By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3: What's on disc 2 (104 cars, 29 tracks)

lestatdark said:
First and foremost, I didn't refuse to debate any further because I think you're close minded, I did that because it is pointless to continue this discussion, I see no sense whatsoever to point out something that shall cause some confusion to other people to someone that doesn't want to understand that.
And I never said that you called other people idiots for posting their thoughts, you called people idiots for not knowing that this situation could issue ("Actually, my mentallity is one of common sense, you CANNOT complain about something you already knew was going to be a problem if you wanted extra content from games. It's hipocritical and just plain idiotic.") As I said not everyone knew of this problem, even if you think otherwise.

My opinions aren't worth more than your own, I respect your opinions and as I said countless times before (funny how you seem not to manage to read that) they are valid as well, because I also think that the public should be informed and that the consumers must do their part in researching this kind of information.

But reality doesn't work like that, and most kind of consumers doesn't think much about what they are buying other than instant gratification, be it a console, a tv, a car, or anything else, and that's not the manufacturers fault, but it is the fault of the market per se, coupled with some fault of the consumers too. In this case, it's the market's fault in the aspect of the 360 arcade was primarely marketed as a console that everyone could pick and play any game they wanted, because it was cheap and because, unlike the PS3, you didn't need to install games on the HDD, which was also the strongest selling point of the early years of the Arcade and it's the consumer's fault not to actually know that the full experience of the 360 needs a HDD to be complete.

So yeah, I think that it will be an issue for some people, while other people thinks that's a no issue are correct as well, it all comes down to the level of information people have, and neither is more correct than the other, because both are valid.

What problem? MS is following through with their promise of "No manditory installs" You seem to ignore the fact that the second disc is NOT a manditory install, you DON'T need to install the disc to play the main portion of the game. The second disc is a hard copy of what would otherwise be DLC. CAN YOU ADMIT THAT???

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

In the beginning of our discussion I said promptly that it would be a problem for racing fans who want to experience the full game experience and that only have the arcade, and that's what i've been discussing so far, because for those people, this will feel like a mandatory install, in order to play the full game.

"Don't get me wrong, I think it was a smart move by turn 10 and microsoft, in the business sense, but I have some personal friends, who are as well racing enthusiasts, in collegue who are Arcade users and were eager to get the game, and now we'll just play at my house because they can't afford to upgrade their system and don't want to pay full for half a game, and I think that some arcade users will feel the same."
This is from my first post and I distinctly talked about racing fans and some arcade users, not all.

As I said before, and once more, i'll say it again, because you seem not to even read that part of my posts, is that you are right in the points that you give, and that is counting the fact that it is not a mandatory install for all. But for the people who like racing games and that only have the arcade, it will be a problem, that is all.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
In the beginning of our discussion I said promptly that it would be a problem for racing fans who want to experience the full game experience and that only have the arcade, and that's what i've been discussing so far, because for those people, this will feel like a mandatory install, in order to play the full game.

"Don't get me wrong, I think it was a smart move by turn 10 and microsoft, in the business sense, but I have some personal friends, who are as well racing enthusiasts, in collegue who are Arcade users and were eager to get the game, and now we'll just play at my house because they can't afford to upgrade their system and don't want to pay full for half a game, and I think that some arcade users will feel the same."
This is from my first post and I distinctly talked about racing fans and some arcade users, not all.

As I said before, and once more, i'll say it again, because you seem not to even read that part of my posts, is that you are right in the points that you give, and that is counting the fact that it is not a mandatory install for all. But for the people who like racing games and that only have the arcade, it will be a problem, that is all.

Why do I feel after reading all of your posts that you aren't concerned one bit about 360 Arcade owners? Do you own a 360? What's your gamertag? Do you have plans to buy a 360? Thanks.

Hahahahahaha. I'm sorry madskillz, but have you even bother with looking at my sig? My gamertag is lestatarthas, I own a 360 since last christmas, own more than 10 games for it, and have ROBOTECHHEAVEN and Euphoria14 from VGChartz in my friends list. Oh and also, i'm on number 1 spot in global ranking for Blue Dragon achievement list, since I was the fastest person to get the 1000 GS for the game.
But by all means, look it up ;) I love the 360 as much as I love the PS3 and the Wii, I don't have a personal preference, that's all.

Edit - Oh and yeah, I do care for some Arcade owners, as I said, i've got a couple of friends that have Arcades as their only console this gen, because it was the least expensive for them, since here in portugal an Arcade is 199 euros, which is roughly 270 Dollars, and that's all that they could afford. As for other people I don't know about their situation, but from personal experience, this has affected the people that I know.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

360 Arcade owners are getting shafted (it's 2009, why aren't they including a HD in every sku? Even the original Xbox had a HD). MS should just stick a 20 gig HD into that thing. A 20 gb 2.5" hard drive in a shell can't be that costly to make.

Around the Network

lestatdark said:

They "Feel" that it is a manditory install. Feelings and fact are two very differant things. That is the destinction I am trying to make here. Even still, would these people rather not have the option to upgrade (very cheaply I might add) to play the content? Turn 10 could have very easily left the second disc out of the game.

Reguardless, you are still making an argument that has no real merit. Sure these people can complain, but you cannot hold their shortcoming to Turn 10. Turn 10 could have just left out the second disc, And thrown the extra content up on XBL..then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I agree with this, but I am saying you cannot count that against the game, these people have the option to upgrade, and they bought the arcade model knowing full well that in order to play extra content, they would need a hard drive.

They "feel" it is a manditory

Feelings are VERY differant from fact. That is what you are missing here.

Past Avatar picture!!!

@Ironman

Well, I think we have a mix up in here, since I wasn't talking about turn 10 at all, but rather the marketing of the 360 as no installs needed.
I think what Turn 10 did is a good choice in both the business sense and in the consumers way, since they could, as you said, put the content on XBL and charge extra for it, and they are giving us with the full game, so that those who have an HDD can enjoy it, that to me was the right choice, and I give kudos for it.

I know that the point is that what the arcade consumers feel isn't the right thing to feel in this situation, and in a way you're right, but consumers, as little informed and with so much misconceptions in regard to the actual marketing for the consoles that they have, will find a reason to complain when things go differently to what was the norm so far.
You, me, and most people here in the forum know most of the actual reality of the market because we deal with it directly or indirectly more than the common user does, but outside of these certain circles, people lack a lot of information, especially X360 users here in Portugal, since the market here is pratically non-existant and we are mostly in the dark about the 360 in here.
Hell, if it wasn't for the huge amount of help i've got when I started posting in here, seeking advice on best buying opportunities for the 360, I would have a hard time finding a good 360 deal, because we have almost non existant info about the 360 in here, which is the reality that im trying to portrait, since most european countries, outside the UK, the 360 market isn't very well explained to the common user.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@Ironman

Well, I think we have a mix up in here, since I wasn't talking about turn 10 at all, but rather the marketing of the 360 as no installs needed.
I think what Turn 10 did is a good choice in both the business sense and in the consumers way, since they could, as you said, put the content on XBL and charge extra for it, and they are giving us with the full game, so that those who have an HDD can enjoy it, that to me was the right choice, and I give kudos for it.

I can respect that, however, the very premis that DLC is a manditory install is a falacy, You do not need to have DLC to play the main protion of the game, and that is where I disagree with you.

I know that the point is that what the arcade consumers feel isn't the right thing to feel in this situation, and in a way you're right, but consumers, as little informed and with so much misconceptions in regard to the actual marketing for the consoles that they have, will find a reason to complain when things go differently to what was the norm so far.
You, me, and most people here in the forum know most of the actual reality of the market because we deal with it directly or indirectly more than the common user does, but outside of these certain circles, people lack a lot of information, especially X360 users here in Portugal, since the market here is pratically non-existant and we are mostly in the dark about the 360 in here.

Yes, and it is your responsability to research a product before you buy it. If you don't do so, you have nobody to blame but yourself for any shortcomings you may find with the product. It's not like the information isn't readily available.

Hell, if it wasn't for the huge amount of help i've got when I started posting in here, seeking advice on best buying opportunities for the 360, I would have a hard time finding a good 360 deal, because we have almost non existant info about the 360 in here, which is the reality that im trying to portrait, since most european countries, outside the UK, the 360 market isn't very well explained to the common user.

Past Avatar picture!!!

@Ironman

Personally i don't feel that it's a mandatory installation, given the fact that I pretty much install every game that I own on my 360 before I play it, in order for it to perform faster and cut down the noise of the drive when i'm playing, and I just do it for personal preference, and I will install the DLC because almost all of the cars and all the tracks on the second DVD have a strong appeal to me, but that's not the case for other people.

As it have been said, HDD's can be found on e-bay at cheap prices, but other than that, a HDD here in portugal costs almost as much as a new Arcade (120 euros, that's almost 170 dollars) and that will make the console more expensive than a Pro/Elite unit, in total.
Hopefully this won't be a widespread problem, that would mean that the consumer market is smarter than it seems to be nowadays, plus, most Forza fans, which I believe will make the bulk of the sales of Forza 3, will have a Pro unit, given the timeframe of release of Forza 2 with the 20 Gb Pro and the posterior 60 Gb bundle.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@Ironman

Personally i don't feel that it's a mandatory installation, given the fact that I pretty much install every game that I own on my 360 before I play it, in order for it to perform faster and cut down the noise of the drive when i'm playing, and I just do it for personal preference, and I will install the DLC because almost all of the cars and all the tracks on the second DVD have a strong appeal to me, but that's not the case for other people.

As it have been said, HDD's can be found on e-bay at cheap prices, but other than that, a HDD here in portugal costs almost as much as a new Arcade (120 euros, that's almost 170 dollars) and that will make the console more expensive than a Pro/Elite unit, in total.
Hopefully this won't be a widespread problem, that would mean that the consumer market is smarter than it seems to be nowadays, plus, most Forza fans, which I believe will make the bulk of the sales of Forza 3, will have a Pro unit, given the timeframe of release of Forza 2 with the 20 Gb Pro and the posterior 60 Gb bundle.

Then, why are we arguing? I Agree with you that people have a right to complain, and you agree with me that their complaints are a moot point given the context.

Past Avatar picture!!!