By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - European Users: How well is PS3 selling in Europe?

The store I work at in the UK got 58 PS3's for launch and only sold one of them, Wii's are selling out before we put them on the shelf

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

Around the Network

BTW: German PS3 fans...this is your chance to laugh at the "Ebay sharks" and make profit from them: there are around 100 PS3´s on Ebay Germany today and most of them sell for around 550 - 580 € ..... less than the original price of 599 € None was sold for more ! Remember the Wii madness on Ebay around Xmas time 2006 , when Nintendos consoles was sold for 350 - 400 € ??? (Original price as 249 €) Now it´s your time to pay back Cheers TCMHQ

casi said: casi said: some observations pre-launch and launch-day from Munich: - PS3 has seen strong sales this morning (launch day), but supply meets demand so far. I'll check again when people leave work for the weekend. Friday afternoon: I visited that store again this afternoon. Nightmare for Sony, no more consoles sold. They still have about 80% of their initial stock, and everybody who wanted one got one already.
I visited my store again, Saturday before closing. Looks like they sold 60-70% of their stock so far. Not too bad, Sony.

I tried to download the Gran Turismo HD Concept, but it is not working, maybe problems with FIrmware 1.6. That's why I went again to Saturn and bought Call of Duty 3, happily the stores are now open until 10.00 p.m. in Germany. I can´t confirm that only a few PS3 were sold in the big Megastores, at minimum 50% of the available consoles were sold until 9:50 p.m., they hope the rest will be sold within the next week. I´m convinced with more available software they will sell more. I´m absolutely satisfied with the new PS3.

kber81 said: robjoh said: Great I think your sarcasm is unnecessary. It's just an info. I don't think it's worse than yours.
Sorry I wasn't sarcastic, I actually meant it, competition is good and if nintendo or xbox360 gets a free ride I think it is bad for my intresst. So again I am relly sorry it wasn't my meaning to get anybody pissed off.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

kars said: Bertl said: I just bought my PS3 at Saturn in Frankfurt I didn't preorder, I just went there and got one. There are plenty left in both stores. You can really say that: plenty in stock everywhere. If I consider that that Sony only shipped 100.000 for Germany I really have to wonder. This can't be described as a big push against the Xbox 360 (some available) or Wii. This looks more and more like a third place for Sony.
only 100k? Germany is the biggest market in EU they should have gotten almost the same as UK.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Stromprophet said: You might try asking Nintendo why they can't make enough, it's not like they are that difficult to manufacture. Of course, I've been able to find Wiis for weeks now here in the US, maybe Europe is just getting snubbed.
How can you be so sure? Do you know something about their manufacturing plans that we don't? I would think anything as new to consoles as what's in Wii with the motion sensing may be not so "easy" to churn out. And besides Nintendo has a reputation for not making sheety products (yes I censored myself there). For them to sloppily crank out systems will leave them in a PS2 kind of situation. They do NOT need that kind of press. Quality takes time. Just how it is. Even THEY couldn't anticipate this demand. The best problem ANY company can have is when you can't make your widgets fast enough for your insatiable customers. That's a beautiful problem and a rare one to boot. Therefore it is hard to prepare for. Best to take it safe than sorry. Best to underfill the bucket than overfill it. All good businesses operate like this. John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said: Stromprophet said: You might try asking Nintendo why they can't make enough, it's not like they are that difficult to manufacture. Of course, I've been able to find Wiis for weeks now here in the US, maybe Europe is just getting snubbed. How can you be so sure? Do you know something about their manufacturing plans that we don't? I would think anything as new to consoles as what's in Wii with the motion sensing may be not so "easy" to churn out. And besides Nintendo has a reputation for not making sheety products (yes I censored myself there). For them to sloppily crank out systems will leave them in a PS2 kind of situation. They do NOT need that kind of press. Quality takes time. Just how it is. Even THEY couldn't anticipate this demand. The best problem ANY company can have is when you can't make your widgets fast enough for your insatiable customers. That's a beautiful problem and a rare one to boot. Therefore it is hard to prepare for. Best to take it safe than sorry. Best to underfill the bucket than overfill it. All good businesses operate like this. John Lucas
Oh so Nintendo doesn't want to be the winner? Weird...

Planning on getting a PS3 sometime in July-August.

Well all of you guys making a big deal that the PS3 isnt selling out let me tell you something. Its good for Sony if theres no sell out. Seriously then people wont be going on to site selling it for 900 dallors they can just buy it at the stores.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

RolStoppable said: Unlike Sony, Nintendo is staying to their beliefs. One of them is to make quality products that last long and don't go broke by single accidents. If you read the reports on http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/ you must give credit to Nintendo for the durability of the Wiimote. So many people that threw around their Wiimotes by accident (some on purpose) and did damage to their TVs, lamps, walls, windows, but still the most of these Wiimotes are working just fine as they should. Why should Nintendo bother to make bad quality products in order to get the most sales fast? The competition is already ground by a wide margin. Production is ramped up, in April we should see the first increased numbers. If you think that the Wii is only here for 2 years you might be surprised about the so called "future-proof" PS3.
I'm not saying they made bad quality products.. It's like a very good meal. You have it, and it's done. You can't bring it back and eat it again, unless you buy another one. I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again, people will eventually find the Wiimote frustrating and arm killing... I know and everybody knows the PS3 is here to stay... Good sales or not it's gonna give you gameplay/movie playback/graphics like no other [Wii]. And when the Wii drops, people will see the reason in PS3. And currently, It's outselling the 360, and when the March stats come in, you're gonna see it more clearly than ever. Just my prediction.

Planning on getting a PS3 sometime in July-August.