By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

The wii's fun, yet its hard to imagine it being your only console. there's just too many good games on xbox and playstation.

but the games are coming now, 2010 a lot of core games are going to the wii. ther's no point by being offended by this guy's remarks. hes not important in any way.

Around the Network
asumal said:

The wii's fun, yet its hard to imagine it being your only console. there's just too many good games on xbox and playstation.

but the games are coming now, 2010 a lot of core games are going to the wii. ther's no point by being offended by this guy's remarks. hes not important in any way.

That's true.  The Wii is my only console and while I do want a 360, I just don't have enough time to play games as I used to.  I'm more than busy with the Wii (as my backlog denotes), and I've already made peace with the fact that I'll miss out on many great games on the HD consoles.

I love how these people are always so conveniently ex-Nintendo fans or used to have this degree of respect for the company before the Wii, but now it's all gone because of over-exaggerated "points", A lot of which are just plain silly or flat out lies.

Does this mean we're back to square one? Where the core argument is that the Wii "has no games"?

How technical is your game?

IxisNaugus said:
I love how these people are always so conveniently ex-Nintendo fans or used to have this degree of respect for the company before the Wii, but now it's all gone because of over-exaggerated "points", A lot of which are just plain silly or flat out lies.

Does this mean we're back to square one? Where the core argument is that the Wii "has no games"?

Yeah, that's what it's become.

Kylie, you don't get to claim he means something else by leaving out the part of the quote that proves me right. I kind of am able to look it up again.

"I wrote a status update about how the Wii is now only priced about $100 more than it's actually worth to the consumer. I think this is true not only based on its incredibly outdated tech and overall backwards-as-hell design"

"based on" is the fact claim. "this is so" and the previous sentence are the "I think" parts. It's called parts of a sentence (or multiple sentences in this case).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

asumal said:

Opinions lol, I would actually find it hard to believe that a PS3 or 360 could be someone's only console

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

meh, its just a blog post....people are entitled to opinions

*sigh* Another I agree with the troll cause he can form his own opinions vs the people trying to prove why he is essentially a paid professional troll.

It's starting to get rather old, you can say people agree with him, he's speaking to the internet trolls that does not make up the majority of gamers, yes they are consumers but not the consumers that were thinking of buying a Wii in the first place, if they were they would have done it by now.

The guy clearly has no idea what the masses want and that's the bottom line, say it's opinion, he touted some things as clearly fact, and he did it to support his own bias and get like minded individuals to back him up, which I repeat is NOT the consumer.

Everyone on this forum and the editor are not the mass consumers we're all of the "core" base, he has a better point saying it's not a machine for like minded fellows like himself, the core loyalists that apparently cannot see a good game when it slaps them in the mouth.

/end

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Chrizum said:
While LordTheNightKnight is taking this much too far (as always), he is right about the "opinion disucssion". You can't just slap "IMO" or "I think" in every sentence and say "It's my opinion so it can't be wrong".

It's funny because I'm currently taking a philosophy class called "Logic" and we discuss how arguments can be verified and falsified.

"I like trees better than grass because trees are red and grass is yellow which is ugly IMO" is easily falsified. Yes, it's an opinion, but it's still wrong.

In short: an opinion based on a false premise is an invalid opinion.

Whoa, no: a factually true proposition can be deduced from a factually false premise

(factually false) premise A: "all men are reptiles"

(factually true) premise B: "all reptiles are mortal"

formal deduction from A and B: "all men are mortal", which is factually true.

In terms of your logic class: the table of truth value for "false=>true" is true

In short: even if the guy's premises are weak, and his reasoning is a mess, the conclusions he comes to must be disproved for their content, not for the process. Which isn't hard, mind you.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

^His conclusions are wrong

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
^His conclusions are wrong

I agree, just trying to help Chrizum not flunking his logic class ;)

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman