It was at that point I decided I'd better come back to it later.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I can't speak for Tales, but I though Star Ocean 4 mostly sucked. Lost Odyssey rules. I'm still only on disc 3, but it's a must-buy if you like classic turn based RPGs.