By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3: What's on disc 2 (104 cars, 29 tracks)

Slimebeast said:
MAFKKA said:
ironman said:
MAFKKA said:
Such a stupid thing to do.

"Dear Arcade owners, here's half a game. And oh, if you have a Silver account you'll miss out on the MP part aswell. Oh yeah, that'll be 60$"

Actually, it was pretty smart. Most people who buy this game will A. have a hard drive, or B. buy one. Also, as I said before three tracks and a bunch of cars that are not as good as the ones on the main disc, those few without a memory card or HD will not be missing much.

But thats what im saying..

What makes it okay for them to decide that some people wont have the posibility to enjoy the full game? Its not like they will get any money from people buying MS HDDs. And why would it be okay just because they wont "be missing much", they're still missing out.

If your making a game for a console, why would it be okay to force people to buy add on just so they can enjoy the full game.

Its like if Valve would require a mandatory install for all the new weapons and zombies for L4D2. It wont change the game drasticly, its the same concept, just with less content. Or if Bungie developed ODST and said "There's a mandatory install for Firefight and the 3 new maps. You wont be missing much, its just a 3 maps and 1 game mode." Why would that be smart? Or okay?

Why are you bashing? What do you think they should have done?

Don't you believe they honestly tried to choose the best solution?

i think career disk and racade disk would have worked better.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
ironman said:
Skeeuk said:
ironman said:
MAFKKA said:

"Dear Arcade owners, here's half a game. And oh, if you have a Silver account you'll miss out on the MP part aswell. Oh yeah, that'll be 60$"

Actually, it was pretty smart. Most people who buy this game will A. have a hard drive, or B. buy one. Also, as I said before three tracks and a bunch of cars that are not as good as the ones on the main disc, those few without a memory card or HD will not be missing much.

its actually 29 tracks based on 3 locations.

for all intents and purposes, it's still the same track, they just have slight variations between them so the extra 26 "tracks" will not take up much room. I suspect the cars are what are the memory hoggs.

its 730meg for the tracks.

the cars are less space but both car packs combined are more than the track pack.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Slimebeast said:
MAFKKA said:
ironman said:
MAFKKA said:

But thats what im saying..

What makes it okay for them to decide that some people wont have the posibility to enjoy the full game? Its not like they will get any money from people buying MS HDDs. And why would it be okay just because they wont "be missing much", they're still missing out.

If your making a game for a console, why would it be okay to force people to buy add on just so they can enjoy the full game.

Its like if Valve would require a mandatory install for all the new weapons and zombies for L4D2. It wont change the game drasticly, its the same concept, just with less content. Or if Bungie developed ODST and said "There's a mandatory install for Firefight and the 3 new maps. You wont be missing much, its just a 3 maps and 1 game mode." Why would that be smart? Or okay?

Why are you bashing? What do you think they should have done?

Don't you believe they honestly tried to choose the best solution?

i believe the best solution would have been to put the actual game engine on both disks, together with all tracks and half of the cars. that way you could just swap the disks and play whatever car you would want to.

But of course, that would only be the best solution for the Gamers.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

ironman said:
dsister44 said:
Calm down ironman.
Don't want to get banned again

I could not get banned for that.

EDIT: Not rationaly and objectively anyway (had make that disclamer because I know a certain mod who would love to prove me wrong...but then, if said mod actually read what he banned people for, I don't think his banhammer would fall quite so often.)

not to many rational bans have I seen lately

slowmo said:
dsister44 said:
@Slowmo

What is wrong with this thread? It is the posters in it. If you don't report peolple than it is hard for the mods to ban them

Though if Mafka doesn't get banned I will be pissed

Maffka made 2 posts in this thread without adding anything constructive other than to basically bait people to quote him.  Double posting without adding to the discussion should be warning material anyway as it is in any other civilized forum.  Yet again its no surprise we have a Forza thread once again taken completely off topic by people with no intention to buy the game, they really don't have any interest other than to cause problems.  Once again the pro Sony biased moderators will stand back and do absolutely nothing as they always do. 

Maybe it's just my problem but I'm sick to death of pro Sony posters blatantly trolling any and every thread in the Microsoft forum never adding anything even remotely constructive to discussions.  If the goal of the moderation team is to run the Microsoft forum into the ground then they're doing an outstanding job.  For the record I've reported blatant trolling on numerous occasions and nothing gets done, ever.  I myself called somebody a douche recently and was instantly banned for 3 days despite not having any misdemeanour to my name for over 6 months.  Perhaps I deserved it for flaming the guy but given the post I quoted had baited the response and the other user walked free is telling.  Tell me again why it's worth my time reporting anyone if nothing ever gets done, perhaps having some moderators who actually read the Microsoft board would be a start to improving the situation.

On topic I think the thread is fine as it adds new information we hadn't got before although perhaps it could have been put in the official thread rather than here.  I singled out Maffka in particular but he isn't the only problem poster imo.

So here is the confusion I believe. For me, I dont go into the M$ forum, Wii forum or Sony Forum. I look at the main page and click on articles that interest me. Those happen to be topics about all consoles. When I feel the need to express an opinion I do so regardless of where the post may have originated from. No "trolling" on my part and probably a lot of other peoples as well.

Around the Network
ironman said:
darendt said:
ironman said:
darendt said:
Wow, just Wow!! This thread is comical to say the least. 360 owners and there skewed view of the world. "Its ok that there are two discs, the second one isn't really needed anyway" "Arcade owners should already have a HDD, its there fault they will miss out on part of there $60 purchase"

This is complete BS, as are the idiotic installs required by crap companies like capcom for the PS3. SF needs an install to slow load times yet Uncharted 1 and 2 do not? Where are all the people that were saying a racing game will never take up 2 discs? I think this says a lot for whats to come on the 360. FF should be interesting to say the least.

Troll much? I fail to see where anybody posted that Arcade users should already have a HD or that it is their fault they will miss out of content (although, that is true, they chose not to buy a HD, however, if they have a memory card, they can install bits of the content to it. I fail to see how that is a skewed view.)

Installs are a good thing, they keep us from needing two discs. Please enlighten me as to what a better solution would be. All the people saying racing games would not come on two discs didn't think racing games would have so much content. I suggest you re-read this entire thread, then delete your fail post.

I agree, you do fail.

I suggest you actually read this thread, or at least the post by MAFKKA that explains my post very well. The option to your question however is BD. 1 Disc would fit the entire game....including the stuff the Arcade users dont need.

As for my reference to the 2 discs and racing games, had you been on this or any other forum and payed any attention, you would remember the back and forth about how we will never see a 2 disc game on the 360, 9GB is plenty of space.....oops, 6GB, Racing games will never fill a disc let alone be on 2 etc. etc.  The same people were praising the 360 for not having any "mandatory" installs for games because dvd is so much better than the unnecessary BD drive in the PS3. Now that 2 disc games are showing up more and more and in a racing game no less, it seems the 360 faithful all of the sudden love having 2 discs and wasting space on the HDD to install the second disc. Or there memory card that they must now buy as well if they don't want a HDD.

MAFKKA's post was as full of fail as yours was my friend. Explain to me why some PS3 games also need installs in order to run a game THAT IS ON BR???

I was not around for the whole 2 disc debate, and if I were I would not have entered into it because it is a pointless argument. However, you have some MORE fail in your last paragraph, the second disc is NOT a manditory install, the BR drive is a luxury that IS unecesary, and IS partially to blame for why the PS3 was priced so high at launch, and as a symptom of the price, has not been selling as well as it's compeditors until the latest price drop. Most two disc games do NOT require an install, just a slightly annoying disc swap. Thirdly, the second disc "wastes" less than 2 gigs, and if you really want to play that content, it is not a waste at all. That's like saying GT5 is a waste of BR disc space...it's just plain stupid. Lastly, you can also install a portion unto your system memory if you MUST play the content. Like I said, it's completely optional.

Look dude, my point is that if you want to play the game you paid for you have to install the second disc. You bought the game with both discs, I would imagine you would want to play the entire game. As for the installs on the PS3, I agree it is a bad practice and a fail on the developers part. It is by no means something that is needed as Naughty dog has proved. The need for 2+ discs for 360 however is needed for this game and many others going forward. Games only get bigger. Your logic about it being optional is typical denial nonsense. You bought a game, you should be able to play the entire game without buying an add on. Its as simple as that. Thats why FF came with a HDD for PS2 and other games that require a peripheral come with them. Maybe the answer is for Turn 10 or M$ to put a memory card in each game.

DM235 said:
kanariya said:

Acura is considered an American brand so are Infiniti and Lexus though their mother companies are Japanese companies.

???

Acura is the luxury car division of Honda.  Its headquarters are in Tokyo, Japan.  How would anyone consider that to be an American brand?

Next you're going to tell me that Audi is American too?

Why are you mad? lol

It works like that, check out GT4 or any other games with regional set up.

Audi is German.

Just funny how the entire game could have fit on one fifth of a blu ray.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

Im not bashing the install per se, im not bashing the 360, im not bashing MS, im not bashing fans, im not bashing people with an arcade.

I am pointing fingers and asking questions of how Turn 10 can make a choice of excluding gamers when developing exclusivly for a console. And if you're defending their choice, its either because your not the one stuck with an Arcade and want to play F3, or you just chose to go selective perception and try to make this into Sony vs MS, when nothing i've said have brought up console wars, sony or MS. You're the ones trolling imo.

Lets take a look at the 2 options that they had:

1 - Only have 1 disc and no one will get extra content on a second disc.

2 - Have two discs so that at least some people can enjoy some more stuff. Everyone still has the same experience as number 1, except now there is the option for more. Win, Win, Win.