By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3: What's on disc 2 (104 cars, 29 tracks)

akuseru said:
It is incredible that some people is applauding this sort of customer treatment...

Ok, maybe it is the best option they have, but still, it doesn't make it right. All you defending the situation here, ironman, etc, let me ask you a question. You all say that everyone with a 360 (arcades) have a hard drive and they should know by buying an arcade they will not get the HDD, and it's only $20 on ebay, etc. Do you think that all 360 buyers are aware of the technical specifications? You think my mom or a random mom know if F3 will demand a HDD install to enjoy the full game when they do their busy Christmas shopping? You think all consumers are aware of what a shitty SKU the Arcade obviously is and will be in the future? If they all knew the true value of the arcade, they would never get it. You think all buyers of the arcade can afford the HDD? If they did they would obviously get the better SKU (Pro, Elite or whatever) and never have to pay for that overpriced HDDs. "Oh, but you can get one for $20 on ebay!!" you say. Well here is a newsflash for you ignorant people, not everyone shops on ebay and many people never will, and for some people $20 is a lot of money too.. Just because something is easy and routine for you (gamers on internet forums), don't expect it to be like that for the regular man in the street. We are NOT the majority of console owners...

On the other hand, as a gamer on forums, I also think it is easy to say what you say: "they should know..", "they could just..", bla bla bla. But if Sony or Nintendo did something like this (and as far as I know, this 2 disc solution has not even been known until lately. Almost like they tried to hide it and wait until near release to make it public) I would be pissed. Luckily, Nintendo makes games that are suited for DVD and Sony invested some money on decent tech in their machine so we all have sufficient space on both disc and HDDs. MS has lied to their customers. They have previously made it clear that one should NOT need an HDD to play games on the 360, and now you need it to fully enjoy F3. You can deny it all you want, but that is a fact. And that Memory card thing is just pathetic... Ok, at least it is something, but to have to; 1. Clear most things on you memory card (or internal or whatever) to install some pieces of the disc and 2. later on delete it and install some other part if you want to play those parts

And btw. Mandatory install games from Capcom on the PS3 is not representative at all. That is the works of bad developing (developers) and taking shortcuts out of a tricky job. Look at Uncharted and Uncharted 2, they obviously disagree with Capcom's shitty mandatory install PS3 development.

I knew this day would come for the 360 owners and it just concludes what a stupid SKU the Arcade is and will be as games is starting to get bigger... This is my opinion on the matter and in my opinion it just shows how poorly some aspects of the 360 is planned and designed. I will conclude with saying that it is not Turn 10's fault at all, this is all MS1 fault and I will give it a big ass

FAIL

Thanks a million for this wall of text.

Now, regardless of your gripe, it's a choice. A choice. If a gamer wants to play Forza 3, they'll buy what they need. But still, no one is forcing people to make a choice. A choice.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
ironman said:
madskillz said:
ironman said:
madskillz said:
You got warned for saying you were reporting someone? Oh wow. I guess we are supposed to ignore their post - wow.

OT: So what. Forza 3 has made tons of strides since the last release - and has what 3 Forzas under their belt when GT5 has been in the works since then? Give me 4 discs and I'll play them all. Why the delay? And what really trips me out is - how a lot of folks are cool with the delay. All I know is I like racing and waiting is not an option.

Yup, I did get warned, anyway, you can report them, but appearantly, it is not ok to SAY you reported them because it just causes trouble.

I fail to see how GT has anything to do with this thread. You are just going to stir up trouble with your last comment.

Not at all. What I am saying is the truth - and with folks complaining about the number of disks, having to buy a hard drive and Arcade owners are screwed are much, much worse. What I am saying is - few folks who bought Forza and Forza 2 are complaining. It's the magpies who are trolling that are talking about how it will fit on a BR disc, how GT is superior. Turn 10 isn't aiming to make it the end-all. They are making a racing game with polished graphics that I am so looking forward to playing and racing mates on LIVE.

If I get reported, oh well. Not trying to flame, there's no reason for me to do that.

It may be the truth, but a wait is diferant that having an extra disc. Which is why I'm afraid some people may read what you said as trolling. You are correct though, the only people I have seen complaining so far, don't even have a 360, and don't plan on buying the game. It's rather silly.

I love gaming and hate waiting. I am greedy and want to play games still in development. I applaud Turn 10 for cranking out what seems to be a solid racer in a reasonable amount of time. So what if folks have to buy a HDD to play it. Again, it's a choice. And my intent of any of my posts is not malicious. Turn 10 is not talking a good game - they are bringing it too.

Agree 100%....back in 2007 I was planning whether to buy a ps3 or 360, and racing sims are one of my favorite games to play. If I had got a ps3 i'd still be waiting for GT5 to this very day. If people can take the wait....then good for you, but its too damn long for me can't wait for F3 this month...

akuseru said:
It is incredible that some people is applauding this sort of customer treatment...

Ok, maybe it is the best option they have, but still, it doesn't make it right. All you defending the situation here, ironman, etc, let me ask you a question. You all say that everyone with a 360 (arcades) have a hard drive and they should know by buying an arcade they will not get the HDD, and it's only $20 on ebay, etc. Do you think that all 360 buyers are aware of the technical specifications? You think my mom or a random mom know if F3 will demand a HDD install to enjoy the full game when they do their busy Christmas shopping? You think all consumers are aware of what a shitty SKU the Arcade obviously is and will be in the future? If they all knew the true value of the arcade, they would never get it. You think all buyers of the arcade can afford the HDD? If they did they would obviously get the better SKU (Pro, Elite or whatever) and never have to pay for that overpriced HDDs. "Oh, but you can get one for $20 on ebay!!" you say. Well here is a newsflash for you ignorant people, not everyone shops on ebay and many people never will, and for some people $20 is a lot of money too.. Just because something is easy and routine for you (gamers on internet forums), don't expect it to be like that for the regular man in the street. We are NOT the majority of console owners...

On the other hand, as a gamer on forums, I also think it is easy to say what you say: "they should know..", "they could just..", bla bla bla. But if Sony or Nintendo did something like this (and as far as I know, this 2 disc solution has not even been known until lately. Almost like they tried to hide it and wait until near release to make it public) I would be pissed. Luckily, Nintendo makes games that are suited for DVD and Sony invested some money on decent tech in their machine so we all have sufficient space on both disc and HDDs. MS has lied to their customers. They have previously made it clear that one should NOT need an HDD to play games on the 360, and now you need it to fully enjoy F3. You can deny it all you want, but that is a fact. And that Memory card thing is just pathetic... Ok, at least it is something, but to have to; 1. Clear most things on you memory card (or internal or whatever) to install some pieces of the disc and 2. later on delete it and install some other part if you want to play those parts

And btw. Mandatory install games from Capcom on the PS3 is not representative at all. That is the works of bad developing (developers) and taking shortcuts out of a tricky job. Look at Uncharted and Uncharted 2, they obviously disagree with Capcom's shitty mandatory install PS3 development.

I knew this day would come for the 360 owners and it just concludes what a stupid SKU the Arcade is and will be as games is starting to get bigger... This is my opinion on the matter and in my opinion it just shows how poorly some aspects of the 360 is planned and designed. I will conclude with saying that it is not Turn 10's fault at all, this is all MS1 fault and I will give it a big ass

FAIL

It couldn't be more incredible than someone typing out 5 paragraphs about a console he does not have and a game he will not get, is it? Seriously, why bother?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Microsoft Defense Force is pretty strong these days.

JinFantasy said:

Link or it didn't happen.

Around the Network

Don't have too dude its pretty obvious. You're not helping either, im sorry is my etiquette wrong?

i meant this place is an unbiased level headed chatroom everything is above board etc etc evr1 should just buy HDD.....beep....beep.....Evr1 should just buy a HDD if they have arcade its their problem.....beeep....terminating message

JinFantasy said:
Don't have too dude its pretty obvious. You're not helping either, im sorry is my etiquette wrong?

i meant this place is an unbiased level headed chatroom everything is above board etc etc evr1 should just buy HDD.....beep....beep.....Evr1 should just buy a HDD if they have arcade its their problem.....beeep....terminating message

is it just me or did that post just make very little sense?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

JinFantasy said:

I hope that is a typo.

JinFantasy said:

Were that only true, then I would be able to say "obviously not strong enough to counter the S.O.S.("Sony Only" Soldiers)"

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

JinFantasy said:

Enjoy your short stay here, you could just post in your main account though if you want to really troll properly.