By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European Users: How well is PS3 selling in Europe?

LingLing said: nintendo_fanboy said: Absolutely right. X360 is absolutely no topic here in switzerland, i don't know a single person who owns one and as far as i can remember, there was absolutely no publicity at the launch. i think xbox did better here then x360 is doing right now. but this might be specific for switzerland. but to point this out again, if ps3 launches on the niveau of x360 here in europe, it can be called a dead console. Thats already 2nd or 3rd time i see you writing, that 360 is a dead console in Switzerland. I happen to live in Switzerland, too and 3 friends of mine have a 360, so just because you don't know anyone with a 360 doesn't mean nobody has it in the whole country....
of course this is just my impression, but this is not only due to the fact that i don't know anybody who owns one, but also because there is no talk about it, wether in the media nor from people that i know. but important for me is that i know quite a lot of people who own a xbox, and nobody of them bought an x360. dead console is probably exagerated, but i assume that it sells worse then gc and xbox did.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Diomedes1976 said: The quotient for the european markets (of the Europe of 15 countries ,the new Europe of 25 countries I dont know but doubt will differ much most are really tiny or have underdeveloped game markets ) is more or less like this . UK(actually England,Ireland ) :35% France :15% Germany:15% Spain :8.5% Italy; 8% . Sweden ;1.5% Norway :1.5% Austria:3% . Portugal:1.3% Holland;1.6% Belgium;1.5% . Denmark: 0.5% Switzerland(not UE but integrated in the european economy all the same ) ;1.5% . Greece :1% . Luxembourg ;nearly 1% . THe remaining 4-5% for all the other countries .
This is OT, i know, but you should define what you mean by Europe and new Europe. Looks like Europe in this case means European countries, which are "west" by welfare and politically. You forgot Finland from the list, and Norway isn't ETA-country nor EU (you mentioned Switzerland as ETA, but not EU [i assume that you mean by UE the European Union]). Ex Eastern block countries have such low welfare, that theyre not buying much consoles, even that some of them are quite populated. About PS3 prebooking, here at Finland (atleast the stores i know) did not take any prebooking fee. So its possible, that many of those, who prebooked, leave the console to the store. By the way, some stores in Italy started selling PS3 at wednesday... But Italy is "the promised land of the PS". It looks like PS3 got a decent start in Europe, good for them, but i think that sales freezes by april. Even in Europe people are not that stupid that they pay the price nearly 700€ (its 670-690€ here) from a console. OK, the PS2 was sold in Finland at start for 500€, and people still bought it. But the reports i've seen from Finland tells that PS3 is not a blockbuster here either. Oh, and compared to Wii... I have seen Wii once in a store, 20.1 there was 8 pcs at the store, and i bought mine then. :) After that day haven't seen any, so its still sold out here.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I'm from the UK and purely based on from the talk I've been hearing from the friends... (which admittedly isn't a perfect cross-section of the community) I doubt the PS3 will sell that well after the first flood of pre-orders and early buyers. Most gamers I talk to seem interested in it but are put off by the high-price tag. A lot of people are just waiting for the Xbox360 to drop in price again to buy it. Everyone seems very impressed by the Wii and several people who played mine decided to buy one too (and more are still looking) and alot of those are casual.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Delusional said: Vienna said: i some way iam missing kwaad ... :( LOL i agree. for me at least, he says things that i would like to make arguements back to and it's fun at times. i never dealt with washimul so i dont know if he was annoying or interesting.
Annoying like hell, couldn't write without caps and lot of dots.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said: Yojimbo said: Robjoh: Siba on of the biggest retailers in Sweden is saying that all consoles are preorded. And people have to wait for the next wave of consoles they are guessing 30/3. ok nice...Didn't even know that Siba took preorders. Webbhallen says 2x20+ in stock (the highest they ever post is 20+) Discshop 184 in stock... Onoff still has stock but that is ridicules bundles. Spelbutiken says have stock (no more info) CDON has stock. Elgiganten is also sold out online at least. (quit big two) Elgiganten and Siba gave really good bundles so it might not be that strange, they made the 6500 SEK worth the money. I think Elgiganten gave one game and one movie. Siba sold PS3 for 6200 SEK with motorstorm. That is more or less al info I can give. So close to sold out?
Small update. Was in town (Gothenburg Swedens secons largest city) to buy some other stuff. Went into EBgames and found Baten Kaitos (yes!) for a cheap price. Asked about the Wii got info that soon all preorder would be meet. He asked me if I didn't want a PS3 instead I asked isn't they sold out Answer: No, everybody still have stock

Around the Network

Well like I've said in another topic, PS3 is available within the Netherlands, famous online stores such as dimensionplus, wehkamp, bol.com, bart smit for example have the console in stock, so not sold out in Holland, sorry... also I've seen on UK websites such as Play.com and Amazon.co.uk that the console is available so I guess not sold out either. News reports said that the launch in Holland was quiet though kind of succesful.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

One of the biggest online-stores in Poland - Ultima - PS3 - sold out status. PlayStation 3 - wersja z 60 HDD - druga dostawa! - Playstation 3 - version with 60 GB HDD - second shipment ! PS3 - First shipment sold out.

kber81 said: One of the biggest online-stores in Poland - Ultima - PS3 - sold out status. PlayStation 3 - wersja z 60 HDD - druga dostawa! - Playstation 3 - version with 60 GB HDD - second shipment ! PS3 - First shipment sold out.
Great

robjoh said: Great
I think your sarcasm is unnecessary. It's just an info. I don't think it's worse than yours.

WiiGirl76 said: Well like I've said in another topic, PS3 is available within the Netherlands, famous online stores such as dimensionplus, wehkamp, bol.com, bart smit for example have the console in stock, so not sold out in Holland, sorry... also I've seen on UK websites such as Play.com and Amazon.co.uk that the console is available so I guess not sold out either. News reports said that the launch in Holland was quiet though kind of succesful.
Looking around in stores in my city (in the Netherlands) today confirms that quite a lot of PS3 are still available. (yet Wii's were nowhere to be found)