By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is HYPED for Dragon Age ORIGINS? - Game looks AMAZING!

Yeah i cant wait, i'll be picking Risen up this friday then Dragon age next month.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@Acevil

lol no problem......I myself was SHOCKEd by how good & cool this Dragon age Origins game looked!

But as you said that outlawauron's going to kill me now!!

Why would I kill you?

I mean, you gave +500 respect to something because I don't like Zelda and thinks everyone is required to love the series. That's just ridiculous.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Also, know this.

I hope this game makes you all shite your pants, sell Demon's Soul(which you WILL do anyway, because most of you aren't going to like it, btw) and buy it immediately, because it's so damn good.

Do I have to say it again? I've already beaten the import and I'm rebuying the game to play with my American friends.

And why the hell does everyone have to like a certain game or series.

Yes, Zelda.

Then, I guess I'm just a no good casual gamer. I can't keep up with the elite such as yourself.

Hmm, I dunno dude. Calling yourself a gamer and not liking Zelda is pushing it, imo. It's like not being able to create cereal and calling yourself a chef. It's like not being able to pump gas and calling yourself a mechanic, it's like having no voice and calling yourself a singer.

...pushing it.

It's 101. It's why games are good. It is the root of adventure, and the beginning of everything that gaming has become.

It's The Legend of Zelda when Final Fantasy was still Final Fantasy 1.

When gaming was absolute shit, Zelda and Mario were born, and since then, it's been good.

Right?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

YES!, PS3 gamer playing Demons souls at the mo, frustrating.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

joshin69 said:
YES!, PS3 gamer playing Demons souls at the mo, frustrating.

lol, I told you. Not many will admit it though. That shit is hard. It's not cute. It's not fun. It is an angry time vampire that requires everything you've ever gave gaming, and the only reason it's good, is because you have such a sense of achievement when you beat it, you feel superior to other gamers. It's a spiteful evil glee that is fantastic, but it's not fun.

It's ass hard and frusteratingly impossible without the right strategies from the internet.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Also, know this.

I hope this game makes you all shite your pants, sell Demon's Soul(which you WILL do anyway, because most of you aren't going to like it, btw) and buy it immediately, because it's so damn good.

Do I have to say it again? I've already beaten the import and I'm rebuying the game to play with my American friends.

Yes, Zelda.

Then, I guess I'm just a no good casual gamer. I can't keep up with the elite such as yourself.

Hmm, I dunno dude. Calling yourself a gamer and not liking Zelda is pushing it, imo. It's like not being able to create cereal and calling yourself a chef. It's like not being able to pump gas and calling yourself a mechanic, it's like having no voice and calling yourself a singer.

...pushing it.

It's 101. It's why games are good. It is the root of adventure, and the beginning of everything that gaming has become.

When gaming was absolute shit, Zelda and Mario were born, and since then, it's been good.

Right?

I have never once asserted, assumed, or thought that Zelda was a bad game. It's just not for me, and that's what I mean when I don't like it.

I mean, it's ok to not like good games or to like bad games. That's where tastes come into to play. I don't think everyone should like Valkyria Chronicles, but I do think everyone should recognize that it's a well made game. The same is true, for nearly all of the games I love.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Also, know this.

Yes, Zelda.

...pushing it.

Right?

Don't worry Winston... I'll help you out.  Also for the reason of simply I can't let something like this go untouched.

Oh wow this is just a mess.  Well obviously hasty generalization fallacy.  Assuming that because Zelda is a prominent game and that all gamers are required to like it is simply an atrocious way to format an argument.  Well atrocious becuase it isn't logical.  But you could take it further that it's an appeal to tradition fallacy because just because Zelda has been considered a great game and something gamer's enjoy doesn't mean that is to be taken as the truth now. 

But you further the argument by a bad analogy fallacy.  Creating cereal and being a chef has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with being a gamer and liking Zelda.  Actually the parallels don't even match so fundamentally it doesn't make sense.   Same for the rest of your comparisions.  Analogies have to be sensical meaning they need to relate in a way.  Using diversion tools such as an appeal to "common knowledge" analogy form is not a way to further your argument. 

The whole of your argument stands as "Zelda is a pinnacle of gaming, thus to be in gaming you are required to like Zelda".  It's quite clear to understand why that doesn't work.  And appeal to emotion fallacy and hasty generalization fallacy.  It tries to assert their being a truth in Zelda being a great game and then asserting a truth that is a standard for a gamer, and then be a standard for gaming in general.  Thus it's a composition fallacy as well you move from the parts to the whole.  Just because something is a great game doesn't mean you can assert it as something as great for all gamers or something as great in the entire industry. 

I'm a huge Zelda fan so obviously I don't do this out of hate for the series.  I simply do this out of necessity for logic and your argument doesn't posses it in anyway.  I suggest you try to find a fundamental way in asserting Zelda as one of the pinnacle of the gaming industry and then relating that on to how you judge the validity of a gamer.  You'll find really quick there is no logical way of doing that because you even if you can do the first you can't move it to the second.  Gamers aren't determined necessarily by what they like.  If anything determined by how much they play and what they play.  And considering he's played Zelda, your argument would end there. 

if it was co-op i'd get excited.

It's all about the game.

dorbin2009 said:
I certainly am :)

It's funny how Bioware finally said "you know what, D&D is cool and all, but I can do better"

Testament to how crappy 4th edition rules are.

Given this game was announced 4 years before the 4th edition rules were available, I really don't think that had much impact on their decision. I think the fact that not paying to license D&D rules when you can easily come up with your own (especially if you've been in the business and developed before) is a better decision as it means more profits.

lilwingman said:
if it was co-op i'd get excited.

Im actually more excited now that I know it doesnt....i'd rather play a game focused on single player rather than tacking it on as an afterthought.  This generation has too frequently discarded storytelling for frag fests.