By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FORZA III Damage system looks too OLD!

First of all I want to make it clear that I’m a big fan of Forza series and here at VGarabia.com we always tried to pass every single peace of info we managed to get about the long-awaited racing simulation master piece.

Now that the Demo version is available to everyone, we would like to put the microscope on one of the most important aspects in any racing simulation game, Damages & Crashes.

We all know that Forza is a racing simulation game and it’s far away from being anything near an arcade game so when we talk about crashes and damages systems we won’t compare the game with Burnout Paradise or anything like it.

After I played FORZAIII demo more than 10 times, something weird caught my attention in the damage system, and I will not hide that I felt a certain dissatisfaction with the size of development and improvement happened since FORZAII which was characterized by the unique damage system it had at that time, but that was in 2007 and what was “unique” before is simply “Not enough” right now specially after we experienced games like GRID and DIRT 2 and they both offer a much deeper damage system than the one in FORZAIII demo, it’s obvious that FORZAIII improved so much in so many aspects, but I think they didn’t pay enough attentions to the damage system.

You can simply try to test the demo yourself, and I think you will probably notice the following:

- You crash head on into another car and all what you will see is paint scratches!
- You hit the rear right light in the car in front of you then the other one simply broke even you didn’t touch it.
- Any accident no matter how awful it is, can’t affect the length of the chassis.
- Lights sometimes survive a huge direct hit, while they may be broke in a silly indirect collision.

Well, don’t call me a GT5 fan, I think you better call me a disappointed FORZAIII fan who is affected by every minor fail in the game -not to mention that I didn’t notice any gear shifting animation- maybe it’s my fault because I thought the game will be just PERFECT, but simply it isn’t, and I can say that GT5 “Destructio Derby” footage are not that bad after all!

FORZAII Demo Damage footage back in 2007, I don’t think that FORZAIII improved alot!

FORZAIII Damage footage:

Around the Network

While i agree that the damage isn't overly impressive...

Do we REALLY need another Forza 3 thread ¬_¬

Honestly, who cares. The game is for racing. If you wanna make spectacular crashes get a Burnout game like me 8D

@ Solid

You should add the source to the OP

http://www.vgarabia.com/2009/09/26/forza-iii-damage-system-looks-too-old/

@ kownicki, severely? roflmao it affects driving a little after your car is near total loss..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

@ kownicki, severely? roflmao it affects driving a little after your car is near total loss..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Personally i think it looks much better than forza 2

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

suddenly, the GT5 damage do not look so bad after all ...

Time to Work !

idc
i loved the demo and im still getting this game day one
if i wanna see amaizing crashes then ill get burnout

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

ive got to say i was underwhelmed with the demo damage in forza 3, though getting a competitor on his side so he couldnt get back was funny. and the under side modling of the cars is horid if your going to let us flip them spedd more time on that put all the crap on there..... forza 2s demo almost made me not buy the game, but i did and loved it in the end. forza 3 demo is making me hold back a bit too.... but i preordered it and no need to cancel it, they should really build tuning into the demos so you get a better idea of what fun you can have.,.... the cars in the forza 3 demo also felt heavy (compared to 2) and the game felt slower... but that could just be all the mods ive made to my forza 2 cars i rarely race them with out mods....

also that flash back thing does not work if you hit a car before you cross the start line, i know its nit picking but wtf... oh well.. much like forza 2 im sure the real game will be better.... the forza team needs to work on their demo skills...

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog