By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Screenshot Comparison: Uncharted 2 vs. Crysis

Crysis looks better, uncharted 2 should be happy with the best looking console game title

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

This laptop is too weak to show gorgeous pictures.

CGI-Quality said:
Besides Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 would be the only other console game I'd compare to Crysis. Knowing this, I still rate it behind Crysis....

what about Heavy Rain?

Those screens must be heavenly

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

What makes Crysis amazing is that it was released in 2007!

Around the Network

If games never got significantly better looking than this it wouldn't bother me. Both awesome!

Take a look at the IGN review and then come back to these pics, the IGN review makes every screen posted look like a last generation game

mM
leo-j said:
Why do they get Ultra high (mod lighting) pics of Crysis, and very shitty Uncharted 2 pics to compare?

Those aren't very shitty pictures of Uncharted 2. They're actually fantastic. That's just what Crysis does to other game's best pictures, makes them look like shit in comparison. If you take away the Crysis pics, no one realizes what's wrong in the U2 pics, trust me.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Crysis wins (although I've never seen it playable and that gorgeous at the same time), but Uncharted 2 isnt a slouch by any means.

everdom said:
What makes Crysis amazing is that it was released in 2007!

Hasn't really been surpassed yet.

That said, the game has improved alot graphically, with user mods and the release of Warhead.

Graphics can only be as good as developers are willing to program for.

Here is the thing about PC gamers and the graphics argument.

Of course the PC is capable of producing graphics far beyond what is capable on a home console.

However, there really is only 1 PC game that gets pointed to when questioned about how far ahead the PC is graphically, and that is crysis.

Once console fanboys get Gran Turismo 5, they'll have a game to point to that looks, well, imo closer to RL than does Crysis.

Why?

Because that's what the developers were willing to put into the title.

If the PC had a first party developer to make a Gran Turismo game that pushed its limits, I'm sure it would look 10 times better, but until then, the PC hasn't had a graphical improvement since 2007, and Gran Turismo is catching up?

Next gen, graphics will hit the upper reaches of diminishing returns.

What will PC gamers have to tout so heavily and brag upon then?

I know what they won't have.

1st party games.

Maybe they can make do with those 2 Blizzard games a generation for exclusive content. Way I hear it, Crysis is headed to consoles.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.