By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Fable III Thread

Fable III

Genre: RPG/Action-Adventure

Developer: Lionhead Studios

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Release: October 26th (Xbox 360), TBA (Windows)

Platforms: Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows

Description: 

The fables of Fable continue to be told with this third series entry -- a revolution for the series that gives you power over your character and environment like never before. In this new adventure, players will witness tyranny, poverty and injustice plague their land. They will see a people divided, and they will be compelled to stand up for change. They will also be forced to answer a question: What would you sacrifice to secure the crown of Albion? Will you uphold the values and principles that led to your ascension, or will you be corrupted by the station you’ve strived to acquire? Will you be a monarch of the people, or bring the entirety of Albion to the brink of collapse?

The journey to rule the throne of Albion begins five decades after the events of the last chapter, and you play as the child of your hero from Fable II. As you rule your kingdom as king or queen, you will be called upon to make choices and sacrifices that will test your morality and can affect your entire kingdom. Themes of heroism, leadership and consequence are taken to a grand scale as you fight to unite a divided people.

Gamescom Teaser Trailer:

Lionhead Dev Diary #1

Peter Molyneux Interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mZ2IpDdMc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kpl4h3FD0c&feature=related

Lionhead Press Conference:

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/video/6216099/

Live blog of the Lionhead Press Conference:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1015015p1.html

Voice acting in Fable III:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-fable-iii/54584

What we know:

The game will feature two new game mechanics. The first being touch which allows you to touch anything within the world. The second is judgements, which will allow you to judge people once you become king/queen.

The first half of the game will see you rallying support to overthrow the tyrant king, and the second half will see you ruling over the land of Albion.

It has been implied in the Lionhead Press Conference that there are lands outside of Albion in the Fable world and that some of them would make an appearance in Fable III.

Peter Molyneux has confirmed Fable III WILL feature Kinect.

The game was inspired by historical figures like Abraham Lincoln, Joan of Arc, and Che Guevara.

The game will be shown for the first time at the X10 event in February, and Peter Molyneux will give a keynote at GDC in March.

According to Peter Molyneux, Fable III is NOT an RPG. The HUD has been eliminated entirely as has experience orbs and levelling up.

Weapon morphing is a new feature in Fable III. Your weapons will change in appearance depending on your gamerscore and your actions in the game. For example, if you slaughter innocents, your sword will start dripping blood.

Fable III will feature a dog as did Fable II.

Multiplayer will allow players to use their own characters and venture wherever they want.

Part of the game will take place in Aurora, a desert continent outside of Albion.

Buying property works similarly to how it did in Fable II.

When the pause button is pressed, the player will be sent to "The Sanctuary" where they can access armor, weapons, and their butler. The primary purpose of this was to decrease the amount of 2D lists in the game. Also in the Sanctuary is a virtual map of Albion, allowing you to zoom in on any location and see what is occurring in real time and buy property.

I think this thread is a good starting point to keep all the Fable III info that emerges in one thread. I will try the best that I can to do so, and hopefully this'll see some of the popularity the Forza 3 thread has. If anyone wants to help me out here by posting new info, videos, whatever here as you find them and they are released, be my guest. I only embedded one of those videos in hopes to make this look a bit neater, and will continue to do so as new info comes out. This is, as I said, a starting point, I will update this post and this thread over the next few days all the way until its release.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

first comment

Uncharted 2 is a blast

Isn't it a little early to have an official thread?  The game is over a year away at best.

Nice work though

Better be a final boss fight in this one.

My early prediciton is 92% Meta and over 4 million copies lifetime sales (+1 million first week just like Fable II).

Molyneux is awesome. Fable is too. Both Fable games were fantastic.

Around the Network

Yeah I reckon this is the first Fable to get a AAA rating on Metacritic.

I still don't know that it will push much more than the second Fable though.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I don't know, I thought Fable 2 was great, but too easy and Fable 3 sounds kind of Iffy. Molyneux wants to force the world to see as he sees and I think that is a huge problem, because he's old and is out of touch. He's making me believe that the Fable series is no longer a 'first day buy' series. I am not giving up on Fable 3, but I will read and watch reviews first because his idea is rather vague. I just hope he doesn't destroy it and then destroy the secret games Rare has planned.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I don't know, I thought Fable 2 was great, but too easy and Fable 3 sounds kind of Iffy. Molyneux wants to force the world to see as he sees and I think that is a huge problem, because he's old and is out of touch.

lol Molyneux 'old and out of touch'? Why?? You're silly!

@starcraft

Yeah, it will be hard to outsell Fable II, but since X360 is in trouble we NEED a 5 million seller!

Hopefully it won't be a boring like Fable 2.

You weren't able to rape people...

WessleWoggle said:
Hopefully it won't be a boring like Fable 2.

You weren't able to rape people...

Weren't you banned for a similar statement? I actually lol'd a bit then.