By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Problems NATAL Must Overcome to Find SUCCESS? (your list?)!

They already have stuff for the handicap. In fact whole idea of head tracking started with the handicap in mind which later they realize it could be used in games.

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
They already have stuff for the handicap. In fact whole idea of head tracking started with the handicap in mind which later they realize it could be used in games.

This is true, however it is VERY expensive from what I understand.  This could be adjusted for that at a relatively small price point.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Smidlee said:
JaggedSac said:

I don't think MS cares too much about the controllerless aspects of Natal outside of their marketing.  They are basically handing Natal to developers and telling them to do with it what you will.  Kudo has stated a couple time I believe about the possibilities of the Natal controller hybrid.

As far as feedback, sound and visuals are enough.  People playing on PC with mouse and keyboard don't have rumble, and they seem to do alright.

If that is true then that  kind of defeats the whole idea of Natal.  Using a controller for gaming doesn't set it apart from Wii-mote or Sony's wand. On a level playing field, cost could be a huge problem for Natal.

But it CAN be used without a controller.

kitler53 said:
i'm probably one of the most critical people on this site as far as natal goes. ...but lag/accuracy issues, price, and competition can all be overcome as long as natal has one critical thing: a killer app that really captures the interest of the public. so far i haven't seen one but MS still has quite a lot of time to announce one.

Killer app = Belly Dancing... I mean come on... what woman doesn't want to learn to belly dance?  And what man doesn't want his woman to learn?

To succed, it must explain to the people at MS that it is nothing but an advanced Eyetoy, and that it can't be used at all the way the MS is trying to show people that it can. Then it must destroy itself and all scematics with it. Only then will it have succeded.

Around the Network

To succeed, it must ignore the haters and shallow thinkers out there. Oh,and it must go to a console that isn't an MS product...

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

JaggedSac said:
Smidlee said:
JaggedSac said:

I don't think MS cares too much about the controllerless aspects of Natal outside of their marketing.  They are basically handing Natal to developers and telling them to do with it what you will.  Kudo has stated a couple time I believe about the possibilities of the Natal controller hybrid.

As far as feedback, sound and visuals are enough.  People playing on PC with mouse and keyboard don't have rumble, and they seem to do alright.

If that is true then that  kind of defeats the whole idea of Natal.  Using a controller for gaming doesn't set it apart from Wii-mote or Sony's wand. On a level playing field, cost could be a huge problem for Natal.

It's just like talking to a wall... god forbid that this technology is used in diffrent ways to supplement and add to existing game styles... no it can only be used for non-controller type games... because limiting yourself is the best way to push your product forward >_<

Cueil said:
JaggedSac said:
Smidlee said:
JaggedSac said:

It's just like talking to a wall... god forbid that this technology is used in diffrent ways to supplement and add to existing game styles... no it can only be used for non-controller type games... because limiting yourself is the best way to push your product forward >_<

Actually, you are wrong. Natal does what it is supposed to do, eliminate the controller. However, if you run across a game that you want to play with a normal controller, or you get tired...well, pick up the controller and continue where you left off. This is actually brilliant because it will draw in the sceptics of NATAL who are intrigued by it, but also don't want to be stuck using Natal for everything. It also eliminates alianating people who didn't buy Natal by supporting both kinds of controller.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
Cueil said:
JaggedSac said:
Smidlee said:
JaggedSac said:

Actually, you are wrong. Natal does what it is supposed to do, eliminate the controller. However, if you run across a game that you want to play with a normal controller, or you get tired...well, pick up the controller and continue where you left off. This is actually brilliant because it will draw in the sceptics of NATAL who are intrigued by it, but also don't want to be stuck using Natal for everything. It also eliminates alianating people who didn't buy Natal by supporting both kinds of controller.

I was being an ass... it's exactly as you say... Microsoft wouldn't limit themselves by not allowing multipul uses for Natal... ie head tracking in Modern Warfare 3... something that while would add imersion wouldn't effect the gameplay if you didn't have Natal

I don't believe in Natal very much. I want to love it, I want it to succeed, I want it to be usable with many tipes of games and genres, but I cant see it yet. Maybe my imagination is bad?

I can see it as a device for casuals. But casuals ignore Xbox.

They need Natal to be able to integrate standardized physical peripherals (like guns, racing wheels, sword and shield and that kind of stuff) that increase your ability to control input and interact with the game, or else controlling games will be too simple. I believe Natal games will be very simple and dumbed down, for kids, grannies and casuals.