star ocean : the last hope
tales of vesperia
blue dragon
the last remnant
enchanted arms
phantasy star universe
magna carta 2 ( comes out on tuesday )
final fantasy 11 :online

for me lost odyssey is my favorite rpg of all time, love the story,the dreams are very well written,battle system is old school with a slight upgraded change, extras are nice, get all the dlc content,also download the tv trailer for lost odyssey ( has for me the best song used in a trailer for a game and also fits the game perfectly ).

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@monatana

thats a rather arrogant statement.... I could say that it started declining when they moved towards the gameplay you prefer...

What's the type of gameplay I prefer? The one that innovates and tries new things instead of relying on tired battle systems from decades ago? Innovation is key in a genre, LO goes against that.

Get Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean was for me a letdown. ToV is awesome as well but LO is in my opinion the best jrpg on the 360!!!!

MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
@monatana

thats a rather arrogant statement.... I could say that it started declining when they moved towards the gameplay you prefer...

What's the type of gameplay I prefer? The one that innovates and tries new things instead of relying on tired battle systems from decades ago? Innovation is key in a genre, LO goes against that.

And yet it's the one of the best selling console JRPGs this gen. I don't see what's wrong with being inspired by the past, which this game does very well.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
@monatana

And yet it's the one of the best selling console JRPGs this gen. I don't see what's wrong with being inspired by the past, which this game does very well.

Not much of an accomplishment. And there's a difference between being inspired by past games and being boring. No More Heroes (just as an example) is a game that's inspired heavily by older games, and yet still manages to be fun. Lost Odyssey has a battle system that is just so incredibly monotonous and boring. Gameplay over graphics and storyline any day for me.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
themanwithnoname said:
MontanaHatchet said:
kowenicki said:
@monatana

Not much of an accomplishment. And there's a difference between being inspired by past games and being boring. No More Heroes (just as an example) is a game that's inspired heavily by older games, and yet still manages to be fun. Lost Odyssey has a battle system that is just so incredibly monotonous and boring. Gameplay over graphics and storyline any day for me.

Many people (myself included) disagree with you about that.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

vesperia for me LO was boring as hell i gave up on the last disc it the only rpg i couldnt go on and star ocean i bought it and never touch it because im busy with diablo 2

owner of ps3,xbox360,pc,mac,wii,ds,psp

03 honda cbr600rr

98 db8 integra sir-g

ToV IMO is the best one out of the three. Gameplay is solid and challenging, the story is well told through really good voice acting and evens out the dull parts with great humor, plus there's a good number of characters you meet along your journey that in their own little way bring you into this fascinating and fantastic world of Terca Lumireis.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

I'd say forget star ocean.
Tales of Vesperia has cute avatars and a pretty good battle system
Lost Odyssey wins in the story department.

Personally, I'd say LO

Lost Odyssey is the best JRPG this gen so far.

ToV is a relatively close second but if I had to choose it would be LO all the way.

I also enjoyed SO4 a lot, mostly due to the battle system which was outstanding.