By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3: What's on disc 2 (104 cars, 29 tracks)

Well that's lame.

Around the Network

or make the game into
a 40$ game
and a 60$ collectors edition

theprof00 said:
or make the game into
a 40$ game
and a 60$ collectors edition

Good point!

MAFKKA said:
Im not bashing the install per se, im not bashing the 360, im not bashing MS, im not bashing fans, im not bashing people with an arcade.

I am pointing fingers and asking questions of how Turn 10 can make a choice of excluding gamers when developing exclusivly for a console. And if you're defending their choice, its either because your not the one stuck with an Arcade and want to play F3, or you just chose to go selective perception and try to make this into Sony vs MS, when nothing i've said have brought up console wars, sony or MS. You're the ones trolling imo.

Your first two posts in this thread were and I quote:

"OH MY GOD!! That is FAIL beyond anything ive ever heard.

"Such a stupid thing to do.

"Dear Arcade owners, here's half a game. And oh, if you have a Silver account you'll miss out on the MP part aswell. Oh yeah, that'll be 60$""

Neither of those quotes is asking questions, they're statements you made to bash a game pure and simple.  This is yet again a classic example of a pro Sony troll doing his upmost to pretend to take the morale high ground having deliberately baited posters and set the topic off track.  Balanced criticism would not have encited me to call you out but this was neither objective or balanced it was simply deliberately atagonastic posting that you've got away with surprise surprise.

When I made my buying decision for a 360 it was blatantly obvious that a HDD would be required for extra content on my games so I don't see why any arcade user has room to complain as they can still upgrade their console to match mine.  Might I add I actually upgraded my 20GB to a 120GB and I probably spent a lot more on my 360 than anyone did in the last year buying their arcades too.  This is not the first time arcade users have good reasons to upgrade either, Rock Band 2's RB1 song import is around 4GB too.  Ironically I've not seen many arcade owners in here compaining, it's mainly PS3 owners.

In one breath i can see them just releasing the first disc, no second disc no one would say a thing.

On th eother hand, to use the second disc in their numbers soap box, and track numbers... IE: to brag about total numbers when some of them wont be playable to all users is lame.

This is the bad side of DVD in moving forward with tech. No other way around it. Its not a deal breaker or anything, but in this day and age with the tech we have, with Natal coming soon, theres no excuse for something to be taking place that needed to be done back in 1997.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Lets take a look at the 2 options that they had:

1 - Only have 1 disc and no one will get extra content on a second disc.

2 - Have two discs so that at least some people can enjoy some more stuff. Everyone still has the same experience as number 1, except now there is the option for more. Win, Win, Win.

Very well said. This is something that should be obvious to EVERYBODY, but it is something that is very conveniant for the fanboys to "forget" about.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
JaggedSac said:

2 - Have two discs so that at least some people can enjoy some more stuff. Everyone still has the same experience as number 1, except now there is the option for more. Win, Win, Win.

Very well said. This is something that should be obvious to EVERYBODY, but it is something that is very conveniant for the fanboys to "forget" about.

Oh Everybody does see this, what you fail to see however is how wrong that statement is. This is why everyone was complaining about the lack of HDD in the arcade to begin with. To release a game with two discs costing $60 that only some people will be able to play 100% is just not right. It would be no different than M$ deciding to release games on HD-DVD and saying "Well, you get everything on one disc and less compression, for those that have one already its great but those that dont can just buy the add-on." Complete BS.

ironman said:
JaggedSac said:

Oh Everybody does see this, what you fail to see however is how wrong that statement is. This is why everyone was complaining about the lack of HDD in the arcade to begin with. To release a game with two discs costing $60 that only some people will be able to play 100% is just not right. It would be no different than M$ deciding to release games on HD-DVD and saying "Well, you get everything on one disc and less compression, for those that have one already its great but those that dont can just buy the add-on." Complete BS.

darendt said:
ironman said:
JaggedSac said:

Would you stop perpetuating lies. The first post points out that Arcade users can pick and choose components to copy onto their memory card. Just because they can't have 100% all at once doesn't mean they don't have 100% available to them at all. At the end of the day, you can only drive one car at a time on one track at a time.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

darendt said:
ironman said:
JaggedSac said:

Nice double post, but  Iask you, what would have been a better option on the 360, Not include the content on the second disc? Then would it be a better deal at $60.00. I mean honestly, What would it take to make you happy?

If a person bought the arcade, they did so KNOWING that it didn't come with a hard drive. The only people I have EVER seen complaining about the lack of a hard drive, are Sony fanboys who don't even have a 360. Also, anybody with an arcade model, has the option to upgrade so they can play the full second disc, You can buy a used 20GB HD for around $20.00, as an added bonus, you now have room to store other content as well. If people REALLY want to play the second disc, and they can't get what they want on their memory card, or internal memeory, they have the option to buy 20 gigs of memory for less than HALF the cost of a memory card. That to me, is better than NOT having the extra cars or tracks.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!