By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

Here is the definition of several.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/several

It seems to me that it doesn't cover 8 since it shows a distinction from "many" and the lower end is about 4.

Around the Network

few??[fyoo] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est,noun, pronoun Use fewin a Sentence?adjective 1.not many but more than one: Few artists live luxuriously.

So only 3-4 artists live luxuriously?

sev?er?al??[sev-er-uhl,sev-ruhl] Show IPA Use severalin a Sentence?adjective 1.being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind: several ways of doing it. 2.respective; individual: They went their several ways. 3.separate; different: several occasions. 4.single; particular.5.Law. binding two or more persons who may be sued separately on a common obligation.?noun 6.several persons or things; a few; some.

More than two = several.

Point is, you have no idea of the cost.

PSN - hanafuda

I never claimed to know the cost. You might want to try arguing the point on the table rather than ones you make up. It makes more sense that way.

And if you don't understand how one word can have multiple meanings then I have no idea how you can communicate effectively over the internet. You are obviously trying to twist words out of context to win a semantics debate over nothing. Try sticking to real points rather than imaginary ones.

Real point: Sega and HVS are both happy with sales. Companies are only happy when they are profitable, or on a path to be profitable. Do you have any real info to dispute this?

Edit: I am trying to track down a good source for what I was talking about. I encountered the definitions I listed in various math classes and settings. It is entirely possible that it is a localized usage.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

O_o

Let it go people.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
O_o

Let it go people.

No YOU LET IT GO! (jk)

Also I see my post was completely ignored despite being very real about this whole stupid debate funny how that works out :D I typed /end for a reason :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
O_o

Let it go people.

No YOU LET IT GO! (jk)

Also I see my post was completely ignored despite being very real about this whole stupid debate funny how that works out :D I typed /end for a reason :P

Your mistake was to post something intelligent.

Ok sooooo... who cares?

MegaMan 2 is way better

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

If anyone couldn't see that IGN (and most other 'accredited' news sites) had been poking fun or outright bashing the Wii for years, then they were blind. This is just another recent example of them outright stating it because their cheeky puns, weak reviews and little jabs at how 'inferior' the system is compared to the others in every article wasn't satisfying them enough. Especially since they felt they weren't influencing people to choose an alternative to the Wii. And when a reviewer doesn't feel like he's influencing his public, you get outbursts like this.

Poor little IGN feel like they're not changing the gaming industry by downscoring Wii/DS games and poking fun at WiiMusic every other article? Boo hoo...

Six upcoming games you should look into:

1200p|is|FullHD said:
I agree with everything written in the blog ( except megaman 3 being the best game ever ).

in the past years, i played about 4 hours of Guitar hero 3, 1 hour Wii Play and maybe 2 hours Zelda.
and i palyed thorugh rebel strike ( a GC game ).

I'm a hardcore gamer and nintendo fan, i bought the wii month 1, but I played it < 10 hours in 365 days.

After the Gamecube gen where I always sneaking a peek at the PS2 library, all the games I couldn't play, I thought that this gen, I bet on the right horse.
But Nintendo doesnt give a shit about those who saved their ass when they produced a pure failure console, the people who made them survive despite ridiculous business decisions in the 5th and 6th gen ( cartridges anyone ? ).

Ok, so the Wii has 8 year old hardware, Im fine with that by now. But I havent bough a game since mario kart, and that is for a reason.

A lot has to happen to convince me to ever buy a product of this company.

And it was just a matter of time since sth like this is being posted on a big website. its a logical consequence

Yeah Nintendo owes people like you for nearly sinking the company. Each new gen you might notice how Nintendo sold less and less consoles by trying to match the other guys to the point were the Gamecube came in last. Nintendo needed to do something different in order to not become the next Sega and now we have the highly successful Wii.

Get over yourself, Nintendo owes you and people like you nothing