By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony back at it with terrible advertising

PS3 is trying to be the cool rebel product....i see

Around the Network

what is this about a penis thumb now?

That is exactly the point. You think "WTF" and you also think "PS3" and then you are interested in this weird console and you see the other ads with the features and games, and you buy one.

It's meant to be ridiculous and controversial, that's what Sony does. Combined with regular adverts, those could be really effective.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

nightsurge said:
I have to agree. I saw the new PSP Go ads and they failed to really show off the PSP Go. Mostly showed off people clubbing and stuff, but the PSP Go only had like 5 seconds of actual visibility in the 30 second spot.

Reminds me of something off topic- I was in India a while back, and alcohol ads are illegal there. So, there was an ad with people clubbing and drinking, for about 25 seconds, and then for the last 5 seconds, it said "Bacardi: Cassettes and Tapes"

It was hilarious

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

WTF prof...lol

Around the Network
Kantor said:
nightsurge said:
I have to agree. I saw the new PSP Go ads and they failed to really show off the PSP Go. Mostly showed off people clubbing and stuff, but the PSP Go only had like 5 seconds of actual visibility in the 30 second spot.

Reminds me of something off topic- I was in India a while back, and alcohol ads are illegal there. So, there was an ad with people clubbing and drinking, for about 25 seconds, and then for the last 5 seconds, it said "Bacardi: Cassettes and Tapes"

It was hilarious

Sony: Nazis and Thumb-Penises.

Yeah, as an advertisment it's pretty poor. I gotta say that as a consumer I'd take a look at it, be confused, and continue walking.

Then I'd see a big, bright PS3 price tag of $299.99 and say "Why didn't they just show me this?!".

And yes, that PSPGo commercial was pretty awful as well. I got more out of the final 2 seconds than the rest of the 30 second clubbin' scene.

sorrythat just sounded gay

theprof00 said:
what is this about a penis thumb now?

Click the link in the op for the word Controversial.

4 ≈ One

twesterm said:
And it's not even the fact it pictures Nazi's that I call this terrible, it goes back to the whole what the Hell does this have to do with the PS3 thing?

Not only does the person who thought who made and thought these were a good idea need to be shot, the person who approved it along with all his yes men need to be shot.

Nazi!!!