By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii sales up 1,700% on first day with New price tag !!

Nintendo Co.'s newly discounted Wii ended the sales streak of Microsoft Corp.'s Halo 3: ODST for the Xbox 360 this week at U.S. retail.

On Sun., sales for the Wii hardware ranked No. 1 at Amazon.com with a 1,700 percent increase in sales. Halo 3: ODST, previously the No. 1 ranking product in the division, ranked at No. 2 in the same period.

Amazon this week is offering a free $25 gift card in conjunction with the $199 Wii.

Additionally, it discounted ExciteBots: Trick Racing to $19.98, Wii Play to $39.98, the Wii Remote Controller to $33.98, and Wii Fit to $79.98.

Nintendo this month announced a $50 price cut for the Wii hardware. It previously sold at $249.99.

Microsoft this month announced a new $50 mail-in rebate offer with the purchase of the Xbox 360 Elite.

In the new offer, U.S. consumers who purchase an Xbox 360 Elite between Sept. 22 and Oct. 5 will be eligible to receive a $50 limited-time rebate.

-From Punch News

Sony how do you talk that ?

I mean they were all happy with the 300% more os PS3 sales, picture how happy nintendo should be now ?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

A baby seal was killed :(

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

eewwww.....Amazon data.

Uh oh Sony, you better be scared. Looks like Nintendo is the king of Amazon.com now.

Wait.. those are thousands!!

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

lmao yeah on amazon. I'll wait for the vg numbers thank you.

RageBot said:
A baby seal was killed :(

;( he's in a better place now

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

i see the good things that copetition brings , but the point is Sony make a lot noise at TGS saying "Well u know our sales up 300% that is our comeback" and now that should be saying ..."Yeah ...at least we had our two weeks of happines, looking at the sales charts"

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Shonen said:
i see the good things that copetition brings , but the point is Sony make a lot noise at TGS saying "Well u know our sales up 300% that is our comeback" and now that should be saying ..."Yeah ...at least we had our two weeks of happines, looking at the sales charts"

They made alot of noise about real meaningful data though, you can't counter that with BS Amazon.com data.  I'm sure the increase will be great, but what you posted doesn't mean anything.

While I'm certain Wii sales were boosted very nicely by the cut, I think we should wait before putting much stock in the Amazon numbers, although it is nice to see so much Wii stuff in the top bestsellers

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)