By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

SmokedHostage said:

-Continues playing Wii Sports Resort-

what a comeback.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Buzzi said:
SmokedHostage said:

-Continues playing Wii Sports Resort-

Remember it's not a worthwhile title!

*goes playing WSR too*

Well...>_>....<_<...*plays Muramasa*

Former something....

psrock said:
Kantor said:
If you think about it, other than the thing about the Wii being overpriced by $100, and the Wii having no games since 2007, he's actually right.

You are wrong, very wrong. Yes, the Wii had a horrible late 2008 game wise, but its still contained more games than the other consoles. If you look at this holiday season, the Wii actually have a better lineup than the PS3.

Really? Well I truely don't know what to buy for my Wii this holiday other than maybe NSMBWii.

The Wii has actually no games on my 2009 hype meter too :P

Boutros said:
psrock said:
Kantor said:
If you think about it, other than the thing about the Wii being overpriced by $100, and the Wii having no games since 2007, he's actually right.

You are wrong, very wrong. Yes, the Wii had a horrible late 2008 game wise, but its still contained more games than the other consoles. If you look at this holiday season, the Wii actually have a better lineup than the PS3.

Really? Well I truely don't know what to buy for my Wii this holiday other than maybe NSMBWii.

Likewise, I have 0 xbox 360 games i'm buying this holiday season, different opinions for different people.

except for ssbb its true

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
@Simulacrum Gamecube? You cannot be serious. The gamecube probably has 30 worthwile games it's whole lifetime, I actually own more Wii games and have enjoyed more in half it's lifetime than I've did the Gamecube's whole life. Not only that, but the Wii has both the 1st party the Gamecube had, and MUCH better 3rd party support. Really...? Gamecube? I don't want to bash your opinion, but it seems to me that it has absolutely no basis. The Wii has the same games the gamecube had, more of them, and even games that the Gamecube would have never gotten. A better argument would be for the Snes, N64, and Nes, but Gamecube is really stretching it.

Hmm.I think Wii has about 5 titles that are worth getting vs Camecubes 20.

I'm not gonna go list wars so lets just say CameCube has so much better games for my taste than Wii will ever have.

Take my love, take my land..

Opinions in the internet aren't meant to be serious.

On my Facebook last night, I wrote a status update about how the Wii is now only priced about $100 more than it's actually worth to the consumer.

*Looks at hardware sales*

I think this is true not only based on its incredibly outdated tech and overall backwards-as-hell design, but also due to the fact that not a single, solitary game worth truly noting has come out in nearly two years. And that, my friends, is pathetic.

*Looks at software sales*

Well... I mean... good for him?

ph4nt said:
Boutros said:
psrock said:
Kantor said:

Likewise, I have 0 xbox 360 games i'm buying this holiday season, different opinions for different people.

But that's actually what I wonder. What Wii games will you buy?

psrock said:
Kantor said:

Did Moriarty say anything to the contrary? This is what he said:

-Wii is overpriced by $100 (clearly subjective and controversial)

-Wii has no good games released in the last 2 years (stupid)

-*bunch of incoherent ranting in the first two paragraphs (incoherent ranting. Okay, that was stupid too)

-Wii has no games of the same caliber as Super Mario Galaxy released in the last 2 years (true?)

-The PS1 and PS2 beat the N64 and GC in sales (fact)

-A lot of quality Wii games sell badly (fact)

-Wii destroying PS3 and 360 in sales (fact)

-The DS is awesome (does anyone here want to dispute this?)

-A casual gamer's interest in gaming may not be long term. (true)

-Nintendo were developing gods from the NES era to the N64 era (hell yes)

You can't say he's a Nintendo hater, because he's clearly not. So why doesn't he like the Wii?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective