By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Wii sell over 2 Million in 1 week?

some people need to go look at this.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39705&end=39845

08 holiday sales world wide. The Wii managed 5 weeks over 1m units. This year it will probably be another 5 weeks of over 1m units sold. The DS also had 5 weeks over 1m units, and 1 week was extremely close to 2m units sold.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Oh damn, that chart is crazy. Put me down for a "Definitely Yes".

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

No. The system has already sold over 50 million consoles, $50 isn't that much of a drop, and people aren't talking about the Wii nearly as much as they used to. Yes, it's still going to sell, but I sincerely doubt it'll do 2 million in a single week.

Also, with the PS3 as well as 360 getting price drops, I think they'll steal sales away from the Wii.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

No, no and no.

PS: no.

Nope...

Around the Network

No.

My answer? Possible.

Last December Wii was supply constrained and had a flat December, when typically December sales are double November, December sales were the same since there were no Wii's.

Even if Wii is down 50% for November (which I doubt with the price cut). December sales could be identical to last year's December, indicating it can come close to 2 million again.

If Wii wasn't supply constrained last year, I would not be surprised if it could have done 2.5-3 million 1 week worldwide.

Possible, but unlikely.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

na wii sales have begun to fall YOY. I'm guessing with economy still somewhat in the shits, and the fact that the wii has been out for a few years now, that each holiday will begin to go lower and lower

No. The price cut might bring it to previous year level sales, but not much higher.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective