By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3: What's on disc 2 (104 cars, 29 tracks)

KylieDog said:
Ok, so if you do not have room to install them you cannot use them online. Is what the article states.

SO what happens if other people want to use them online? Does that mean it blocks you from joining those games, since you cannot load the data for those cars obviously...

That isn't good.

It's no differant than not being able to play DLC map packs on Halo 3 because you didn't download the maps. There are still other games avaliable.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
ironman said:
KylieDog said:
Ok, so if you do not have room to install them you cannot use them online. Is what the article states.

SO what happens if other people want to use them online? Does that mean it blocks you from joining those games, since you cannot load the data for those cars obviously...

That isn't good.

It's no differant than not being able to play DLC map packs on Halo 3 because you didn't download the maps. There are still other games avaliable.

To me it's also similar to buying a game with a substantial online offering yet being unable to play that due to lack of having the system in question on the internet.

not entirely game-breaking, but I'd like those online trohies/achievemnts dammit!

I'll just have to make a plan in the future.

Similar to this scenario.

If i want it that badly, and had no HDD, i'd just have to buy one eventually.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
ironman said:
KylieDog said:

That isn't good.

To me it's also similar to buying a game with a substantial online offering yet being unable to play that due to lack of having the system in question on the internet.

not entirely game-breaking, but I'd like those online trohies/achievemnts dammit!

I'll just have to make a plan in the future.

Similar to this scenario.

If i want it that badly, and had no HDD, i'd just have to buy one eventually.

Spot on. Thats really the only way you can look at this since the second disc is "Extra" material and is NOT required to play the game.

Past Avatar picture!!!

@ironman

I'm not going to rebute your points since, as I said, I don't like to discuss with close-minded mentality, and since i'm not the one having this kind of problems and was just trying to point out problems that other people might have, i'll just leave it at that, because those problems will exist, even if you think people who will have them are idiotic (which it's totally uncalled for, you are judging people without any knowledge of them).

OT - Anyway, this extra content sounds really good and will be a great boost to what seems as a great game already.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@ironman

I'm not going to rebute your points since, as I said, I don't like to discuss with close-minded mentality, and since i'm not the one having this kind of problems and was just trying to point out problems that other people might have, i'll just leave it at that, because those problems will exist, even if you think people who will have them are idiotic (which it's totally uncalled for, you are judging people without any knowledge of them).

OT - Anyway, this extra content sounds really good and will be a great boost to what seems as a great game already.

Ah yes, the pot calling the kettle black. Like your shit doesn't stink, seriously, all I did was try to have a reasonable conversation, then. as always, people started flooding in with horribly flawed explanations as to why the second disc is a bad thing, am I so wrong to actually defend something that people seem persistant on trolling? I have used pure and simple logic to rebute most of your points, I have also agreed with other points that I may origionally not have thought of, but no, I guess I'm the closed minded one for not shutting up and let a horrible argument run it's course to yet, another flame war... You really think I'm closed minded, prove it...then prove to me that you are not.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Around the Network

@Ironman

Look, you have your points, and as I said before, those are valid as well, because people do have options and they can choose, I never said anything against that. But you have been gunning down everyone who has found some issues with this situation.

As I said as well, people will have a problem with this, because not everyone with an arcade was informed that this situation could happen for a favourite game of them.
You've said that when you go to a shop the clerk will ask you if you want to use it to download expansions or not, well, that may be the reality in where you live, but in most places that I know of, the shops don't even bother doing that, and the common consumer doesn't bother with that.

Also you consider that you're using common sense, yet the only thing that you're using is your truth's Vs the truth's of others, trying to pass that for common sense, and giving judgment to other people, calling them idiotic and such, when no one has the right to pass judgment like that, that what I was saying of you having a close minded mentality.

Now, please tell me when did I have a close minded mentality, because in this discussion I always tried to see both sides of the problem and never gave my judgment against any side. If that's close minded to you, then I guess that explains a lot.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Derp..............Derp...... 2 discs is better than 1....beeeep..... 2 discs looks better than 1....pretty pictures....Ferrari DLC is awesome can't wait to buy it on launch day....AWESOME.....beeeeepp....error....rebooting

lestatdark said:
@Ironman

Look, you have your points, and as I said before, those are valid as well, because people do have options and they can choose, I never said anything against that. But you have been gunning down everyone who has found some issues with this situation.

You wanna know why? Because the issues that people have been bringing up do not exist...They are blown out of proportion soley to inflate the masses.

As I said as well, people will have a problem with this, because not everyone with an arcade was informed that this situation could happen for a favourite game of them.

This situation is nonexistant. The second disc is a hard compy of DLC. People were promised that there would be no manditory installs, show me where you MUST install the second disk in order to play the campaign portion of the game.

You've said that when you go to a shop the clerk will ask you if you want to use it to download expansions or not, well, that may be the reality in where you live, but in most places that I know of, the shops don't even bother doing that, and the common consumer doesn't bother with that.

So, you are telling me that a consumer who does not research important facts about the product they intend to buy, it is the manufacturers fault? I'm not saying people can't complain, I am saying it's hypocritical to, and you cannot use their complaints that are based on their own falure, as a basis to bash the game.

Also you consider that you're using common sense, yet the only thing that you're using is your truth's Vs the truth's of others, trying to pass that for common sense, and giving judgment to other people, calling them idiotic and such, when no one has the right to pass judgment like that, that what I was saying of you having a close minded mentality.

And exactly where did I call anybody who poste their thought an idiot?  BTW, There is a diferance between somebodies opinion, and the truth. You CANNOT say that your opinions trump the facts that I used for most of my arguments.

Now, please tell me when did I have a close minded mentality, because in this discussion I always tried to see both sides of the problem and never gave my judgment against any side. If that's close minded to you, then I guess that explains a lot.

Dude, the fact that you refused to debate any further because you believed you were right and that I was closed minded, is FAR more closed minded than letting others state their opinions and explaining why they are wrong. Closed minded would be telling people they were wrong without giving an explanation...kinda like you did in your post before this one.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Unfortunately for those Arcade owners, there is free DLC on October 27 that has more cars and tracks as well.

First and foremost, I didn't refuse to debate any further because I think you're close minded, I did that because it is pointless to continue this discussion, I see no sense whatsoever to point out something that shall cause some confusion to other people to someone that doesn't want to understand that.
And I never said that you called other people idiots for posting their thoughts, you called people idiots for not knowing that this situation could issue ("Actually, my mentallity is one of common sense, you CANNOT complain about something you already knew was going to be a problem if you wanted extra content from games. It's hipocritical and just plain idiotic.") As I said not everyone knew of this problem, even if you think otherwise.

My opinions aren't worth more than your own, I respect your opinions and as I said countless times before (funny how you seem not to manage to read that) they are valid as well, because I also think that the public should be informed and that the consumers must do their part in researching this kind of information.

But reality doesn't work like that, and most kind of consumers doesn't think much about what they are buying other than instant gratification, be it a console, a tv, a car, or anything else, and that's not the manufacturers fault, but it is the fault of the market per se, coupled with some fault of the consumers too. In this case, it's the market's fault in the aspect of the 360 arcade was primarely marketed as a console that everyone could pick and play any game they wanted, because it was cheap and because, unlike the PS3, you didn't need to install games on the HDD, which was also the strongest selling point of the early years of the Arcade and it's the consumer's fault not to actually know that the full experience of the 360 needs a HDD to be complete.

So yeah, I think that it will be an issue for some people, while other people thinks that's a no issue are correct as well, it all comes down to the level of information people have, and neither is more correct than the other, because both are valid.

Current PC Build