By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSPgo nudges hardware up 120 per cent

thats nice.. I suspect japan sales will be crazy

mM
Around the Network

virtual boy says hello :)

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

huaxiong90 said:
So much for a "flop".

Yeah 6K sales are really amazing...oh wait, they're not

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

It's flopped hard imo, only a 6000 units boost first week isn't good enough for the dying psp in UK, especially when compare to the sales of DSi.

Dear lord people...

How come when the 360 gets 8k in Japan its "OMG WTF 360 DID AWESOME!"

but when the go does 11k in UK its "OMG WTF GO IS FLOP!"

Around the Network
psrock said:

People associate PSP as a failure all the time, it's just amazing. The thing is, it brings in more mony to Sony than the PS3 does. It has sold over 50 million. The only thing that has hurt the PSP is the same thing people bitch about, UMD. People simply don't buy games for it. Most people I know hack the damn thing to play Nintendo games. The Go was needed finaciallly for the company and I am all for it.

Well yes, the PSP actually brings in money for Sony rather than bleeding it. In my opinion the PSP is indeed a success - especially in hardware sales. In software sales it always has struggled, though the situation is improving. The reason why people think failure is because for a while it seemed destined to knock Nintendo from leading the handheld market and then fell far short of that goal, people just haven't looked at how huge that goal is.

lol people are still broke from that PS3 slim they just bought it seems.
Not enough consumer wallet recovery time perhaps?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

letsdance said:
Dear lord people...

How come when the 360 gets 8k in Japan its "OMG WTF 360 DID AWESOME!"

but when the go does 11k in UK its "OMG WTF GO IS FLOP!"

Because the UK market is not as anti foreign company as Japan's?

Aren't ipods and iphones very popular in Japan? If MS gave the Japanese people something they wanted they wouldn't have a problem buying it.

^^
And Macs are popular too, and they already were long before iPod.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!