By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 to sell over 15 Million LTD or only over 10?

I am reminded of Colbert on the former president of Bush, by this thread:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/216371/december-15-2008/great-president---or-greatest-president-

Around the Network

I think it very well could end up under 10 million lifetime. It´s hard to say, it could also surprise and sell more, especially if it´s bundled.

atma998 said:
Hus said:
Some funny predictions.

Most will be so surprised by its NA sales, ahh its good to be right all the time.

Japan - 2ish
NA - 5/7
Euro - 7/9

Things go right it might be the first GT ever to break 20 million.

LMAO! This is the worst prediction I have ever seen and I have seen a LOT.

Yes I´m sorry but that is a terrible prediction. GT5 will struggle to even sell one million in Japan for instance. There is no way these predictions will come true.

Japan -- 1 Million

EU -- 6 - 7 Million

NA -- 2 - 3 Million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

OK, this is getting insane.

The PS3 does not have one game over 6 million copies sold, and one game has sold 5 million and that a GTA game. Now think for a minute, there's been multiple games on the PS3 that deserve to at least sell 5 million copies, but cannot even break 3 million.

GT5 will sell well, how well, who knows. But to believe 10 million and over is simply setting your self for huge disappointment.

7 million is my guess.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html
Worldwide Title Units (K)*
Gran Turismo 10,850
Gran Turismo 2 9,370
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec 14,890
Gran Turismo Concept Series 1,560
Gran Turismo 4 “Prologue” 1,350
Gran Turismo 4 10,830
Gran Turismo 5 “Prologue” 4,170
Total 53,020

*as of September 2009

If Halo 3 can sell over 10 mln., what the reason for GT5 not to sell? Because of GT5P?
And GT6 also will sell 10M+, i`m quite certain about it.

Halo 2 sold around 9 mln. on a much smaller userbase, than PS3 will be by the end of 2012.
You people really underestimate Gran Turismo brand power.

ZorroX said:
Halo 2 sold around 9 mln. on a much smaller userbase, than PS3 will be by the end of 2012.
You people really underestimate Gran Turismo brand power.

I think you really overestimate GT's brand power.  Just like so many overestimated PlayStation's brand power this gen... I just don't see how anyone can look at how PS3's performed, or how it's key games have performed, and still assume GT will automatically move 10m+, business as usual?  It's not 2005 anymore...

Short. No.

Long: Not a chance.

Max 8M.

So 600k during PS3 slim launch week is nothing?
Selling around 250k+ every week since slim launch is weak brand?

Do you remember what PS3 sales people predicted for slim first week and first month?
PS3 lost its position in NA, but it`s still VERY strong in Europe and Japan.

And have MGS4 taught you anything?

It will be more than GT5:P and Forza 3