By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Screenshot Comparison: Uncharted 2 vs. Crysis

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has received nearly god-like acclaim if the onslaught of professional reviews is to be believed. The Playstation 3 exclusive has been lauded for combining stellar graphics and nuanced touches with an excellent full-blown action adventure that sees Nathan Drake investigating the mystery of Marco Polo’s 13th century ill-fated return voyage from China. The game sports lavish jungle landscapes, detailed facial expressions (along with details like grime and scrapes) and realistic architectural textures reflecting the rough side of history. Join us as we see how the current king of PS3 games stands up to the titan of graphics-whore first person shooters, Crytek’s Crysis.

(All comparison shots were taken at resolutions of more than 1700×2300. Details that were compared include foliage textures, weapon details, facial details, clothing textures and smoothness of environments, character models, etc.)

http://www.split-screen.com/2009/09/30/screenshot-comparison-uncharted-2-vs-crysis/

Right click > View image to see max size

Around the Network

Both incredible, but Crysis looks better.

my computer cant handle the pictures (ROFLMAO)

mM

suprisingly, uncharted looks really good compared with crysis, but crysis has it beat

Crysis looks a lot better.

Around the Network

Man, how do they get such awesome pictures for Crysis and it never looks like that even when I'm playing it on my friend's computer (which is a bomb by the way)? @_@

Still, for a console game, Uncharted 2 is still good looking. Good job Naughty Doggy?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Why do they get Ultra high (mod lighting) pics of Crysis, and very shitty Uncharted 2 pics to compare?

mM
leo-j said:
Why do they get Ultra high (mod lighting) pics of Crysis, and very shitty Uncharted 2 pics to compare?

WTF are you talking about......those are some of the best U2 pics out there

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

i never seen crysis before, but always heard about how good it looked. Man that game looks crazy good. Uncharted looks really good, and prob the best on a console, but it doesn't look so astonishing when next to crysis.

Crysis still wins, but it's good to see that games are catching up (though my videocard can't even dream of playing it). The graphics power needed is so strong that that just loading the pic of it was a struggle for my laptop :(